Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

Bloke behind me was complaining I'd inadvertently kicked his wife's stool. This was in the pit, I was very confused. Maybe she'd shat on the floor, she couldn't possibly be sitting on a stool, in the pit, during a headline set?

Sounds very polite - next time could you please overtly kick my wife's shit?

30 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Am I the only person who didn't really enjoy the Macca set?! I was so looking forward to it as well, but for me it was a classic example of - it doesn't matter who is on stage, it's the people around you.

It was the only time during the whole festival where it felt like we were surrounded by people moaning.... it was like being in a crowd with a load of head teachers. One woman was moaning about people pushing past to get closer to the front. We were like...it's a festival, it happens. She said "in all my years of coming I've never seen behaviour like it" - honestly what a wolly. It was the most tame crowd ever. 

Anyway, we were just in the wrong spot clearly but we ended up leaving and going to Arcadia where we had one of the funniest nights ever and made friends for life (even though we dont know their names and will probably never see them again, you know how it goes 🤣

The Elton crowd may produce similar results. That Pyramid field, especially on a Sunday, can be a snarky place full of entitlement 

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Bloke behind me was complaining I'd inadvertently kicked his wife's stool. This was in the pit, I was very confused. Maybe she'd shat on the floor, she couldn't possibly be sitting on a stool, in the pit, during a headline set?

Very possible they were some faecal freaks, waiting to hear Love Me Poo

9 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Could she have been stood on one?? 

The worst Glastonbury crowd I've experienced was at The Rolling Stones. We were very far back and it was packed, obviously. My friend and I tiptoed onto the field to be met with tuts, sighs, eye rolling, "for God's sake" comments. It was a horrid atmosphere. The final straw for me was when we stopped and a woman tapped us on the shoulder and said, "You're standing on my blanket" (literally the corner of her laid out blanket) The husband then said "And you're standing right in front of us" My friend replied with "Us and a 100,000 others, yes."

I bailed and watched it from the pathway back at Kidney Mead. In hindsight I should have gone to see something else but hey ho. We live and learn. 

Just hope the Elton crowd is a little more friendly. 

1 minute ago, BlueJeansAndWhiteTshirts said:

The worst Glastonbury crowd I've experienced was at The Rolling Stones. We were very far back and it was packed, obviously. My friend and I tiptoed onto the field to be met with tuts, sighs, eye rolling, "for God's sake" comments. It was a horrid atmosphere. The final straw for me was when we stopped and a woman tapped us on the shoulder and said, "You're standing on my blanket" (literally the corner of her laid out blanket) The husband then said "And you're standing right in front of us" My friend replied with "Us and a 100,000 others, yes."

I bailed and watched it from the pathway back at Kidney Mead. In hindsight I should have gone to see something else but hey ho. We live and learn. 

Was down the front for the start of the Stones but it was just too packed to be enjoyable. We bailed after three or four songs and watched the rest from outside Le Grande Bouffe, which was far more enjoyable as we could see, hear and had access to cider, toilets and sausages.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BlueJeansAndWhiteTshirts said:

We had basically exactly what you said with Elton at BST last summer. Older folks taking up a ton of room with picnic blankets and chairs who genuinely thought that because they're stayed in one spot all day, they were entitled to have nobody go further forward than them when he started. Cretins. 

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

We had basically exactly what you said with Elton at BST last summer. Older folks taking up a ton of room with picnic blankets and chairs who genuinely thought that because they're stayed in one spot all day, they were entitled to have nobody go further forward than them when he started. Cretins. 

Yeah, I have to say it's the older crowd who are the worst. The young'uns have a far more live and let live attitude. 

A woman at Noel Gallagher (waiting for Paul McCartney to come on) said to my friend that "they'd not sat  there all day only for her to come along and block her view at the last minute. (My friend had put her 6 year old daughter on her shoulders for Don't Look Back In Anger). I won't say what she said in reply but she didn't hold back....😂

Yeah, my unwritten rule is that if you're not actually sat on one of the two barriers all day (or more now that they have increased ego ramps) then you are bound to have people moving in front of you. 

Our worst crowd was deffo Rolling Stones, we made a tactical error and got there too late to be in the pit, very tall people with hats appeared at the last moment and then proceeded to talk during the set a lot. Arseholes. Still loved it though. 

Edited by giantkatestacks
spelling

10 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

These folk should be at gigs in the likes of The Albert Hall.

8 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Had this at Diana Ross last year.  Worst thing were the people who sat on chairs all day and then at the start stood behind them so no one could stand/ get past in front of them.   Got separated from my girlfriend and had a slightly heated discussion with someone who was doing this and blocking the way back to her.... 

Funny one for me was Tool in Manchester last year, seated gig but naturally everyone on the floor stood up. Woman was very indignant as she was quite short, but rather than taking my suggestion that she went and stood at the side of the row as many others were so she could see, she stubbornly remained seated and unable to see a thing the whole show.

Felt a bit bad for her, but again the expectation that people aren't gonna stand for a rock band simply because there are seats... c'mon. It was Maynard himself who was asking why people were sitting by the third song. 

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Am I the only person who didn't really enjoy the Macca set?!

no! i didn't enjoy it either, too many people, impossible for me to find a decent spot for me and my mobility scooter (which had people clambering over it).and i didn't have a view of the stage, and the sound was too quiet too.

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Funny one for me was Tool in Manchester last year, seated gig but naturally everyone on the floor stood up. Woman was very indignant as she was quite short, but rather than taking my suggestion that she went and stood at the side of the row as many others were so she could see, she stubbornly remained seated and unable to see a thing the whole show.

Felt a bit bad for her, but again the expectation that people aren't gonna stand for a rock band simply because there are seats... c'mon. It was Maynard himself who was asking why people were sitting by the third song. 

Some people sit for their own health reasons or whatever though, even outside of being short. Not sure I agree with the idea that sitting down makes it seem like you're less interested or up for it but that's just me.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

555554.jpg?b64lines=IFNJVCBET1dOISBTSVQgRE9XTiEKIFlPVSdSRSBSVUlOSU5HIElUIEZPUgogRVZFUllPTkUhIA==

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

no! i didn't enjoy it either, too many people, impossible for me to find a decent spot for me and my mobility scooter (which had people clambering over it).and i didn't have a view of the stage, and the sound was too quiet too.

All over the site, regardless of which stage.

11 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Some people sit for their own health reasons or whatever though, even outside of being short. Not sure I agree with the idea that sitting down makes it seem like you're less interested or up for it but that's just me.

Absolutely true - although she made no mention of not being able to stand - and I wasn't implying she'd enjoy it less. I just think her assumption that because there were seats, nobody would stand up was quite misguided. Would have been far better off on the tiered seating not on the floor.