Slowthai

mouserat

Hard to see how he performs this year really. We do live in a society where you are innocent until proven guilty but this is an incredibly emotive crime to be charged with. I would guess the festival will say go prove your innocence in court and come back next year, or fuck off and die if you actually are a rapist.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Hard to see how he performs this year really. We do live in a society where you are innocent until proven guilty but this is an incredibly emotive crime to be charged with. I would guess the festival will say go prove your innocence in court and come back next year, or fuck off and die if you actually are a rapist.

Yeah I expect the fact it's gone this far through the legal system (when so many crimes like this don't) means the festival can quite confidently say 'sorry, not this year - let's wait and see what comes of the court case'. 

Thought with victims obviously and that is the most important thing, but saw him at Sziget last year and he was brilliant so really disappointed that he turns out to be even more of a twat than the throw away comment at the Brits suggested.

In the last year I also loved a new band called The Shakes who split in the wake of their lead singer being called out as a rapist & general sex pest. 

Such a shame when good music goes bad.

Really hope that if there is justice to be had, the victim gets theirs. It's incredibly brave to take it this far.

I wonder what the Eavii will say about it all. There were question marks over Johnny Depp in 2017, and Emily Eavis brushed them off and said it was up to each area to book who they wanted, regardless of their moral code.

image.png.1374f1ed3e20c6f2622704c59c2ef00f.png

I wonder if they'll deem this to be too much, that it's actually going to court, albeit the whole innocent before proven guilty discussion. Although, JD was also taken to court too... Or perhaps as the OP says, he'll just disappear off the poster.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I wonder if they'll deem this to be too much, that it's actually going to court, albeit the whole innocent before proven guilty discussion. 

I can't imagine for one minute that someone who has been charged with rape will be able to fulfil any outstanding gigs. I fully expect him to be dropped from Glasto, Blur support etc pronto. If I was on the bill with him I wouldn't want him around. Even if he isn't, I'd imagine the terms of any subsequent bail would prohibit such performances. Vile person

9 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I can't imagine for one minute that someone who has been charged with rape will be able to fulfil any outstanding gigs. I fully expect him to be dropped from Glasto, Blur support etc pronto. If I was on the bill with him I wouldn't want him around. Even if he isn't, I'd imagine the terms of any subsequent bail would prohibit such performances. Vile person

True, it's very much in the here and now, as opposed to the Johnny one which was 8 months done and the UK case was really over libel, not if he actually was a domestic abuser or not.

Think he's gonna be dropped now too. Footballers are also suspended pending investigations into sexual assaults etc. Would think the same applies here.

10 minutes ago, sisco said:

Think someone said he’s already disappeared from the R&L poster.  Can’t imagine he’ll be at Glasto or supporting Blur either

Yep. Big gap there, they've all been bumped up one. He was directly under Lewis Capaldi. 

image.thumb.png.c626f3afb0b2c59e6eb2a599e7899fb1.png

image.png.a09bd0560dd19993297f0f62e0b18f51.png

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

Just now, golden egg said:

Not an Arsenal fan then?

No I’m not. But it’s not something to attack the fans for, I’m sure the majority of them wouldn’t want that particular player in their team either; a group of them organised a banner earlier this season saying ‘kick rapists out of football’ and it was flown over the game they were playing that day, so absolute respect to them for that.
It’s the club that need to take the stick for it, they’re the ones who are pretty disgusting. 

Obviously doesn't make him guilty of anything and it's purely opinion but always thought he carried himself terribly.

Just a lot of his antics didn't sit right with me. 

Think until the case is sorted in the courts it's wise to remove him.