Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

You're seriously responding to someone talking about a massive band headlining a festival, when sources have suggested it's happening, with this vile nonsense? It's not stinking up the forum, it's what the forum has always been for. Your strange dislike of one particular band is making you extremely irrational and even nasty on this. 

If there's anyone out there who Neil trusts, please step in. 

you trust me enough to have used my website for many years.

11 minutes ago, Scrump said:

Do they? I love my music but wouldn't say my fingers on the pulse so apply pinch of salt to the below... But 2019 had the killers and the cure. I don't think they're that big a deal but am more than happy to be wrong 😊

I agree with you to an extent! The Cure are cultural touchstones though, even though they haven't had a hit in ages.  And even though I don't really care for the Killers, more people than I would expect show up to their gigs. Baffles me to a degree, but your average person just adores them

Edited by Olshansky
spelling

I don't know why I'm so invested in the headliner announcements when I hate big crowds so if anything bands I don't like would be preferable so I can more easily justify seeing smaller headliners.

I guess it's just because they're almost definitely going to be the only bands we get confirmed until next March, right?

3 minutes ago, churlie100 said:

I don't know why I'm so invested in the headliner announcements when I hate big crowds so if anything bands I don't like would be preferable so I can more easily justify seeing smaller headliners.

I guess it's just because they're almost definitely going to be the only bands we get confirmed until next March, right?

I notice this is your first Glasto too, you'll have the best time ever but just mentally prepare yourself that this is very hard to avoid even away from Pyramid! Early doors West Holts for a bit of Jazz and cider in the sun is your best bet for some relative peace 🙂

24 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

Well this thread is as fun as the last one at least.

Calling it at Arctic Monkeys, Blur, Rihanna.

GNR are not playing Glastonbury based on nothing more than a gut feeling. They feel like a real ill fit, offer nothing at all.

I feel the festival would see Artic Monkeys and Blur as too similar to book both on one line up

8 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

I notice this is your first Glasto too, you'll have the best time ever but just mentally prepare yourself that this is very hard to avoid even away from Pyramid! Early doors West Holts for a bit of Jazz and cider in the sun is your best bet for some relative peace 🙂

Yeah I mean I was at Primavera Sound this year and that was 95,000 capacity with significantly fewer stages. I was fine there other than at their main stages during the evening so I'm hoping i can handle most of it. Luckily I like a lot of smaller bands and newer music so I'm hoping there's plenty on the smaller stages to keep me happy and away from the big surges.

4 minutes ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

I feel the festival would see Artic Monkeys and Blur as too similar to book both on one line up

Do agree, though I'm wondering if they fell back on them as friends of the festival and past headliners though if rumours of other acts pulling out are true