Any sign of Pulp yet?

angelin

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Difficult to truly know imo. I don't think AM/Elton level, but still would be a big draw judging by selling out the shows they have put on.

I don't actually think Pulp would expect to headline. Almost certainly though, they haven't skipped a secret set this year just to do a secret set next year. I think it's going to be similar to Jack White back some years ago where he subbed as an exclusive by virtue. Victorious being only 2 hours away and a festival that doesn't sell out quick may not want 3 months of a large amount of potential ticket sales affecting their booking.

Was at Finsbury Park, my first time seeing them since Reading 2000 and they were outstanding. Absolutely loved it. Only downside was the long queues at the bar, missed Do You Remember The First Time and Babies whilst waiting for a 'quick' pint. Therefore, I managed to grab two tickets for Hammersmith on the Saturday instead as those two are two of my favourites. Should be amazing in such a small venue with the light show etc.

4 hours ago, theglastokid said:

Was at Finsbury Park, my first time seeing them since Reading 2000 and they were outstanding. Absolutely loved it. Only downside was the long queues at the bar, missed Do You Remember The First Time and Babies whilst waiting for a 'quick' pint. Therefore, I managed to grab two tickets for Hammersmith on the Saturday instead as those two are two of my favourites. Should be amazing in such a small venue with the light show etc.

Unlikely to here those two though on an album show 

22 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Given how quickly they sold out Finsbury and various other dates in a couple of hours I'd say they're pretty popular still.

If The Cure can headline then Pulp can.

See also Arcade Fire. 

2 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Would be something if this is the first we heard of Pulp releasing a surprise new album. Only been 22 years since We Love Life.

Unfortunately I don't think one is coming, ever.

Even the new song they debuted the other night was one that Jarvis had written for a film soundtrack a few years ago rather than something created with Pulp in mind.

37 minutes ago, incident said:

Unfortunately I don't think one is coming, ever.

Even the new song they debuted the other night was one that Jarvis had written for a film soundtrack a few years ago rather than something created with Pulp in mind.

As in the last song on this setlist? Pulp Concert Setlist at Utilita Arena Sheffield, Sheffield on July 15, 2023 | setlist.fm

33 minutes ago, charlierc said:

That is quite the bold gambit to do your own song as the last piece, even after playing CP. And even moreso given that I'd noted on a YouTube page that it's a good 5-6 minutes long, so bit of a long goodbye.

Candida played it with him so it wasn’t a complete solo effort. It really worked and felt like a proper moment. 

Edited by sadimmock

3 hours ago, VCK said:

I said it previously, give Pulp that Pyramid headline slot and they would absolutely knock it out of the park.

They would. I'm sure they wouldn't get a huge crowd of hip young people, but it'd be respectable enough. Their current show though is tremendous and I would love to see it at Glasto. And forget about Other Stage nonsense, get 'em headlining the Pyramid.

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

They would. I'm sure they wouldn't get a huge crowd of hip young people, but it'd be respectable enough. Their current show though is tremendous and I would love to see it at Glasto. And forget about Other Stage nonsense, get 'em headlining the Pyramid.

I dunno, my sister in law was a hip young thing in 2011 and had heard that Pulp was worth seeing, she loved it!  

Also similar for The Cure last time, we stood with a bunch of teens, they loved it, knew enough to have fun. 

On 7/22/2023 at 8:02 PM, bexj said:

I dunno, my sister in law was a hip young thing in 2011 and had heard that Pulp was worth seeing, she loved it!  

Also similar for The Cure last time, we stood with a bunch of teens, they loved it, knew enough to have fun. 

But "hip young things" in 2011 aren't the same as what they are in 2023. They liked The Vaccines back then!

Maybe have Pulp do a duet with Dua Lipa or Yungblud or whoever and get them trending on TikTok, that'll get the youngens' attention.

Edited by VCK

On 7/19/2023 at 1:45 PM, northernangel said:

I don't actually think Pulp would expect to headline. Almost certainly though, they haven't skipped a secret set this year just to do a secret set next year. I think it's going to be similar to Jack White back some years ago where he subbed as an exclusive by virtue. Victorious being only 2 hours away and a festival that doesn't sell out quick may not want 3 months of a large amount of potential ticket sales affecting their booking.

Is that a Pulp for Victorious 24 rumour you’re starting? Can’t see it but would be awesome. I think they’re more likely to round off this run with a Glastonbury performance.

14 hours ago, VCK said:

But "hip young things" in 2011 aren't the same as what they are in 2023. They liked The Vaccines back then!

Maybe have Pulp do a duet with Dua Lipa or Yungblud or whoever and get them trending on TikTok, that'll get the youngens' attention.

My niece is 15 and going to Pulp is one of the few cool choices I have ever made according to her. This year at Glastonbury I made all the wrong choices but going to see Pulp in Warrington that was actually really cool.

3 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Is that a Pulp for Victorious 24 rumour you’re starting? Can’t see it but would be awesome. I think they’re more likely to round off this run with a Glastonbury performance.

Haha definitely not. Me too. As I said before, Victorious is a long time selling festival. For a festival 2 hours away, anyway that got Glastonbury tickets I think would affect their sales. Even this year Pulp did events that did not sell out quick at certain festivals, which is fine with multiple in the same boat.