Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

14 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Matt would of probably had the thread shut down the second he believed GnR were in if it was his forum.

Where as the discussion for this years headliners, he changed his mind on a weekly basis and pretty much up until the last minute believed it was Harry Styles with almost certainty. 

You're forgetting that nobody knows the future of Glastonbury Festival more than Matt. He's the only one with a finger on the Worthy Farm pulse.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, DeanoL said:

1. No because that's a male solo artist with a band.

2. Has to be for the band they are playing with yes. Most session musicians at least dabble with writing.

3. I covered this. A majority of what is performed so 50%.

1. Kurt Cobain wrote virtually all of Nirvana's songs but no one considers Nirvana a solo artist with a band and there are 10,000's of bands with a similar set up.

2. Fair enough

3. I'm not the biggest Fleetwood Mac fan but I don't think Christine McVie and Stevie Nicks wrote 50% of the songs fleetwood mac would preform. Assuming I am right then they would not count even though most people would think they do. Unless you gave special dispensation to female singers which as I said I don't agree with

17 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Ladbaby and the female Ladbaby have good female representation

I'd put my ticket back in the pot

3 hours ago, stuie said:

It's OK, we've got the rest of the festival to console ourselves with.  

What will be at Indio in April is of little concern to us. 

Happy Christmas!

Could very well throw some acts in the mix, its 100% one to watch

15 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Its kinda funny how uptight people get when some people suggest 'How about we have more diversity in music' or 'why don't we have more females topping the lineups' 

You've completely misunderstood my position. I am all in favour of more female musicians on stage and more diversity. I am just pointing the complications and weird decisions one has to make while trying to implement it as a policy  

When it comes to what counts as a female act I think there is only two reasonable ways to look at it. Either you have to say:

anyone with at least one band member who identifies as female (so franz ferdinand, primal scream, bloc party, guns n roses all count) or the definition is never defined and it is up to the individual bookers discretion but this will probably result in people complaining a festival has not met the 50/50 split as their definition of what counts as a female act is different to the booker's definition.

I think think the second option is the best choice

And if you are to try to introduce a similar racial split where do you even start with that? Someone would have to decide who is and isn't a certain race, that way madness lies. If Glastonbury keeps doing what it is doing in booking acts in almost every genre then racial diversity comes from that

9 minutes ago, sauceageroll said:

Heard from a close friend who has a relative work in visual entertainment for touring acts that Elton is exploring the idea of a hologram of Tupac for Ghetto Gospel. He had enjoyed an egg-nog or two but usually pretty accurate with this type of stuff. 

A song he's never played live? Nope. Not happening.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Does anyone listen to Ladbaby outside of this odd monopoly they've been given on the Christmas number 1 slot?

I’d never heard of him until people were posting about it on here last year. 

Very easy to avoid if you don’t read or watch the news and don’t listen to radio one. 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

I’d never heard of him until people were posting about it on here last year. 

Very easy to avoid if you don’t read or watch the news and don’t listen to radio one. 

I think I last listened to Radio 1 in 2015 because I couldn't get anything else on my car stereo while on a long drive home. So given I don't, I've probably escaped that way.

On 12/25/2022 at 11:50 PM, Superscally said:

I'm not one for swearing on Christmas much, but those two absolute c**tS can get fucked.

Awful people, making shite music at a time where musical quality doesn't register, raising six figures for charity. Honestly mate, there's a lot to get annoyed by these days, but it's not this.

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

It's more of a case that for asking if it is ever played with any regularity outside of Christmas time.

Ah my mistake, misread what you said. No is the answer though - they only have made christmas songs i think

5 hours ago, kalifire said:

Awful people, making shite music at a time where musical quality doesn't register, raising six figures for charity. Honestly mate, there's a lot to get annoyed by these days, but it's not this.

Errrr...them only donating profits from physical sales, no other revenue including the production and marketing which their own company is invoicing for, keeping all streaming and PRS revenue and using the good name of the Trussel Trust to keep their gurning faces in the public eye to sell sausage roll merchandise, get Gregg's sponsorship deal, all the while voting Tory and being part of the reason why food banks are needed. The cheeky, shameless bustards. There's every fucking reason to be annoyed. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 19

2 hours ago, Superscally said:

Errrr...them only donating profits from physical sales, no other revenue including the production and marketing which their own company is invoicing for, keeping all streaming and PRS revenue and using the good name of the Trussel Trust to keep their gurning faces in the public eye to sell sausage roll merchandise, get Gregg's sponsorship deal, all the while voting Tory and being part of the reason why food banks are needed. The cheeky, shameless bustards. There's every fucking reason to be annoyed. 

True word said. LadBaby is doing absolutely jack shit for charity. 

3 hours ago, Superscally said:

100% agree with this, fed up of the LadBaby support - really really really don't understand it, never mind the actual lyrics of this years song, it is basically just a mockery and parody at this point about people who are genuinely suffering, all for their own commercial gain. 

10 hours ago, Superscally said:

They only donate the cash from physical sales?