The Unofficial eFests Meet-up

Crazyfool01

10 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Is this deffo you last big G appearance Neil? I know mine is likely not far away. 

See you’ve done about the same number as me, not exactly the same years.

I’m going to see how it goes this year, after struggling a bit last year. 
Thing is it’s hard to turn down a free ticket and vehicle pass 

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

See you’ve done about the same number as me, not exactly the same years.

I’m going to see how it goes this year, after struggling a bit last year. 
Thing is it’s hard to turn down a free ticket and vehicle pass 

Never missed a year since 1994 skip. Dont plan to miss one but one day events or health will inevitably catch up with me.

@Pinhead @Neil @Skip997 so really..... when do you think you’ll call it a day? I only ever intended to go to one festival (2015). But now can’t see me not trying for tickets for years to come. So... if it’s not to delicate a question, what age are you? When do you think, it just becomes too much of a physical ordeal? ( @Neil aware of your situation through this forum, and recognise things may be different for you) but really, when do you call it a day? I’m 60 this year, and every year, I think it’s my last, but every ticket day I can’t stop myself. The trip to and from is horrible for me, being in Scotland. I think if I lived closer, I’d have longer. I’m now resigned to pushing it as long as I can, but have no idea how long that is.

1 hour ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

@Pinhead @Neil @Skip997 so really..... when do you think you’ll call it a day? I only ever intended to go to one festival (2015). But now can’t see me not trying for tickets for years to come. So... if it’s not to delicate a question, what age are you? When do you think, it just becomes too much of a physical ordeal? ( @Neil aware of your situation through this forum, and recognise things may be different for you) but really, when do you call it a day? I’m 60 this year, and every year, I think it’s my last, but every ticket day I can’t stop myself. The trip to and from is horrible for me, being in Scotland. I think if I lived closer, I’d have longer. I’m now resigned to pushing it as long as I can, but have no idea how long that is.

like you, i went once and kept going - i'm now 58, its too much of a physical ordeal because i'm now heavily disabled, and couldn't do glastonbury without he assistance of my wife, who gets less keen about that the more she does, as it impacts on her festival enjoyment, and mine.
i'll see how it goes for if i decide to go again.

6 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

I'm the same age as you.

For me it's not physical issues, I have it very easy on that level (on site camper van), it's the overcrowding, change of vibe (maybe last year was a "one off") etc.

However, the main reason I go, I believe, is to meet up and hang out with old mates (I reckon I know nearly 50 folks who will be there this year). It's hard and boring to explain, but the scene within the "old school"crew is very different and TBH (apologies) but I struggle to identify with a lot of the punters.

In many ways I love the way it's developed, better entertainment etc, but in other ways I hate it. I sometimes worry about what will happen when Michael is no longer with us.

When will I call it a day? Not sure, but the first reason would be no longer having a way in. I could not go as a punter.

8 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Wish I'd done 1992 and 1993 tbh - my mates invited me but I was like 'cant be arsed with that f**kin hippy festival' - what a twat I was!

I sort of did the same but a few years later 1999-2003.

Finally went in 2004 and haven’t missed one since.  Still regret missing those pre-super fence ones!

7 hours ago, Pinhead said:

I wont deny its a hell of a slog gettin in. Afterwards its fine really. I dont do it like I used to - Class A's and all that - but will carry on until I cant. 50 this year.

Maybe you’ll have to succumb to something like Sticklinch!   

8 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Well I'm not one to tell people when they're too old for something. I did my first Glastonbury in 2017 at the age of 64, this will be my fourth and I'll be there for 9 days working in the Oxfam shop traipsing back and forth from the Oxfield to the Park, and I'm as excited as a kid at Christmas.

I know somebody who did his first in 2019 at the age of 68, this will be his third and he flies in from the USA.

You're too old when, for whatever reason, you're no longer enjoying it and have stopped dancing.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

You're too old when, for whatever reason, you're no longer enjoying it and have stopped dancing.

To paraphrase the classic George Bernard Shaw quote:

You don’t stop partying because you get old, you get old when you stop partying. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

I'm the same age as you.

For me it's not physical issues, I have it very easy on that level (on site camper van), it's the overcrowding, change of vibe (maybe last year was a "one off") etc.

However, the main reason I go, I believe, is to meet up and hang out with old mates (I reckon I know nearly 50 folks who will be there this year). It's hard and boring to explain, but the scene within the "old school"crew is very different and TBH (apologies) but I struggle to identify with a lot of the punters.

In many ways I love the way it's developed, better entertainment etc, but in other ways I hate it. I sometimes worry about what will happen when Michael is no longer with us.

When will I call it a day? Not sure, but the first reason would be no longer having a way in. I could not go as a punter.

I heard a quote on an advert for something on TV that made me think

”you don’t move on because you’re ready to, you move on because you’ve outgrown who you used to be”

4 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

Well I'm not one to tell people when they're too old for something. I did my first Glastonbury in 2017 at the age of 64, this will be my fourth and I'll be there for 9 days working in the Oxfam shop traipsing back and forth from the Oxfield to the Park, and I'm as excited as a kid at Christmas.

I know somebody who did his first in 2019 at the age of 68, this will be his third and he flies in from the USA.

I’m working in the Oxfam shop too!

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I'll be at the meet up at 6 in advance of @Crazyfool01 likely later arrival so everyone welcome to come early. I'll wear my green Fields of Avalon t-shirt and we'll do stickers for easy ID for everyone. See you Wednesday. 

Hope to catch up with a few of you on the Hill of Death Tuesday evening. 

Nice one......me and Mrs P will be along to R&F as soon after 1800 as we can make it 👍

• Upvote 1