Site Changes 2023

Crazyfool01

Just regarding the idea of making the tent at Williams Green bigger -

A bigger tent needs a bigger sound system, and (with regard to Thursday especially) that's going to be the obstacle. Whatever they do on Thursday needs to fit within the allowed off-site noise limits - even if it would fit, putting something half the size of the JP tent there would likely impact too much on the village.

11 hours ago, gazzared said:

they got rid of the bar in the woods last year, so if they are cost cutting even more then I cant see them adding stuff back 😞

edit - I think I read somewhere here that Cinemarmaggeddon has already been confirmed as binned.

They might have gotten rid of the bar as a preemption maybe? I don't know why they'd get rid of that one year only to bring it back either tho, but maybe with the name change they've got a big overhaul in mind.

With Woodsies and the Wood right there, and the white area at the back of the JP Tent on the 2022 map (I can't for the life of me remember what that white area is used for?!), that area would be even bigger than the Park area, albeit without the hill for ppl to sit on. 

Theu could easily jig that area around a bit and create a new Park-esque area. It'd potentially be something for the Wed/Thur problem and go up against the SE corner. If they put a silent disco in Woodsies post midnight, could be decent at holding a good few thousand during the night time.

Part of the problem with JP was that it was seen (certainly by me) as somewhere to go watch a band and immediately leave afterwards. If they can create a Park type area out of it then it’ll do so much better. A silent disco there is a good shout. They just need to make it worthwhile for people to trek all the way over there in big enough numbers to spread the crowds out.

3 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Part of the problem with JP was that it was seen (certainly by me) as somewhere to go watch a band and immediately leave afterwards. If they can create a Park type area out of it then it’ll do so much better. A silent disco there is a good shout. They just need to make it worthwhile for people to trek all the way over there in big enough numbers to spread the crowds out.

It could definitely do with a full revamp.

I think I’ve seen 3-4 bands there in 8 festivals, just never worth the trek for 1 band/acts. 

Needs to be a full area with bars and “stuff”.

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Has there been an announcement confirming that? I thought it was still just an educated guess at this point.

It wouldn't surprise me though if it did creep off into the great scrapyard in the sky.

No announcement but I’m confident it no longer exists …. Some of the cars will be used in a feature at Williams green . See opening post of this thread 

9 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Don’t know the reasons but silent discos have vanished the last few festivals . 

8 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Read the replies on Twitter. An April's fool.

8 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Good grief. April 1st. (OK it took me in for a moment).

Oh blimey I’d had some drinkies last night and totally forgot about the April fools! 😂😂

Just now, Fingerbobs said:

With the demise of Cineramageddon does that leave a big screen looking for a new home? Or was it a hire for the weekend in which case a little saving for the festival.

It was a hire. Fixed to a truck!

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Don’t know the reasons but silent discos have vanished the last few festivals . 

Weird that. They always seemed really popular and an easy way to get around the noise restrictions. Another cost issue I guess.

No announcement but I’m confident it no longer exists …. Some of the cars will be used in a feature at Williams green . See opening post of this thread 

I getcha.

So, there could be a new installation at WG? That seems slightly counterproductive to drawing people away from that area on the Thurs by adding MORE stuff there. Unless they're doing a switcheroo on us and putting live music on where Cinemaarmaggeddon used to be?

3 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I getcha.

So, there could be a new installation at WG? That seems slightly counterproductive to drawing people away from that area on the Thurs by adding MORE stuff there. Unless they're doing a switcheroo on us and putting live music on where Cinemaarmaggeddon used to be?

Williams green in its current format as in the current tent is gone … we don’t know the exact replacement or wether there will be a stage there currently but we do know there will be some of the cars there . As for overcrowding there we can’t quite figure what the result of the changes might be …. Obviously these people would go somewhere else that had music so potentially congestion might just move elsewhere . Like baggy Mondays which was also madly busy in the park 

Park also lost theirs didn’t they ? Was also one in cinemacarmageddon that we know now won’t happen this year 

Don’t know only ever went to the one in Silver Hayes. Was a fantastic night for our crowd normally and was upset it wasn’t there last year.

Think it impacted the site hugely on the Thursday night last year.

50 minutes ago, JudgeGrumpy said:

Proof that whatever they do there will always be some folk who are up for it. 

I’d had a few drinks and I thought it would be interesting from a photography perspective. Carry on being grumpy 🙄