woodsies

Crazyfool01

16 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Except if Lizzo is the 4th or 5th headliner and that throws set lengths about the place different to usual - also 90% of Lizzo's crowd are going to want to be somewhere else when she walks offstage!

My thoughts pretty much the same.  Crowds always make these mad dashes impossible.  Plus if the timing works, I'd expect a good chunk of the Lizzo audience to be aiming for Rina so it could be a mental crush.

3 minutes ago, KidneyTerra said:

Courteeners say same day.  When they played in 2008, it was on Saturday 28th so they must mean the day (Saturday), rather than the date.

This is the attention to detail that efestivals was designed for 👏  

I feel perpetually confused by the placement of CATQ on festival lineups. I've never really been a fan of theirs, though there are a handful of songs I like, but are they really bigger than Maneskin and the Courteeners in the UK? I've literally never met someone that talks about them, and I'd say I've got more friends 'into' music than the vast majority of people

I like it more and more as I look at it. It's good, if you're not feeling it that's definitely on you!

I do think Maneskin could now be on our list of 'get there early to ensure success' because I think I need to be there fir that atmosphere...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jacko45 said:

Wunderhorse very good.

Newcomer here, any pics of the area? Is it pretty small stage and intimate or no?

Yea their debut was fantastic. I was thinking they would probs be on at WG but we know how went.

Just now, grayfitz said:

Would much rather have seen Phoenix escape this repeat slot in the tent and be mid-afternoon on another stage, but alas..

I genuinely think Phoenix want to play to as small an audience as possible judging by their recent Glasto slots

Friday night;  Slowdive, Warpaint, Fever Ray, that would make one  a very happy boy..

24 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Against the general consensus, I am thrilled to be getting a personal gig from Phoenix, and will sing and dance my little socks off whilst you're all at Reg-aoke! At least I'll have plenty of space.

Ben

They were fantastic last time you'll have blast. I'll be one of the few at Elton this time

• Upvote 1

I was at the JP tent a lot last year, and looks like I will be at Woodsies quite a bit this year.  Each to their own but I think they have done a brilliant job with this line-up.  12 acts I would be very keen to see, but in reality with clashes I expect I will manage about 4-5.  Would love to see Rina, Caroline, C&TQ and Phoenix but they are all likely to be ruled out by clashes.  Hopefully will be able to catch Slowdive, Pale Waves, Cat Burns, The Big Moon, Wunderhorse and The Last Dinner Party.

I was already happy with overall line-up this year, and this stage line-up drop has just made it even more stacked for me - I can already feel the clashes are going to be worse than last year which I didn't think was possible.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

I feel perpetually confused by the placement of CATQ on festival lineups. I've never really been a fan of theirs, though there are a handful of songs I like, but are they really bigger than Maneskin and the Courteeners in the UK? I've literally never met someone that talks about them, and I'd say I've got more friends 'into' music than the vast majority of people

I was thinking this.  Not a headline level act IMO.  Other than Tilted (which was an OK song, stood on the shoulders of an ace video) I don't think I've heard much else of their output and not really liked any of it.

2 minutes ago, circus92 said:

I was at the JP tent a lot last year, and looks like I will be at Woodsies quite a bit this year.  Each to their own but I think they have done a brilliant job with this line-up.  12 acts I would be very keen to see, but in reality with clashes I expect I will manage about 4-5.  Would love to see Rina, Caroline, C&TQ and Phoenix but they are all likely to be ruled out by clashes.  Hopefully will be able to catch Slowdive, Pale Waves, Cat Burns, The Big Moon, Wunderhorse and The Last Dinner Party.

I was already happy with overall line-up this year, and this stage line-up drop has just made it even more stacked for me - I can already feel the clashes are going to be worse than last year which I didn't think was possible.

I have this creeping feeling of dread that it's going to be a stinker for clashes this year.  After this poster and without the official timings I think I have 3 already and one is a three-wayer.