Who's Playing Where '23

mike46

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

My guess would be opening on the Other, Friday.

Manics into Royal Blood into AM seems a bit too guitarry for modern Glasto running orders.

Manics into Royal Blood into AM seems a bit too guitarry, FULL STOP

3 hours ago, JRhys29 said:

Interesting - if Thundercat is headlining then I wonder how the other supposed Park headliners will fit in. The Fatboy Slim and Fever Ray info is fairly solid, meaning the Manics must be elsewhere?

This is great news! No AM clash Friday evening now. 

39 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Manics not opening Other on the Friday?

Second down against Lizzo perhaps then. Not sure on their size these days, but reckon they could still draw a crowd.

They were third down Other in 2014 and I’d say they’ve fallen off a little since, or at least haven’t gotten any bigger, so third/fourth down Other I reckon.

• Upvote 1

Can I check where people are getting the info on Christine and the Queens playing headlining Woodsies on the Saturday? 

I was convinced they’re headlining the Sunday clashing with Elton. Me and the mrs are seeing Elton in Glasgow the week prior, so we’re considering C&TQ as an alternative, but I see people on here seem to think they’re playing Saturday? 

21 minutes ago, LastWaltz said:

Can I check where people are getting the info on Christine and the Queens playing headlining Woodsies on the Saturday? 

I was convinced they’re headlining the Sunday clashing with Elton. Me and the mrs are seeing Elton in Glasgow the week prior, so we’re considering C&TQ as an alternative, but I see people on here seem to think they’re playing Saturday? 

We originally had info they were gonna be on the Sunday but I believe they confirmed themselves for the Saturday in an interview and/or article. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

We originally had info they were gonna be on the Sunday but I believe they confirmed themselves for the Saturday in an interview and/or article. 

Ah, thanks! 

Just checked C&TQ’s website and they’ve got it listed as they’re playing Sunday.

Will probably end up seeing Elton anyway, but always good to have an alternative lined up!

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Their own tour dates show Saturday and their website Sunday I believe

However we know they’re not Sunday due to other info on who is headlining 

Edited by sisco

9 minutes ago, sisco said:

Their own tour dates show Saturday and their website Sunday I believe

However we know they’re not Sunday due to other info on who is headlining 

I knew there would have been more info that I missed. 

From the original line up I had it in my head that I’d be seeing:

Friday - Park - Fever Ray

Saturday - Other - Lana 

Sunday - Pyramid - Elton 

Seems to be playing out that way.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Plus phoenix seem likely for the sunday

Headlining? Haven’t they played that slot before? Was hoping for a daytime appearance somewhere. There’s always been someone better when they’ve played and being up against Reg ain’t changing that!

7 hours ago, Badlands said:

Headlining? Haven’t they played that slot before? Was hoping for a daytime appearance somewhere. There’s always been someone better when they’ve played and being up against Reg ain’t changing that!

they headlined the JP stage on the Saturday night when they last appeared. 2017 I think. Ideally would like to see them and Elton, but fear it will be a clash.

27 minutes ago, JMB01 said:

Manics to headline Woodsies maybe ?

or do we think we already have our headliners sorted there ?

Can’t see this. Dont think they’re big enough anymore. Current info on woodsies headliners are hot chip, christine & queens, Phoenix (not 100% certain but pretty likely)

I reckon manics will be daytime / very early evening other fodder. Or if woodsies, not headlining / sub. Think they were booked in 2020 to headline park and theyre certainly not any bigger now than then. We have our park headliners (fever ray, norman, thundercat) so its the rough equivalent of a park headline set elsewhere. Or theyre subbing park.

Edited by Memory Man