Any sign of Pulp yet?

angelin

4 minutes ago, rwoo said:

Surely Pulp have to be there somewhere else?!

Nah, I think they’re making a conscious effort to not have a repeat of the overcrowding issues of previous years after getting a bollocking and are gonna keep the Woodsies and Park TBA acts at a reasonable size, and probably announce them properly prior to them performing. Pulp just seem too big for that, and have already done it so seems unlikely they’d want to repeat it. Think next year + some other EU festival dates seems the most likely considering they aren’t leaving the U.K. on this go around.

3 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

so what about the 'see you somewhere in a field in somerset' tweet? I'd still put money on them being one of the TBAs tbh. I think a lot of people in here are romanticising how big they are. 

Nah Pulp are big especially with people who go to Glastonbury. They'd close down the Woodsies stage completely and the pathways into it. 

5 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

which is fine, because it's feasible to close that field. Put them up against the foo fighters or lizzo then it won't be an overcrowding issue

Hey, I'd love if Glastonbury could get both. Really shows what the festival is about. I'd love it for people to go see them but I'm not missing Foo's for them unfortunately, I'd miss Lizzo though.  

I don't have too much hope left. But I wonder why they don't straight up tell that they won't play, if they won't play. Like Nick Banks fairly quickly responded to The Churnups rumours. Why not one little reaction to all the Glasto rumours? And why the cryptic stuff like the "somewhere in a field in somerset" and "for now" etc...

5 minutes ago, D-Low said:

I wish the festival would just scrap TBA's altogether and just announce a full line up. All this toying back and forth with speculation isn't much fun any more

It definitely is. This was the most excited I’ve seen this forum be about the lineup as a whole this year. If you’re firmly team Pulp then yeah, it’s a bit of a shitter that you ‘lost out’, but for most people the speculation has been fun and the reveal is fantastic. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I feel like if they haven't got Pulp at all this year, maybe that's a decision by the band? Wanting (and willing to wait for) a more preferable slot in 2024? Otherwise, Glastonbury would have got them this year, right? Would be a huge miss not to get them on what is likely to be their final run

Yeah I would also think it is a decision by the band. But I think if Pulp wanted they would at least had got a Pyramid sub or Other headliner slot. So the only "more preferable" slot would be headlining the Pyramid, but cannot see them get that one next year. Two female headliners. And the other one left would be Depeche Mode, or 1975 or Blur or so much more

9 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

There’s no where else Pulp can realistically play. If they’re not the ChurnUps then they aren’t playing.

Explain why they couldn't do a woodsies or park tba? I get that GF have had a slap on the wrists about overcrowding but that's not enough for me to completely discount it and probably just pushes them towards woodsies instead of the park. The only other thing is we have concrete info they are someone else but I haven't seen that?

JP or Park TBA slots. Clashing with Lewis Capaldi/Maneskin respectively and perfect choices for an alternative for the festival. Personally I'd the the JP because they've done the park before...but so had Jack White and Jarvis is a regularly on his Jarv...Is in the park area.

DMAs doing a slot too plus, Hozier apparently and Blossoms with Rick Astley which is pointless. 

4 minutes ago, northernangel said:

JP or Park TBA slots. Clashing with Lewis Capaldi/Maneskin respectively and perfect choices for an alternative for the festival. Personally I'd the the JP because they've done the park before...but so had Jack White and Jarvis is a regularly on his Jarv...Is in the park area.

DMAs doing a slot too plus, Hozier apparently and Blossoms with Rick Astley which is pointless. 

Blossoms/Rick Astley Woodsies Friday, Hozier Woodsies Saturday, The Pretenders Park Saturday, DMAs litter picking Monday morning. 

1 hour ago, jow95 said:

Explain why they couldn't do a woodsies or park tba? I get that GF have had a slap on the wrists about overcrowding but that's not enough for me to completely discount it and probably just pushes them towards woodsies instead of the park. The only other thing is we have concrete info they are someone else but I haven't seen that?

It’s enough for me. I don’t see Glasto pushing an act that could create that scenario again.