Shangri La 2023

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

ho99o9 😃  that is going to be OFF THE CHARTS 

skindred too, magnificent! 

Thought of you when I saw Skindred, missed Dub War last year but not making that mistake with Skindred!

• Upvote 1

Gentlemen's Dub Club will be an absolute riot, they're so much fun live

London Elektricity
Nia Archives
Dutty Moonshine
Ezra Collective
GDC
Panic Shack
Skindred

All well up there on my first pass. Also see K.O.G. is hosting; if he's doing a show as well that'll be a blast, was amazing in Croissant Neuf last year

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

They played with a massive live band in Avalon last year, surprised if they could fit that number of musicians on Truth stage, but maybe its a Lite version of the show 🤷‍♂️ 

They played Greenpeace stage in 2019 with a more DJ led set so maybe similar to that.

29 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The moment they started booking bigger acts for Truth/Earache Skindred seemed like such an obvious certainty. Gutted that it’s happening the year I’m not there. That set will be such a good time.

Adding Skindred to "acts I've wanted to see at Glastonbury but they've already been added to Bearded Theory so the shine has been taken off it a bit" list.

It's quite a niche list to be fair.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Folamour owes me that set. I stood through two hours of generic tech house expecting him to show up

I wasted my first experience of molly on this hahaha

1 hour ago, MadDog29 said:

Samurai breaks on the time is now takeover on Platform 23. Yes please. Just seen him play Bangface and it was very fun. Ive not been to the platform 23 stage before, what is the sound like?

It is quite small but the sound was good when I was there. Plus you can go into a real life tube carriage to sit down when your legs cant take it anymore

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rgalbraith said:

It is quite small but the sound was good when I was there. Plus you can go into a real life tube carriage to sit down when your legs cant take it anymore

the raddest place to be on site on tuesday night wuhoooo

2 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Oh and Empire State Bastard is Simon Neil from biffy clyro and dave lombardo from Slayer's side project as well.  So that is going to be big. 

Also Mike Vennart of Oceansize seems to writing the music for this so I'm hoping for something massive. 

2 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Wonder where it's going to be.

they could be one of the mystery b2b(2b)'s on the temple.  I guess it would be easier to control over crowding in the venue but might cause a bit of issues if it draws a load of people to the temple and creates some congestion around that area

16 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Has to be Arcadia for crowd control imo. 

Crowd control has been so poor, verging on dangerous, near Arcadia in recent years that I don't think they could do it there.