Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

14 minutes ago, gfa said:

Sure but these early 00s indies bands have always had a huge following for young people, see like community festival all of superstruct etc. these fests have been full of 16-20 year olds for the past 5 years. I meant specific indie as a genre btw - kate bush obviously got big from tiktok among others

Music for lads in bucket hats made by lads who listened to lads in bands who wore bucket hats innit ♾️

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lycra said:

Wonder how the younger element feel about having 3 old bands/artists as pyramid headliners?

Theyre just gonna go somewhete else instead.

So when is everyone gonna start to call JPT Woodsies. Thats gonna confuse a lot of people if you run into somebody and ask where the tent is.

36 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

So when is everyone gonna start to call JPT Woodsies. Thats gonna confuse a lot of people if you run into somebody and ask where the tent is.

I still call West Holts, Jazz World sometimes. So I'm sticking with calling it John Peel. Ha ha!

Edited by fullfathom5

7 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Why is the placement odd? Genuine question, not having a go or anything.

For me this line up so far isn’t great, the headliners apart from Elton are awful and there’s only 1 or 2 that in total that appeal. Hopefully the full announcement of acts will be better for me!

Dunno, just feels quite downbeat for an Other headliner. I like her, don't get me wrong. Feels more like a Pyramid act to me though, subbing maybe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Dunno, just feels quite downbeat for an Other headliner. I like her, don't get me wrong. Feels more like a Pyramid act to me though, subbing maybe.

Agree, the final other stage headliner I’m expecting a more upbeat act for the Sunday - chemical brothers, the prodigy, QOTSA etc 

Edited by lendan

5 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Going through this lot so far with my kids and it's seems to be all rap crap.. Nightmare.. I'm officially old 

This, I’ll be avoiding most of the “rap crap” despite my son saying “you’ve got to go and see x,y,z” er no

7 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Going through this lot so far with my kids and it's seems to be all rap crap.. Nightmare.. I'm officially old 

But my kids and grandkids seem VERY HAPPY.. What a strange festival I'm going to have.. Good job it's my last lolol

Well @Chrisp1986 has gone to the trouble of creating a playlist of 876 songs in here
https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/246122-spotify-playlist-2023-all-full-setlists/

Here's a list of the genres according to a playlist analyser and it would indicate your analysis is pretty wide of the mark, so maybe you should listen to a bit more?

Screenshot 2023-03-04 011420.jpg

Edited by clarkete
  • Upvote 1

Apologies if this has been posted before but I think it shows how far we've come how surprised the media is with all three headliners being male. It's almost as if they've done it in a sort of one step back to go two steps forward in the future. This would have slayed 5 years ago. I'm not even going this year, and it's not a definite every future year as it was for the last 15 years, but keeps it a bit interesting moving forward. They need Swift to headline.

7 hours ago, priest17 said:

Apologies if this has been posted before but I think it shows how far we've come how surprised the media is with all three headliners being male. It's almost as if they've done it in a sort of one step back to go two steps forward in the future. This would have slayed 5 years ago. I'm not even going this year, and it's not a definite every future year as it was for the last 15 years, but keeps it a bit interesting moving forward. They need Swift to headline.

Yeah, although the initial reaction from the masses has been to somewhat scold the festival for booking three male headliners it’s actually quite nice that Glastonbury made such an impact with their 50/50 split campaign that three male headliners is seen as odd whereas just four years ago nobody batted an eyelid. Of course, now that the trend has been set, any time there’s no female acts topping the bill the same scolding will come back in full force, but it’s a big step in the right direction at least, and I hope next years two female headliners gets heaped with praise. 

I don’t really understand Emily’s point, if they want to book for female headliners then can’t she do that? There’s plenty of female acts that are ready or nearly ready and would massively benefit from the exposure of headlining. 

15 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don’t really understand Emily’s point, if they want to book for female headliners then can’t she do that? There’s plenty of female acts that are ready or nearly ready and would massively benefit from the exposure of headlining. 

Yeah, she’s kind of dug herself in to a bit of a hole here as she very easily could’ve promoted Lizzo, Lana, or another ‘not quite there but give em a chance’ type female act but has more or less admitted that she doesn’t think any of them are ready to do so, even if she does call Lizzo a fourth headliner.

34 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah, she’s kind of dug herself in to a bit of a hole here as she very easily could’ve promoted Lizzo, Lana, or another ‘not quite there but give em a chance’ type female act but has more or less admitted that she doesn’t think any of them are ready to do so, even if she does call Lizzo a fourth headliner.

That's not quite what she said though is it? 

“She could totally headline,” said Eavis, adding that the Pyramid stage often sees bigger crowds in the afternoon than at night. “Many of the artists could. But the headline slot had already been promised to someone else.”

52 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It kinda sounds like a cop out from her to be honest, passing the responsibility onto the industry for not creating enough headliner ready female acts. Whilst she might have a bit of a point, she is in a position to do something about it. I mean there’s so many acts and even if the mega-stars aren’t available then book an up and comer instead of Artic Monkeys. 

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

"They've had to resort to Guns'n'Roses because they couldn't secure Arcade Fire" is the one take that I didn't foresee.

I thought AF  had been cancelled? 😛 

Just now, Justiceforcedave said:

Different take: GNR didn’t pick the other headliners and Slash deserves the top spot after his stonkingly good contribution to the 2010 festival.

Even without it they're a fine booking. Silver status.

And a long way from the nadir for a festival that was once headlined by Moby.