Any sign of Pulp yet?

angelin

Joyous celebration of a gig! 

Great production, love the screen use, the strings, all really added to the songs.

Might have liked a bit more off His n Hers, but then decades of material means there's so much to draw from, and the set list did work brilliantly anyway.

Came away beaming. 🙂

I have a spare ticket for the Broughton Lane (Car Park B) at Sheffield Arena on Saturday night if anyone can make use of it? Happy to part with it for the price of Sheffield Pint (not arena prices) or a small charity donation. 

Drop me a message if anyone can make use for it - seems a shame to waste it!

5 hours ago, Another eforum account said:

Also at Cardiff, what a fantastic gig. Great sized venue too. Though I’ve knackered my calf muscle trying to pogo (lesson to self ~ with age comes self care & maybe the need to limber up beforehand!)

The sound quality was a f**king disgrace. I'm absolutely gutted as they were incredible, what I could make out of it.

Just back from Sheffield. Superb gig - Hawley was a sublime support and Pulp were brilliant. I’m so impressed that Jarvis just still has ‘it’.

Dont know if I want them going on with a revival gig forever , but Jarvis would have the Pyramid/Other stage eating out of his hand … they’d smash a headline slot.

Just got in from Sheffield. 'Phenomenal' is the word, I think. I have waited so many years to see them, and the wait was worth it. Jarvis owned the stage and made it his domain. Hard to name a standout track because they were all performed so amazingly, but I did like the "rave set piece" of Sorted for E's & Wizz, complete with strobe lightning, lasers, smoke and their orchestra clad in bucket hats and blowing whistles and waving those clacker things! It went beyond a gig at times, and was very theatrical.

On the evidence of that supposed new song and how Jarvis said "see you next time" at the end, I have a strong feeling this tour wasn't "the encore", but they will be around for sometime yet. Long may this wonderful band continue.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2