Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Ridiculous or not it seems true and was broken long before Neil got wind of it.

It doesn't seem true, which is my point. A story to help sell it as it went against the nodding dog no-thinking. Of the crowd. 

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

It doesn't seem true, which is my point. A story to help sell it as it went against the nodding dog no-thinking. Of the crowd. 

“Doesn’t seem true…” what evidence do you actually have that it isn’t true though? Strikes me that you are presenting your own opinions as fact without supporting evidence.

Not a single person here knows what goes on inside that farmhouse or who was or wasn’t approached before GnR was settled on. It seems fairly conceivable that they had their hopes pinned on Taylor returning and when she custard pied them they had to look elsewhere. Matt knew about Beyoncé’s dates for this summer back in 2021 so again it’s conceivable that the likes of Bey and Pink were already booked up which is how they ended up with GnR.

This is just a theory, it might be true, it might not be, but what I’m not doing is presenting it as a fact.

8 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

“Doesn’t seem true…” what evidence do you actually have that it isn’t true though? Strikes me that you are presenting your own opinions as fact without supporting evidence.

some things just don't seem believable.

18 minutes ago, Neil said:

some things just don't seem believable.

Are you saying that when someone else said it was gnr it was bollocks but when you heard it it was then true? I’m genuinely confused here.

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

Are you saying that when someone else said it was gnr it was bollocks but when you heard it it was then true? I’m genuinely confused here.

i got my info from a known and proven source, the other came from an unproven source and with a ridiculous story.

if you xdon't get why i rejected that story and that info you'll go along with any old shit and you don't have a basis to question my take.

Edited by Neil

Just now, Neil said:

i got my info from a known and proven source, the other came from an unproven source van with a ridiculous story.

But ultimately the same info? 

Just now, Neil said:

i got my info from a known and proven source, the other came from an unproven source van with a ridiculous story.

To clarify:

Their source: received earlier than yours, but complete guesswork and a total coincidence that it materialised

Your source: received later but from better-connected contact, based upon a fact that it had been booked at that time

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

To clarify:

Their source: received earlier than yours, but complete guesswork and a total coincidence that it materialised

no coincidence, cos there hasn't been all the other times that source has given me info, you're just looking  to question my  take because you took in the other story without question.

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Your source: received later but from better-connected contact, based upon a fact that it had been booked at that time

1 minute ago, Neil said:

no coincidence, cos there hasn't been all the other times that source has given me info, you're just looking  to question my  take because you took in the other story without question.

I'm not questioning either take, regardless of who said it or where it came from, it's happening. I'm just trying to untangle the logic behind the difference in the sources. I'll move on...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm not questioning either take, regardless of who said it or where it came from, it's happening. I'm just trying to untangle the logic behind the difference in the sources. I'll move on...

the difference is that i found one believable and the other unbelievable, i have to apply thought about what people say, cos otherwise i'd be going along with any ols shite, as some appear to have done here.