Stadium Ticket Pricing

stanh

21 hours ago, Dark Star said:

The original plan for the tour was 1 night at the Etihad Co-op and 2 nights at the Greenwich o2. 
Some perspective on those cheapest tickets at the back row of the Co-op.... The Eagles, the greatest lovers of money since money was invented, only charged £75 (£87.08 with fees) - info from See Tickets. 

Exactly. Pearl Jam pricing in Manchester is astoundingly poor.

4 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Ticket prices for Kings of Leon: See Tickets - Kings Of Leon Tickets | Saturday, 22 Jun 2024 at 6:00 PM

I don't know if this is more or less than I expected. I also saw ticket prices for the BST HP show here: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Maybe it's just the nature of the beast with it now.

They want £170 or so for golden circle at Hyde Park... I hope all of London's pigeons take roost in the roof before. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

And people think a Glasto ticket is expensive?! 

I am f**king astounded tbf that this is what they wanted. Even the cheapest available now is over £110 (though I believe BST HP now does tiers of tickets and some had been available for a lower price).

On 2/23/2024 at 11:49 AM, fraybentos1 said:

Aw yeah for sure, I missed this about Pearl Jam. I also saw the Killers charging over 100 at the Hydro doing 3 night. That's more than their stadium tout 2 years ago lol and way more than their last arena tour. That's a joke. 

Today is exactly 15 years since my first ever gig, which was The Killers at the Birmingham NEC, and a note says tickets were less than £40.

What price that now barely even buys a t-shirt?

31 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Today is exactly 15 years since my first ever gig, which was The Killers at the Birmingham NEC, and a note says tickets were less than £40.

they've at least doubled since then. although so has minimum wage in that time

16 hours ago, charlierc said:

Ticket prices for Kings of Leon: See Tickets - Kings Of Leon Tickets | Saturday, 22 Jun 2024 at 6:00 PM

I don't know if this is more or less than I expected. I also saw ticket prices for the BST HP show here: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Maybe it's just the nature of the beast with it now.

Since when has paying more for aisle seats been a thing?!

15 hours ago, charlierc said:

20 years this week since the Killers’ first headline gig in Birmingham. £12.50 advance in the Academy 2

4 minutes ago, Drinky said:

20 years this week since the Killers’ first headline gig in Birmingham. £12.50 advance in the Academy 2

first time i saw Napalm Death live the ticket cost £7.50

for their upcoming shows the FEES alone come to £7.85

Just got Justin Timberlake tickets for the wife at the O2. £150 for level 1 tier seating!! 
The VIP (basically a small 2nd stage with a stall to sit on) between £500 & £1000! 
So that or 3 glasto tickets!!! 

4 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Those recent fees seem to be a bargain compared to the bigger operators tbh. 

yeah, but FV is £28 so you are paying another 28% on top in fees... 

(based on Liverpool show - london appears to be sold out and i cant find exact number for FV + fees)

7 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

yeah, but FV is £28 so you are paying another 28% on top in fees... 

(based on Liverpool show - london appears to be sold out and i cant find exact number for FV + fees)

London was £42.33 all in on Dice. See had tickets at £35 (face) plus fees of £3.80... no doubt a transaction fee for the tix too.

I briefly worked in a Ticketmaster callcentre in 2003 and people used to go beserk about booking fees which were usually about 10% of a ticket price then. Now they're more like 20% and there's not usually postage costs coming out of that neither.

Also until fairly recently you could buy tickets for face-value at box offices.

7 hours ago, duke88 said:

Since when has paying more for aisle seats been a thing?!

This was something I first noted for Muse's London O2 shows last October, but I'm presuming this has been a thing for a little longer. I also noted that at that show, you could only buy them in pairs.

7 hours ago, Drinky said:

We're a long way from those days indeed. Although in saying that, I assumed The Killers would be a more expensive proposition to see now by default. Hell I paid more than £25 to see The Japanese House at a similar size venue in Oxford last October.

I guess as someone who is uncomfortable paying over £85 for a gig and doesn't want to spend more than £100, it certainly is a sign my options are starting to become depleted. At least at the big stadium/arena level, anyway. Maybe an option is to belatedly see more at my local sweatboxes.

Edited by charlierc

I've got pearl jam Tix for Barcelona and people who know me know how much I love my pj bug f**k it's taking them piss at 140per Tix..

Bad pj

Can't wait to see you 😍 😂

On 2/14/2024 at 10:20 AM, maelzoid said:

image.thumb.jpeg.08df99c1ac2864dfb97e7657c351f8c3.jpeg

Remember this from last summer. Def Leppard and Motley Crue at Wembley. This is what happens when you price out your own fans. 
i hoped scenes like this would have triggered a rethink by the industry, but it seems they're doubling down. 

Sorry to bring it back to this, but this was during Motley Crue's set, it did get busier in the "cheap seats" for Def Leppard.  We booked our tickets literally days before after deliberating for months as the whether we should pay 130 quid for a seat just a little bit lower down from this photo. Interestingly, when we booked on the Wembley site and looked at the availability I would say there was no more than about 2000 seats shown as being available to book in all areas. So, I think the touts may have taken a battering.

Also, making the pitch all seated was an absolute disaster and it backfired massively in terms of atmosphere. I think the bookers also banked on being able to add more seating once the front bit had sold out to the die hards/those with more money than sense. 

The biggest issue for me was the repeater speakers weren't even on! So those of us in the cheap seats only got the sound from the PA at the front of the stage. You can imagine how horrendous that sound was echoing around a half empty stadium, which is renowned for being crap for sound at the best of times. Not turning on the full PA was a slap in the face for everyone not sitting in the 300 quid seats on the pitch, who had also paid through the nose to be there. 

On 2/28/2024 at 5:08 PM, charlierc said:

We're a long way from those days indeed. Although in saying that, I assumed The Killers would be a more expensive proposition to see now by default. Hell I paid more than £25 to see The Japanese House at a similar size venue in Oxford last October.

I guess as someone who is uncomfortable paying over £85 for a gig and doesn't want to spend more than £100, it certainly is a sign my options are starting to become depleted. At least at the big stadium/arena level, anyway. Maybe an option is to belatedly see more at my local sweatboxes.

This is my approach.  Smaller venues up to Academy sized and you're usually £50 max incl. fees.  Smaller venues have better atmosphere IMO anyway and I've discovered some great bands/artists this way by taking a punt on a £15-£20 ticket for an act I don't know, but in a local venue I like.

On 2/14/2024 at 10:20 AM, maelzoid said:

image.thumb.jpeg.08df99c1ac2864dfb97e7657c351f8c3.jpeg

Remember this from last summer. Def Leppard and Motley Crue at Wembley. This is what happens when you price out your own fans. 
i hoped scenes like this would have triggered a rethink by the industry, but it seems they're doubling down. 

you know what, i must have seen this photo a hundred times and i always assumed it was like an hour before the show or something and people were just overplaying how bad it was...

its only from seeing it again just now where someone responded to it just a few post above this where i have finally realized this is actually mid show!

i now see this is actually blindingly obvious seeing as there is quite obviously activity on stage... doh!

damn! 

On 2/28/2024 at 10:56 AM, lendan said:

Just got Justin Timberlake tickets for the wife at the O2. £150 for level 1 tier seating!! 
The VIP (basically a small 2nd stage with a stall to sit on) between £500 & £1000! 
So that or 3 glasto tickets!!! 

Just outrageous. 

• Upvote 1