Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Maybe it's just me but cannot quite see GNR going the full three hours.

1 It's So Easy
2 Mr Brownstone
3 Chinese Democracy
4 Slither
5 Welcome to the Jungle
6 Double Talkin' Jive
7 Live and Let Die
8 Estranged
9 Rocket Queen
10 You Could Be Mine
11 Absurd
12 Hard Skool
13 Civil War
14 Sweet Child O' Mine (with Slash Guitar Solo)
15 November Rain
16 Knockin' On Heaven's Door
17 Nightrain

18 Patience
19 Don't Cry
20 Paradise City

...it doesn't scream all-timer on paper, but there are clearly enough songs there that will command a huge singalong.

I'd be well up this, to be fair. Some big singalongs.

4 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Ah, nice, hope it goes well, you deserve the pay-out after decades of hard work and don't blame you.

thank's not sure i properly booked the meeting, i hate online booking systems.

3 hours ago, leath02 said:

This place is remarkably calm considering we've literally had a headliner self confirm 

It’s not really much of a surprise because of all the other info we had from Roughbloke and Neil.

If that line in the interview had come out of the blue this place would be melting.

2 hours ago, wc23 said:

I also can’t get away from 3 white, male (predominantly) headliners 

It shouldn’t be a surprise. Emily said in an interview last June that some years they will have all male headliners

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/244149-headliners-2023/?do=findComment&comment=6522814

1 minute ago, MEGABOWL said:

It’s not really much of a surprise because of all the other info we had from Roughbloke and Neil.

If that line in the interview had come out of the blue this place would be melting.

melting with comments like mine, people are holding back cos they don't want to be flamed as i have been for saying its crap.

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Maybe it's just me but cannot quite see GNR going the full three hours.

1 It's So Easy
2 Mr Brownstone
3 Chinese Democracy
4 Slither
5 Welcome to the Jungle
6 Double Talkin' Jive
7 Live and Let Die
8 Estranged
9 Rocket Queen
10 You Could Be Mine
11 Absurd
12 Hard Skool
13 Civil War
14 Sweet Child O' Mine (with Slash Guitar Solo)
15 November Rain
16 Knockin' On Heaven's Door
17 Nightrain

18 Patience
19 Don't Cry
20 Paradise City

...it doesn't scream all-timer on paper, but there are clearly enough songs there that will command a huge singalong.

Where is this setlist coming from?

1 minute ago, Drinky said:

GNR won’t be very good as a headliner but would have been fine early evening fare to enjoy ironically between ciders. Feels weirdly like a backup to a backup option yet it’s January?

I think that’s just subjective, there aren’t many acts that do BST and sell out stadiums that wouldn't be be a headliner. 

As always opinions on headliners are highly subjective but as someone who has been going to festivals for 20+ years, to have a headliner who I've never seen before but have vaguely liked since I was a kid (when they were indisputably huge), even if their live performances are inconsistent, seems like a good booking.

I'd suggest there will be enough people in a similar position to make it busy enough - I'm sure there'll be lots that enjoy it, lots that slate it (is there ever not?) 

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

For all the whinging it's pretty similar to Radiohead - Foos - Sheeran, and that went down very well.

not similar at all, none of those acts have a long reputation of being shit live, - they're also current-ish acts which gnr are not.

Edited by Neil

1 minute ago, Neil said:

not similar at all, none of those acts have a long reputation of being shit live, - they're also current-ish acts which gnr are not.

Neil, are you just upset that the GnR info was clearly out there for ages and nobody told you? I mean, it was posted on here a long, long time before you had it.

Is that what this is about?