Glasto Hacks

Bike_Like_A_Mum

11 hours ago, donthaveacoolname said:

I've always been a fan of the box of wine but found drinking wine all day a bit have in the taste buds, then I discovered red wine and cola, mix 50/50 with a nice cold cola of choice and you have a lovely cold refreshing (if wierd sounding) drink. 

The rugby club has ice cold cans for cheaper than pretty much anywhere else on site.

• Thanks 1

Thirded on Kalimotxo! It's basically a cheap sangria from the Basque Country. I drunk it like it was juice when I lived in Spain, the coke really takes the edge off the wine, although I'd probably only do 1/3 coke to 2/3 red wine, perhaps with a twist of lemon in a camel bag. If you can get your hands on a few ice cubes from the bar to chuck in as well you've got a fantastic festival drink.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Skip997 said:

A few folks have messaged me to ask for my secret to avoiding hangovers, as if I've discovered some magical new method.

Thankfully this is not the case. The only way IMO to avoid hangovers is to abstain from alcohol, which I've done for many years (lost count) and not just at Glastonbury.

The part of my routine which I omitted due to previous negative reactions is that I take a small amount of MDMA.

Somebody call the police! 

Did you really get negative reactions for this revelation? 🙂 

On 3/2/2023 at 12:15 PM, BambooShanks said:

If you're a drinker always, and I mean, always have vodka and Kahlua on your person at all times.  Walk past a milk stand? it's white russian time.  Somewhere sells cold coffee? boy you just got yourself an espresso martini. It's a genuine lifesaver.

on the flipside of this, if, like me, you can't drink vodka ( i get too emotional on it so really try to avoid it, and also it mixes really badly with some "medicines" as well personally) but you love an espresso martini, i highly recommend switching it with Jameson's caskmates stout edition  https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/31012/jameson-caskmates-stout-edition it makes for a phenomenal espresso martini 

• Upvote 1

Rum is also a bangin' alternative to Voddy in an Espresso Martini.

Discarded Banana Rum from Sainsburys (other supermarkets are available) is a great rum to use. Any dark or spiced rum really mixes well in an Espresso Martini.

Although technically NOT a Martini, they're nicer than Vodka. I don't mind Vodka Espresso Martini's but I won't make anything other than rum ones at home. Might have to try the Jameson Caskmates now you've said it!

1 hour ago, Obiginnaw said:

on the flipside of this, if, like me, you can't drink vodka ( i get too emotional on it so really try to avoid it, and also it mixes really badly with some "medicines" as well personally) but you love an espresso martini, i highly recommend switching it with Jameson's caskmates stout edition  https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/31012/jameson-caskmates-stout-edition it makes for a phenomenal espresso martini 

Edited by mungo57

4 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

Rum is also a bangin' alternative to Voddy in an Espresso Martini.

Discarded Banana Rum from Sainsburys (other supermarkets are available) is a great rum to use. Any dark or spiced rum really mixes well in an Espresso Martini.

Although technically NOT a Martini, they're nicer than Vodka. I don't mind Vodka Espresso Martini's but I won't make anything other than rum ones at home. Might have to try the Jameson Caskmates now you've said it!

yeah 100% this! i work in a bar and one of our cocktails is a banana espresso martini with Discarded banana rum! i personally prefer it as a winter drink but it's a cracking alternative

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

yeah 100% this! i work in a bar and one of our cocktails is a banana espresso martini with Discarded banana rum! i personally prefer it as a winter drink but it's a cracking alternative

I came up with that myself after being gifted a bottle of Discarded for Christmas - glad I'm not the only one who likes that combo!

I can see where you're coming from with winter too. 

3 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

it mixes really badly with some "medicines" as well personally

A massively left field one, but down the years I have discovered that pretty much the only thing I can continue drinking in such "scenarios" is, of all things, Pimms!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

So here's my advice for drinkers.

Drink Gin and Tonic, at least that way you're drinking water along with the alcohol.

This is what I used to do.

I like a Vodka soda and lime for the same reasons! Never wake up with a hangover on vodka sodas 

8 hours ago, waltere said:

A massively left field one, but down the years I have discovered that pretty much the only thing I can continue drinking in such "scenarios" is, of all things, Pimms!

i am absolutely here for the pimms, big fan of it with the cheap Barr cherryade as well, might have to decant a bottle for this year now you've said that ! 

22 minutes ago, Evilmonkeydan said:

Shoe lace or cord to loop through your toilet roll. Then when you grab it from your bag you can wear it like a necklace, Flavorflav pose then hands free roll while you visit the longdrop.

Take individual packets of tissues from the pound shop - waterproof and significantly smaller than a toilet roll