Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

Anyone started a 3rd group yet? GDPR nightmare 🙈🙈

The thing is, it's got to be completely military and everyone has to commit otherwise it doesn't work. That's why it's more appealing to beg your way on to an existing group. So much trust involved.

Can we make the topic for the next virtual meet 'resales' ? I'll join it and anyone interested in starting a third group can introduce themselves and perhaps we can get the ball rolling somehow. Shows a level of dedication  to come and join it and say hello for a start. And anyone with experience can explain how it works for them

On 3/6/2023 at 2:54 PM, The Nal said:

Should there not be a date announced by now?

The logical date will be 20th April for Coach resale and 23rd For General resale. 

The pattern in previous years appears to be the general sale is always the 3rd Sunday following the deadline day. 

Seeing some of the comments re the lineup I'm hoping a few more tickets will be available in the resale 🤞 getting anxious already about next month, everything crossed we get lucky in the resale again as we did last year 😁 any groups or new lists for the resale ? all help needed 🤣😳

49 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Anyone need any help? No one's let me in their group yet still... 🤣 I have my tickets but happy to help as I want to join one for next time... extra hands on deck 🤷🏼‍♀️

Our group hasn’t been finalised yet - but once it has we’ll share the link here and any help appreciated 🙂

Can anyone (maybe @Crazyfool01?) offer any help/support with the resale group? Myself and another efest member have set up a group and we have 100 registrations on the spreadsheet currently - it was the first group set up for the 2023 resale I believe!

As we’re getting closer to the resale date I’m starting to think logistics a little bit and just need a bit of support really. The main issues is payment, people have spoke a little in the group but there’s still a large amount of trust involved. The two options are for someone to get through, but the tickets and wait for a bank transfer through, or to use one-off payment cards. Both methods leave someone vulnerable. What has been the case in previous years, and has there ever been issues resolving payment issues?

Replies on here, or messages via DM are much appreciated, and good luck to everyone else trying!

6 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Can anyone (maybe @Crazyfool01?) offer any help/support with the resale group? Myself and another efest member have set up a group and we have 100 registrations on the spreadsheet currently - it was the first group set up for the 2023 resale I believe!

As we’re getting closer to the resale date I’m starting to think logistics a little bit and just need a bit of support really. The main issues is payment, people have spoke a little in the group but there’s still a large amount of trust involved. The two options are for someone to get through, but the tickets and wait for a bank transfer through, or to use one-off payment cards. Both methods leave someone vulnerable. What has been the case in previous years, and has there ever been issues resolving payment issues?

Replies on here, or messages via DM are much appreciated, and good luck to everyone else trying!

ive not in all my time been aware of any payment issues .... we were all a pretty tight group when we did it post covid .... now im sure people can get the transactions cancelled if there were any problems with payment back to them  .... mostly people felt able to use own cards during sale and got the money back after .... other option is a phone number but that might mean vital delays some gave card numbers out before if people didnt feel they would have funds available . 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Sounds like trust is the only option really. Glasto give refunds on tickets til May I believe so a threat of losing ones ticket will probably make them cough up if it came to that.

yep this. the phone option is there but they still get account details anyway and it just delays things .... also the need for the oNE TIME PASSWORDS and site/ payment crashes complicates things further 

I suppose the difference with having a lead booker phone number per group to call and get card details from live once through, is that at least then it's only one person you're giving your card details to rather than them being on a spreadsheet for all to see. And if they don't get through, you haven't exposed your details at all.

Phone is pretty instant and lets face it, everyone is going to be ready to answer instantly. I'd suggest that's the best idea for newer groups with new members which haven't built up the same amount of trust as some of the original group.

Also, I'd suggest having a little zoom meeting before hand for lead bookers would be really useful.

I wouldn't expect a stranger to part with over £1k for my group of 4 while we transfer. I don't think that's fair in my opinion...maybe further along g the line once the group is established. 

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum