2024 Headliners

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Coldplay are the sort of soppy buggers to throw out their tour setlist and do something special for Glastonbury like doing a set drawn just from the first couple of albums exactly like people want. They will be thinking about how they top 2016.

This has been mooted in our WhatApp as well and I'm not entirely against the idea. Mellowing with age.

Probably not. Theyll keep the main bones of the show in there cause as mentioned above, the new material keeps things uptempo and such. I mean a special guest would be the route they go most likely again.  They probably wont do anything with the first 2 albums til they turn 25 which is coming up quick. 

Edited by Suprefan

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Coldplay are the sort of soppy buggers to throw out their tour setlist and do something special for Glastonbury like doing a set drawn just from the first couple of albums exactly like people want. They will be thinking about how they top 2016.

This has been mooted in our WhatApp as well and I'm not entirely against the idea. Mellowing with age.

One of those fan-voted setlists (a la Metallica) might be a fun idea, if it does seem like their show will be a one-off.

9 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

It really wasn't. Having a flashing wristband doesn't make a set better.

If you weren't there, I don't think you can comment. I was for both and the atmosphere made 2016 better. Finishing the weekend, plus the Viola Beach tribute and you may have not like the Stayin'Alive bit, but it was off the chain brilliant. Oh yeah and the wristbands were brill.

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

If you weren't there, I don't think you can comment. I was for both and the atmosphere made 2016 better. Finishing the weekend, plus the Viola Beach tribute and you may have not like the Stayin'Alive bit, but it was off the chain brilliant. Oh yeah and the wristbands were brill.

It was an amazing night at the farm 

2 hours ago, Superscally said:

It's a fair point, and the Viola Beach bit was special, but the setlist is for the main part, awful in comparison to 2011.

11 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Yeah QOTSA did it. Metallica’s Glastonbury set wasn’t fan voted but all the other shows they did on that tour were - I believe that was kind of how Sonisphere got around them no longer being an exclusive. 

To be fair, that Metallica set was pretty much straight-up gold dust in '14 here.

9 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

It's a fair point, and the Viola Beach bit was special, but the setlist is for the main part, awful in comparison to 2011.

I actually cannot remember the 2011 setlist off the top of my head, but there were very few duds in 2016 outside of the material from A Head Full of Dreams, which as a record, I don't think has necessarily aged that well.

But everything else is pretty much a hit, and probably because of the emotional high I was on, Barry Gibb and Michael Eavis just took it stratospheric. It's strange; I compile that set as a Spotify playlist, and I'll zone out at points, but I was hooked like a fish all the way through.

My go at a fan based set list for next year.

1. Higher Power

2. Adventure of a lifetime 

3. Politik

4. The Scientist 

5. Head full of stars

6 Paradise

7. God put a small on my face

8. In my place

9. Charlie Brown

10. Clocks

11. Shiver

12. Every tear drop is a waterfall.

13. Us against the world

14. Hymn for the weekend 

15. Speed of sound

16. People of the pride

17. Yellow

18. Viva la Vida

19. Fix You.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Probably not. Theyll keep the main bones of the show in there cause as mentioned above, the new material keeps things uptempo and such. I mean a special guest would be the route they go most likely again.  They probably wont do anything with the first 2 albums til they turn 25 which is coming up quick. 

Yeah I think you're right. In 2016 they basically imported their tour set at the time. I think they'd do the same with their current tour if they play next year. The unique Glasto set will be saved for when they perform for the final time on the Pyramid.

13 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

1. Higher Power

3. Politik

4. The Scientist 

5. Head full of stars

6 Paradise

8. In my place

9. Charlie Brown

10. Clocks

11. Shiver

13. Us against the world

14. Hymn for the weekend 

15. Speed of sound

16. People of the pride

17. Yellow

18. Viva la Vida

19. Fix You.

Immense. Add Everything's Not Lost somehow and it's not far off perfect!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, westholtschic said:

1. Higher Power

3. Politik

4. The Scientist 

5. Head full of stars

6 Paradise

8. In my place

9. Charlie Brown

10. Clocks

11. Shiver

13. Us against the world

14. Hymn for the weekend 

15. Speed of sound

16. People of the pride

17. Yellow

18. Viva la Vida

19. Fix You.

I'd bin People of the Pride for Everglow and finish with Viva...but not bad. Reckon you can get two more in as well

Chris Martin still popping up everywhere even down under - apparently couple getting married in the park in Perth had unexpected visit from the man himself- they’d been walking down aisle to a Coldplay song and he happened to be nearby and jumped over a fence to say hi!! 

b5a88681-a9cd-44e9-8118-bd2c4d49a320.jpeg

2 hours ago, sedra said:

Chris Martin still popping up everywhere even down under - apparently couple getting married in the park in Perth had unexpected visit from the man himself- they’d been walking down aisle to a Coldplay song and he happened to be nearby and jumped over a fence to say hi!! 

b5a88681-a9cd-44e9-8118-bd2c4d49a320.jpeg

Yes, there has been a definite buzz around here. Kind of odd.

You can tell not much happens here.

4 hours ago, westholtschic said:

1. Higher Power

3. Politik

4. The Scientist 

5. Head full of stars

6 Paradise

8. In my place

9. Charlie Brown

10. Clocks

11. Shiver

13. Us against the world

14. Hymn for the weekend 

15. Speed of sound

16. People of the pride

17. Yellow

18. Viva la Vida

19. Fix You.

This setlist will be better than the real thing, they consistently play poor songs off the last album (Biutyful, My Universe, Humankind) at the expense of much better earlier songs (Speed of Sound, doesn’t get a look in but always considered it one of their best). 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Superscally said:

U2 were f**king ace

I don't think they helped themselves by plonking it directly between two dates on a US tour, so doing Baltimore on a Wednesday, Glasto on a Friday then back to Michigan for the Sunday. They really should've given themselves time to be not jetlagged.

That and Bono has said they couldn't hear their keyboards due to issues with the changeover after the pre-show DJ so they came in on the opening song in the wrong places, which didn't help. A shame as I love the Zoo TV aesthetic & Achtung Baby so starting off with 5 songs off AB in a row slathered in Zoo TV-esque imagery would've been a home run for me.

11 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Did QOTSA do this for 2011 or have I got it mixed up with Metallica?

8 hours ago, internetjef said:

Yes they did was absolutely tremendous 

I like that they were willing to do it with full commitment tbf. I remember in 2010 Muse did a big "Choose a song on the setlist" poll where they'd pick a song from 5, only for it to almost all be the usual hits or Bliss or Citizen Erased (the latter of which made the Glasto set), and even then, by about halfway through that leg of the tour they dumped the idea.