2023 line up thread

Guy Incognito

On 3/9/2023 at 11:18 AM, RedRockRick said:

I was thinking Julia Jacklin as Simon EOTR had recently linked to her, but I see she has UK dates 2 months before and 2 months after EOTR...

Does she ?  Can only see a few European festivals. High on my list as family dramas meant I missed last autumn dates and new LP is wonderful

Just catching up on EOTR 2022 acts missed, by watching Apollo Ghosts in Oxford last night. Blame friends for "wanting to get in a good position to watch Khruangbin". AG are a superb band, really tight, and Pink Tiger is a consistently great album throughout. I hope they come back again.

IMG_2758.jpg

Moin were incredible last night. One of the best gigs I've seen for quite a while.

Playing through a fog of dry ice under spotlights they turned in an intense and spellbinding performance. They have to be in the Big Top, it would not work so well in the Tipi.

IMG_20230326_100154_292.jpg

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, benali said:

Moin were incredible last night. One of the best gigs I've seen for quite a while.

Playing through a fog of dry ice under spotlights they turned in an intense and spellbinding performance. They have to be in the Big Top, it would not work so well in the Tipi.

IMG_20230326_100154_292.jpg

Was this the King’s Place gig?  I went to the 6 pm show.  It was amazing wasn’t?  The last song - Knuckle - was incredible with the extended ending and intense strobe lighting. 

I’ve been obsessed with them ever since I saw you recommend them on here a while back - so thank you! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Was this the King’s Place gig?  I went to the 6 pm show.  It was amazing wasn’t?  The last song - Knuckle - was incredible with the extended ending and intense strobe lighting. 

I’ve been obsessed with them ever since I saw you recommend them on here a while back - so thank you! 

Yes we were at the early show too. Knuckle was immense, in fact one of the best live songs I think I've ever seen. I was tempted to try and just hang around in the room to see if I could watch the second show too! Can't wait to see them again.

We went to see Wunderhorse last night and while they were pretty good anything after Saturday would have paled in comparison.

28 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Getting closer?

If they were playing they'd be main headliner. Their London date at Gunnersbury Park has a bigger capacity than Larmer Tree Gardens and two nights in Halifax aren't much smaller combined. Also there's a suspicion they were going to headline Green Man but it fell through for whatever reason.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

If they were playing they'd be main headliner. Their London date at Gunnersbury Park has a bigger capacity than Larmer Tree Gardens and two nights in Halifax aren't much smaller combined. Also there's a suspicion they were going to headline Green Man but it fell through for whatever reason.

So if not Boygenius, we can expect the consolation prizes of Muna and Ethel Cain? Which wouldn't be a bad thing perhaps...

Edited by RedRockRick

1 hour ago, RedRockRick said:

So if not Boygenius, we can expect the consolation prizes of Muna and Ethel Cain? Which wouldn't be a bad thing perhaps...

not expecting any act of this size to be added at this point. Neither Muna or Ethel Cain are especially big ofc but reckon any additions will be v small acts.