Thread Again

CaledonianGonzo

3 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Absolutely incredible!!! Fred was great, but the crowd, you f**kers take a bow!!! Easily one of the best sets I’ve been to.

If you were stood anywhere near me (photo below) thank you for making it so special… Each and every person around me was up for it in a way I rarely ever witness!!! 

6DBEF253-AD9F-4601-8A5A-D0B39B3099EC.thumb.jpeg.6c00132bb5689cc556202af0a2fe77fe.jpeg

I am about 6 foot to the left of the Brazilian flag 👍

1 minute ago, panda97 said:

That's 40k ish tickets shifted in that case, I know there will be people that go to multiples but he legit might be doing a stadium next time around

The step up from here would be the O2.

He’s big, but he’s not in the same ball park as Beyoncé, Coldplay and Harry Styles. 

3 hours ago, tigger123 said:

They shut it off at 22:30 as far as I know with their set starting at midnight 

It was like 12:45 when they came on and I think a few people had left by then assuming it was cancelled. Was a bit sad how much it emptied before Haai and I Jordan who were great

Wasn’t too desperate to get tix yesterday, was looking for 4 but I’ve already seen him 3 times this year so not devastated to miss out. Do think the bots had a field day with it

he posted they are doing everything they can to stop touts. I don’t think this is true. Look at the cure and what they have been doing in USA to combat it, that is an artist who is trying. Technology is there to register tickets to an ID and have the only method of resale through official platforms but very few artists in really care about it as long as they are selling out

Incredible set. I can see why he wanted the sunset slot, it's not a night time bangers and lazers show. The whole thing was so much more emotional than I was expecting.

Would liked to have seen him in the Temple, but absolutely no regrets seeing Fatboy.

55 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

he posted they are doing everything they can to stop touts. I don’t think this is true. 

Gibson says this every time & it's simply not true.

Four Tet had a raffle for tickets at Ally Pally & pretty sure it was limited to 2x. 

Other bands have done shows where your credit card is the ticket, to avoid touts.

Fred, genuinely does as little as possible to avoid his tickets ending up in the hands of re-sellers. He's too addicted to seeing "sold out in 60s" & the amount of hype, frenzy & FOMO he builds in his community. 

I know touts will still get a hand on tickets, one way or another, but at least try to pretend you care about the people who still haven't managed to get to one of your shows.

25 minutes ago, mazola said:

Incredible set. I can see why he wanted the sunset slot, it's not a night time bangers and lazers show. The whole thing was so much more emotional than I was expecting.

Would liked to have seen him in the Temple, but absolutely no regrets seeing Fatboy.

Absolutely. Rewatching the iPlayer set just brought all those feelings flooding back 😍

I really hope someone's recorded Fred and Marea at the Temple and we get to see that!

It was up there as one if the best Glastonbury moments I've ever had, absolutely incredible. Perfect time of day for it, crowd was unreal, and he just really seemed there for it.

After it finished I felt like I was ready to go home, didn't know how anything could top it 😂 (obviously I did stick around - but I still look back on it as the highlight of the week).

5 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

Where’s Marea on the iplayer set? 

48:26 it should be... But they cut it!!! 

Guessing it's 'something' to do with the on shoulders thing. 🤷‍♂️ Shame as it was a proper 'moment!'

Having watched back on Iplayer, gutted I left after 10 minutes. I love his albums, but it just didn’t click with me and I felt there wasn’t much atmosphere. Those I was with felt the same. From iPlayer though, looks like it kicked in top notch from about half way in. Definite regret!

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I watched it a couple of hours back....?

I've watched it twice since I came home, and have a DL of it too, unless it's been added back today, then it's not there, it cuts straight from Clara to Delilah... Marea should have been between the two. 

Gonna go check if it's now back, if it is I need a new download haha. 

(It was left in the live stream, obviously) 

EDIT: It sure is there, thanks for pointing this out... 

Don't suppose anybody can grab a new copy of the set from Iplayer as it is today and share a link?  🙂 

Edited by Alvoram

34 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

48:26 it should be... But they cut it!!! 

Guessing it's 'something' to do with the on shoulders thing. 🤷‍♂️ Shame as it was a proper 'moment!'

Technically it was on iplayer for a moment cause it came up as a redownload as an hour plus set.  Sometimes multiple versions appear on the download queue. 

Edited by Suprefan

10 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Technically it was on iplayer for a moment cause it came up as a redownload as an hour plus set.  Sometimes multiple versions appear on the download queue. 

it's back in the main catch up version now too. 🙂 

On 6/28/2023 at 11:04 AM, BookAngel said:

Absolutely. Rewatching the iPlayer set just brought all those feelings flooding back 😍

I really hope someone's recorded Fred and Marea at the Temple and we get to see that!

Just watched it back. Absolutely sensational

I have about 7 seconds of We Lost Dancing from the Temple but that's it!

Our biggest regret is being in a poor position for this.

We all watched Foos on the left hand side of the stage to ensure a quick exit, but lost a friend on the way. 

She got back in touch, so we waited for her to catch up, but it meant we weren’t in a good spot for Fred. 

Have just watched it back on iplayer and yeah, it was awesome.