Line Up Announced

CaledonianGonzo

Worst line up in all the years I’ve been going since 2013 for me, really only Reg I’m interested in seeing/haven’t seen before. Still going to go and have the best time plus more to come but can’t help feeling a bit disappointed as there is normally one surprise on the first poster I’m super excited about.

Also Pulp and the prodigy being added later (if true) turns it into a much much better line up for me 

Just now, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Was hoping the extra £55 would equate to the lineup not being painfully average like most other festivals this year…

Not really how this all works though - they can only book who’s touring/playing the other festivals, not pull stuff out their arses.

3 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

I think compared to last poster drop there’s a lot less names. A lot more to be announced.

Yes. 54 names here.

Last year it was 89.

So, if you added 34 names, there's a good chance in that list there'd be enough there to lift this from 'a little disappointing' to 'Yeah, that's gonna be a great weekend.'

The GNR BS besides, I wonder whom all the moaners think should be on the bill who aren't - and that should be constrained by acts who are active this summer....

• Upvote 1

I'm going to be honest - for me its an under-whelming line-up and quite weak. I think we were spoilt last year. It might come into its own when we get more info on stages and times down the line and I might need to take a chance on some stuff. I know that it's not all about the bands/line-ups but I think I wanted to recreate that amazing feeling of really looking forward to seeing people and the buzz of it being amazing (Bicep/Bonobo) last year. This line-up will hopefully be a grower and I'll look forward to seeing who's on West Holts and The Park as that's mainly where I wanted to be this year. 

PS. I won't be putting my ticket back into the pot. 

PPS. Amazed that Self Esteem aren't on there - surely to be announced. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Elton, Lizzo, Blondie, Carly Rae, Chvrches, Fatboy Slim, Fever Ray, Fred Again, Kelis, Lana, Leftfield, Loyle, Manic Street Preachers, Nova Twins, Phoenix, Rina Sawayama, Slowthai, Sudan Archives, Texas, The Chicks, The War on Drugs, Thundercat, Warpaint, Weyes Blood, Young Fathers.

I'm stoked. Not sure I understand the negativity but different strokes for different folks. 

Same same. I've got

Guns N’ Roses, Elton John, Lizzo, Alison Goldfrapp, Becky Hill, Blondie, Candi Staton, Carly Rae Jepsen, Christine and the Queens, Chvrches, Flo, Kelis, Lana Del Rey, Lil Nas X, Loyle Carner, Maggie Rogers, Mahalia, Måneskin, Manic Street Preachers, Nova Twins, Raye, Rina Sawayama, Shygirl, Slowthai, Sparks, Sudan Archives, Texas, The War on Drugs, Warpaint, Young Fathers

Seen about 14 of them before though. Mel C and Beth Orton also confirmed. Then there's all the small bands that don't make the poster.

Acts I'm excited for:

Elton, Lizzo, Candi Staton, Lana Del Rey, The War on Drugs, Thundercat, Weyes Blood, Cat Stevens

Even if it is a bit thin, Lana makes up for it all. I would pay the ticket cost just to see her at this point so no complaints form me, though I understand why others might be disappointed.