Stadium Ticket Pricing

stanh

I was lucky(!) to be able to buy accessible tickets for PJ, so between myself and my PA it's "only" £80 each. 
Have just looked back in on Manchester and dynamic pricing has kicked in everywhere. Floor is now £240 and lowers in 114 will set you back £280. This will be the last time for me. 

They could have fought back against TM and got all the concessions The Cure managed to, but clearly they're now on the milk run to ensure they stay 8 and 9 figure multi-millionaires. Vedder is apparently worth over $100m.

23 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Sure, but something's gone horribly, horribly wrong when I saw Beyoncé at Spurs 8 months ago for £105 standing and now f**king Pearl Jam are trying to charge me nearly a third more for an arena show. They're not Beyoncé. 

Aw yeah for sure, I missed this about Pearl Jam. I also saw the Killers charging over 100 at the Hydro doing 3 night. That's more than their stadium tout 2 years ago lol and way more than their last arena tour. That's a joke. 

Mega artists in stadiums i can understand as it can be justified as a once in a life time thing

1 hour ago, jenko said:

1611922932_Screenshot2024-02-23at10_52_35.thumb.png.b0213e9a991bc958b7da7fc9df965477.png

Genuinely couldn't believe these prices. I'm paying about that for 3 days at NOS Alive to see them there.

I couldn't find any £125 seats. The £157.50 being offered were at the back of 505, really high up and miles away from the stage.

People seem to be buying them though. Front standing has already sold out.

At £125 for the cheapest seats, surely this has got to be the most expensive stadium show ever in the UK?

Hope they're faced with a half empty pitch and tens of thousands of empty seats when they take to the stage.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Looking at their official forums it seems like tickets aren't exactly flying. PJ doing a Manchester arena show should be an instant sellout but standing is still there after an hour, clearly lots of ballot winners put off at that price point. Barcelona hasn't moved at all. 

Best case scenario they scrap the entire thing and try again at sane prices. They're never selling out shows where nosebleeds cost £150.

My friend is in Barcelona and PJ are her favourite band. Seems that there was a f**k up with the sale as well. They got to the front of the queue a few times before it let them purchase them.

1 hour ago, jenko said:

Plus an extra £10 each if you want a paper copy of the ticket.......

come on now, be fair, its not just a ticket, its something extra super mega special that you can treasure forever:

image.png.bc3f9e62f48fd5ef867d1af9face57b7.png

and in a few years time when you find it behind a sofa cushion you can think to yourself why in the f**k did i pay £10 for this shite!

I hope there’s a ton of coverage of those prices - as much as there was of their original ‘crusade’. Fighting touts by making sure everyone pays the tout prices but directly to you is not what people thought they were about

34 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

come on now, be fair, its not just a ticket, its something extra super mega special that you can treasure forever:

image.png.bc3f9e62f48fd5ef867d1af9face57b7.png

and in a few years time when you find it behind a sofa cushion you can think to yourself why in the f**k did i pay £10 for this shite!

Not *just* a ticket? If you check the fine print, it's not *even* a ticket.

3 hours ago, Dark Star said:

I was lucky(!) to be able to buy accessible tickets for PJ, so between myself and my PA it's "only" £80 each. 
Have just looked back in on Manchester and dynamic pricing has kicked in everywhere. Floor is now £240 and lowers in 114 will set you back £280. This will be the last time for me. 

They could have fought back against TM and got all the concessions The Cure managed to, but clearly they're now on the milk run to ensure they stay 8 and 9 figure multi-millionaires. Vedder is apparently worth over $100m.

They pretend to which is enough for the general public. 

i wonder why they made so much

IMG_5928.jpeg

4 hours ago, balti-pie said:

i suppose it is a way of getting rid of ticket touts: get them to say 'f**k that!' to the prices 

Either that or there was some kind of meeting where they went "Well if people wanna pay that, why don't we actually get the money rather than some tout?"

I remember many years ago Pearl Jam played the Bowl in Milton Keynes and with fees tickets were over £70, at a time when I didn't really like paying over £60 for a show, and thought it wasn't worth it. 

It's one thing to have compared it with the 80s when a stadium gig was £10 a ticket, but this jump from thinking £70+ was too expensive to them now not even having tickets in that price point is f**king wild.

5 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Sure, but something's gone horribly, horribly wrong when I saw Beyoncé at Spurs 8 months ago for £105 standing and now f**king Pearl Jam are trying to charge me nearly a third more for an arena show. They're not Beyoncé. 

A GA ticket for the Eras tour had a FV of about £110 ffs.

I remember feeling that Muse's prices for their London O2 shows in October were far too much, but even then there were plenty of options below £100.

Pearl Jam isn't even dynamic pricing at half of those tickets. Back row of Co-Op Live is £160.50 when fees are added.

It'll probably sell out, but a second date would kill them. Prices in Australia apparently similarly horrendous, but they appear to have broadly sold well.

Cheapest I've seen anyway is a starting price of $139.10 in New Zealand for the Mount Smart Stadium shows. Shocked they added a second to those.

The metrics of this Australian tour are weird too. They're playing two nights apiece in Sydney and Melbourne, and yet the Sydney venue is half the size of the Melbourne one. Absolutely baffling. (Can only assume they reckon Melbourne will also cater to SA/WA/Tasmania fans who make the trip.)

6 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Pearl Jam isn't even dynamic pricing at half of those tickets. Back row of Co-Op Live is £160.50 when fees are added.

It'll probably sell out, but a second date would kill them. Prices in Australia apparently similarly horrendous, but they appear to have broadly sold well.

The original plan for the tour was 1 night at the Etihad Co-op and 2 nights at the Greenwich o2. 
Some perspective on those cheapest tickets at the back row of the Co-op.... The Eagles, the greatest lovers of money since money was invented, only charged £75 (£87.08 with fees) - info from See Tickets. 

19 hours ago, clarkete said:

Spotted on threads, a mum whose kid wanted to go (hence why it's two tickets) 

IMG_20240224_140342_625.jpg

Charity platinum tickets that got released last minute. And thats the smallest venue the entire tour. It was under 10,000 since the floor was mainly seating. Phoenix last night released a handful of face value tickets a few hours prior.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Charity platinum tickets that got released last minute. And thats the smallest venue the entire tour. It was under 10,000 since the floor was mainly seating. Phoenix last night released a handful of face value tickets a few hours prior.

Ah, well nice that something goes to charity. Did you see how much the ones last night were?