Other Stage Headliners

airwaves

32 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Have we got any firms yet for the other three? All I've got down is Editors for JP. Where the female headliners at?? 🤔

I would be surprised if they didn’t try get somewhere close to last years 8/8 split across the main stage headliners plus legend. Which would suggest that either Park or WH will be where they are at, maybe one of the stages will be all female headliners to counterbalance the Pyramid?

21 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

There's a lot of hate for Sam Smith but I find their new stuff much more interesting musically & lyrically than their early stuff.

Plus Unholy is a banger.

Unholy is a banger, and seems to upset the kind of people who deserve to be upset.

I do wonder what unholy thing daddy is getting up to in the body shop. Taking too much body butter from the tester pots?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, BenG92 said:

If Fred is subbing Other on one night then there is zero reason why Prodigy can't sub Other on a different night. 

Prodigy > Sam Smith on Saturday and bin Sam off for Orbital on JP or whatever 

Either Fred or Prodigy outside in the light would be poor.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Either Fred or Prodigy outside in the light would be poor.

Sure, but in terms of them at least showing up, it's not impossible if all 3 Other heads are filled 

Would still be a party although granted a bit of a hamstrung one. Bit like people speculating Pendulum are 5pm outside at Download this year, not sure I buy it

9 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Unholy is a banger, and seems to upset the kind of people who deserve to be upset.

I do wonder what unholy thing daddy is getting up to in the body shop. Taking too much body butter from the tester pots?

Hot at the body shop implies daddy is after some high SPF moisturiser or face mist.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

Sure, but in terms of them at least showing up, it's not impossible if all 3 Other heads are filled 

Would still be a party although granted a bit of a hamstrung one. Bit like people speculating Pendulum are 5pm outside at Download this year, not sure I buy it

This would be an example of where stages need to consider their line ups more carefully.

Someone, can't remember who, put it perfectly yesterday when saying something along then lines of " West Holts don't book based on prestige, but consider the vibe".

48 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Really can’t believe they haven’t booked The 1975.

*they’d be much better than GnR, AM & QOTSA.

also how Little Simz hasn’t made it also is shocking in terms as a solid headliner on a smaller stage.

just glad Prodigy don’t clash with EJ.

*In your opinion 

Has anyone considered the 1975 might might not have been booked because the lead singer is a massive creep?

Has anyone also considered that if you’re a fan of the 1975 you’re obviously going to think they’d be a better booking than acts you don’t like as much, but in fact your own musical tastes and opinions are not representative of everyone else in the world? I don’t particularly care for the 1975, so do you genuinely think your opinion is more valid than mine? 

** You can also replace the 1975 with any other act anyone deems to be more suitable than an act they don’t like.

Edited by Jose Pose

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Chems would be the stalest booking possible.

As much fun as I've had watching Chems, it would be a pretty repetitive booking.

It wouldn't be a bad show by any stretch and they'd chuck some new stuff in I'm sure, but it would feel pretty....expected

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Lol pull the other one, Healey's no creepier than Axl Rose has ever been 

Give some hard examples of Axl Rose being creepy?

I actually pulled DeanoL up on a massive post yesterday where they said, despite people thinking they’re ‘gross’ they’ve never actually done anything gross.

Healy is an embarrassment every time he steps on stage, that podcast he did the other day was just plain creepy.

Edited by Jose Pose

Just now, Jose Pose said:

Give some hard examples of Axl Rose being creepy?

I actually pulled DeanoL up on a massive post yesterday where they said, despite people thinking they’re ‘gross’ they’ve never actually done anything gross.

Healy is an embarrassment every time he steps on stage. 

look at Axl's wiki, particularly just before they became famous