Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

On 11/4/2022 at 2:36 PM, The Martini Police said:

You're seriously responding to someone talking about a massive band headlining a festival, when sources have suggested it's happening, with this vile nonsense? It's not stinking up the forum, it's what the forum has always been for. Your strange dislike of one particular band is making you extremely irrational and even nasty on this. 

If there's anyone out there who Neil trusts, please step in. 

I'm pretty sure Neil trusts me. In the same way that I feel a burning resentment that a band I don't care for at all (Arctic Monkeys) are likely to have a Pyramid headline slot for the third time, it must seem quite offensive that a band he clearly doesn't like is having the peak headline slot at the best festival on Earth. A lot of people felt like that about Jay Z in 2008 (turns out he was brilliant). I feel a bit like that about Harry Styles even though I admit I am ideologically opposed to "someone like him" having a Pyramid slot in the first place and the fact that he probably had sex with Taylor Swift countless times (the bastard) but thereby inspiring most of the magnificent 1989 with lines like "he's so tall and handsome as hell". Do I sound jealous? I'm not a big fan of Guns N Roses myself but they are a huge "heritage"  rock act with a massive crossover appeal thanks mainly to Sweet Child Of Mine which is so obiquitous that it's almost laughable these days.

Just now, Florian Saucer Attack said:

LOL. It's a perfect balance by the end of the evening you will come away thinking exactly the same way about yourself as you did at the start of the evening

It's my Glastonbury in a nutshell.

First 10 minutes "Oo look, a juggler. That's nice".

Last day " Oo look, another fucking juggler. YOU c**t!"

12 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Melissa Reese the guns n roses keyboard player was touted years ago as the next Taylor Swift, and has worked with her in the past. 
not a lotta folk know that. 😉

So you are saying without a doubt that Swift will come on during the GNR set to sing a couple of songs. What a moment that will be

I hope they do civil war and Shake it off

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I am not. These are truly the kings of chocolate biscuits…

image.jpeg.b0032dffa36a7f4b6d2b5bf0954d32ad.jpeg

Surely if advertised as more chocolate than biscuit, they count as the former for the purpose of this debate?

If they are biscuit qualifiers, then still wrong, because, Echo above.

(These are some very nice biscuits though.)

4 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

I'm pretty sure Neil trusts me. In the same way that I feel a burning resentment that a band I don't care for at all (Arctic Monkeys) are likely to have a Pyramid headline slot for the third time, it must seem quite offensive that a band he clearly doesn't like is having the peak headline slot at the best festival on Earth. A lot of people felt like that about Jay Z in 2008 (turns out he was brilliant). I feel a bit like that about Harry Styles even though I admit I am ideologically opposed to "someone like him" having a Pyramid slot in the first place and the fact that he probably had sex with Taylor Swift countless times (the bastard) but thereby inspiring most of the magnificent 1989 with lines like "he's so tall and handsome as hell". Do I sound jealous? I'm not a big fan of Guns N Roses myself but they are a huge "heritage"  rock act with a massive crossover appeal thanks mainly to Sweet Child Of Mine which is so obiquitous that it's almost laughable these days.

These are fair points, but the difference between Jay-Z headlining and GnR is pretty night and day I'd say. Jay-Z was the very first hip-hop act to headline, and was there based off a run of 10-15 years producing critically and commerically successful albums - people were against it because it was different. People are against GnR because thery're awful live and completely irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Can we please move the biscuit talk to another thread?

Maybe set up a biscuit world cup or something

What, you want this to go back to the way it was?

Think of this as the Christmas 1914 football match. Irrelevant to what was actually happening at the time but a pleasant distraction for all involved.

1 minute ago, JayDiesel said:

These are fair points, but the difference between Jay-Z headlining and GnR is pretty night and day I'd say. Jay-Z was the very first hip-hop act to headline, and was there based off a run of 10-15 years producing critically and commerically successful albums - people were against it because it was different. People are against GnR because thery're awful live and completely irrelevant.

Booking Jay-Z was one of the best decisions GFL has ever made (well done Emily). A lot of the fuss made was due to that idiot with his "hip hop at Glastonbury no way" rant, while spectacularly failing to know that there had been plenty previously, although not headlining The Pyramid.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Alright, alright, back to headliners then.

Given this is headliners for 2023 at a broad canter, any stabs in the dark for Park toppers this year?

I don't know if they're big enough but I'd love it to be Le Tigre. Siouxsie or Sparks would be cool, but again not sure on size.

12 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

A response to a post from 4th November. 

That fits in perfectly with the same conversation on this thread today.

Brilliant.

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

What, you want this to go back to the way it was?

Think of this as the Christmas 1914 football match. Irrelevant to what was actually happening at the time but a pleasant distraction for all involved.

No I never want to talk about that person again but surely something as important as biscuits deserves it's own thread!

I'm sure there will be a more than acceptable act on one of the the stages, im kinda hoping maybe The Prodigy are on the Other that night. 

Maybe little Nas X on west holts. 

I don't even mind GnR either just think they are passed it, Appetite is a banging album but they fell of a cliff right after, one of the few banks to peak on their debut. 

If there is absolutely nothing else on I will probably go see them. 

Edited by Xeph1995