Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

Just now, BenG92 said:

They're DJs. It's one of those smaller pre-proper-festival days a bit like Pinkpop did. 

Yeah I guessed that, just american edm crap i assume. names certainly sound like it!

3 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

don't be a debbie downer, last time they headlined was 2017? After missing 2015?

Or am I missing something

2017. Two festivals ago. With nothing to show for the past few years than dull af albums. They'll be back in a few years or might pop up to do a secret set but I wouldn't hold your breath.

3 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

don't be a debbie downer, last time they headlined was 2017? After missing 2015?

They did indeed.

2017, 2019, 2022, 2023 would be the sequence of festivals. So would end up being 2 of 4.

Incredibly unlikely to see them again so soon.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

"I don't want some washed up rockers who haven't released a decent tune for decades, do massively overlong gigs with extended solos and noodling that go on for hours and scream beige platitudes at the crowd.... I want the Foo Fighters instead!"

Least Dave can sing still. Unbelievably amazing live.

Anything over those GnR videos from just last year.

Edited by TGCarr

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

"I don't want some washed up rockers who haven't released a decent tune for decades, do massively overlong gigs with extended solos and noodling that go on for hours and scream beige platitudes at the crowd.... I want the Foo Fighters instead!"

I could tell Dave was having a good time and crowd interaction is good and all, but there were times he'd interrupt mid song droning on about rock music that I'd have preferred him to have just cracked on. The set felt about 6 hours long with all the waffle coming out his mouth.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

At least Dave is punctual for their own shows.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

I thoroughly enjoyed FF for what it's worth. Had an absolute blast. 

I enjoyed it but at the same time I found their whole schtick wearisome after a while. It's fun for a while but after two and half hours it wears very thin.

Instead of pissing about they could have just played Stacked Actors.

Foos would be a good shout for a secret set. Nobody needs to see them headline again though this decade, they've done it and it's not like they're releasing anything to justify another headline slot.

Dave Grohl is extremely tight with the festival though and may want to do it. The same way he wanted to play the farm in 2021.

22 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Yes 2017, we’ve only had 2019 and 2022 since, in what world do Glastonbury need to rebook an act so soon? Especially when there are supposedly no female artists headlining. “I know, let’s rebook a white male guitar act from two festivals ago”.

It’s not being a Debbie downer, just using a fraction of common sense. 

6 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

Yes 2017, we’ve only had 2019 and 2022 since, in what world do Glastonbury need to rebook an act so soon? Especially when there are supposedly no female artists headlining. “I know, let’s rebook a white male guitar act from two festivals ago”.

It’s not being a Debbie downer, just using a fraction of common sense. 

Where is Debbie Downer playing? 

1 minute ago, Zacko said:

Festival lineups across the board really are so so average this year aren't they? 

I think so as well. There's still good stuff obviously, but for me they're in smaller acts. In terms of headliners it's a bit disappointing. It has surprised me a bit with the pandemic as I thought more big names would be about but there's a lot of typical names about.