Elton John: Will You Be There?

Hutchmaster

Elton John: Will You Be There?  

538 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be at the Pyramid for Elton John's Headline Performance?

• 100%: He's a must see!
    • Very, very likely: would take a lot to sway me away
    • On the fence: Wouldn't mind seeing him, but will assess options on other stages.
    • Unlikely: Might go if my crew goes/nothing else takes my fancy, but not too fussed
    • Not a chance: Will definitely be elsewhere

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

I agree... I think it will be the biggest crowd the Pyramid has handled in the post-fence days.

I believe Dolly Parton currently holds that title, but not sure how much actual data there is vs. anecdotes 

His own crowd may be stemmed a little by early leavers. Or boosted day day-ticketers arriving on Sunday!

Edited by UEF

Just now, Avalon_Fields said:

Does anyone know if the festival does any proper analysis on Pyramid crowd numbers? Or does everyone just make a wild guess?

i guess they have pretty detailed analysis through cctv systems so are able to shut the field off when necessary .... would love to see the figures though 

4 minutes ago, UEF said:

I believe Dolly Parton currently holds that title, but not sure how much actual data there is vs. anecdotes 

His own crowd may be stemmed a little by early leavers. Or boosted day day-ticketers arriving on Sunday!

I wasn't at Dolly, didn't go that year.

How did it compare to Kylie? That's the most rammed I've ever seen that field. 

(Skipped Macca for Roisin Murphy so can't compare that either!)

8 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I wasn't at Dolly, didn't go that year.

How did it compare to Kylie? That's the most rammed I've ever seen that field. 

(Skipped Macca for Roisin Murphy so can't compare that either!)

id say those two were on a Par(ton) .... its always hard to tell once on the ground though 

Obviously excited to see Reg, but the thought of the crowd being as outrageously large as some people are implying does dampen it a touch for me. Not because I'm bad with crowds, more that the thought of being stood halfway to Wells not being able to see a thing doesn't hugely appeal to me. I'm not expecting to just waltz to the barrier for AM, or Lana, but I at least expect to be able to *see* them and feel close enough to be involved, and I don't get that impression with Elton?

Is that reasonable?

11 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

Obviously excited to see Reg, but the thought of the crowd being as outrageously large as some people are implying does dampen it a touch for me. Not because I'm bad with crowds, more that the thought of being stood halfway to Wells not being able to see a thing doesn't hugely appeal to me. I'm not expecting to just waltz to the barrier for AM, or Lana, but I at least expect to be able to *see* them and feel close enough to be involved, and I don't get that impression with Elton?

Is that reasonable?

AM will be busier than what most efesters will lead you to believe.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

Is that reasonable?

Entirely reasonable, just turn up an act or two before

What sort of time do people think you’ll need to get to the Pyramid to get a good spot? By good spot I mean in line with / in front of the middle barrier 

For Rolling Stones we got there for Elvis Costello who was the 3rd act down on at 5pm ish and we got a spot right down towards the front. I reckon if you get there for Cat Stevens and remain there for the rest of the day you’ll be fine? 

17 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

Is that reasonable?

You'll probably get a better view from atop the Mendip Hills!

Just now, DL50 said:

What sort of time do people think you’ll need to get to the Pyramid to get a good spot? By good spot I mean in line with / in front of the middle barrier 

For Rolling Stones we got there for Elvis Costello who was the 3rd act down on at 5pm ish and we got a spot right down towards the front. I reckon if you get there for Cat Stevens and remain there for the rest of the day you’ll be fine? 

You'll easily be fine. Much depends on whether the subs attract a similar crowd to Elton, you'll be likely to move forward at the end of each act and be in a good spot for him. 

4 minutes ago, DL50 said:

Sneak in from the side.  Tbf there’s always space to edge forwards 

10 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

You'll easily be fine. Much depends on whether the subs attract a similar crowd to Elton, you'll be likely to move forward at the end of each act and be in a good spot for him. 

Fair. Lil Nas X crowd will be interesting because it will be full of people waiting for Elton but surely nobody over the age of 40 is gonna really know him? I like him and think he’ll put on a good show but I feel like the vibe in the crowd might be a bit weird. Kinda like Primal Scream before the Stones, that was awkward AF 

16 minutes ago, DL50 said:

During subs will be fine … I was pretty much on the barrier for macca and was just outside barrier for sub 

2 minutes ago, Kizzie said:

You're sooooo transparent 😅🤣😂

Oh god here we go. 

I don’t know why he’s started quoting me again with his better in the old days crap.

If you're in the middle of a big crowd it really doesn't make much difference if its 90,000 people or 100,000 people. And there isn't really much way of telling what size a crowd is once you're in it.

Beyonce was also huge btw. But everyone knows that the one and only ginormo-crowd showed up for Craig David. 

12 minutes ago, stuie said:

Do you still have your medal? 

forever, cos no one can take the experience away, tho back in those days glastonbury go-ers were nicer people.

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

forever, cos no one can take the experience away, tho back in those days glastonbury go-ers were nicer people.

You're sooooo transparent 😅🤣😂