Any sign of Pulp yet?

angelin

1 hour ago, Joey Peeps said:

Yeah nailed on. The stage less so though. Still think Other headliner, particularly with the emerging distinctly pop feel of the Pyramid top billing. 

But Pulp are pop - I’m selfishly hoping for not a Sunday Sub on Pyramid as that’s usually one of my volunteering shifts (though could all change in 2024)

4 minutes ago, Another eforum account said:

But Pulp are pop - I’m selfishly hoping for not a Sunday Sub on Pyramid as that’s usually one of my volunteering shifts (though could all change in 2024)

I don't think Pulp will be Sunday. They might be 'pop' but they aren't pop as in the likes of Dua Lipa. They are recognized as a rock band.

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

f**k pulp thier overrated IMO 

Funny kid's down voting 🤣 they've less than 600 post's between them lol try to get to know your fellow effesters....this place has been changed.

.but hey pulp are overrated but for some reason every year people want them to play..hey it's a strange world.. especially today i hope you 2 pr0pane and hellfish old son's got tickets..

• Downvote 3

• 3 months later...

Completely out the blue comment but saw Pulp twice last year absolutely amazing. 

Only song in their set I did not know was "Like A Friend" an old b-side from hard core era made it into both sets

Been obsessed with that song ever since it's one of their best. How did it not make the cut for the album when it was released is a mystery 

5 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Completely out the blue comment but saw Pulp twice last year absolutely amazing. 

Only song in their set I did not know was "Like A Friend" an old b-side from hard core era made it into both sets

Been obsessed with that song ever since it's one of their best. How did it not make the cut for the album when it was released is a mystery 

I wonder if they played it because they hope to release an album of B sides, rarities, obscure tracks etc, It would bean easy way too make some money if there is no plan to make new music.

On 2/22/2024 at 9:00 PM, Alan_C said:

There's no way Pulp aren't playing, surely? 

This is exactly what everyone said last year

Really hope they do, they'd be my top act on the lineup probably

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/23/2024 at 1:18 PM, Dales said:

I wonder if they played it because they hope to release an album of B sides, rarities, obscure tracks etc, It would bean easy way too make some money if there is no plan to make new music.

It was a nod to it being the anniversary of This Is Hardcore, nothing more than that

• Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 10:58 AM, gfa said:

This is exactly what everyone said last year

Really hope they do, they'd be my top act on the lineup probably

Tbf they're yet to announce anything for the UK, which you imagine is still their core market despite doing it extensively last year.

I imagine a show or two might be pencilled in. Maybe.

9 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

It was a nod to it being the anniversary of This Is Hardcore, nothing more than that

I noted they initially played Dishes then dumped it after only 2 goes, while Glory Days also made a few appearances. Both presumably a part of TIH anniversary celebrations.