2024 Headliners

Just now, incident said:

By the same token, surely they wouldn't book Billie Eilish? The demographic is probably just as young. Maybe even younger.

Cause all the glasto veterans were there the year she played in 2019, heard that Bad Guy song on Radio 2 and watched the Bond film.

24 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I too would probably rather have seen the Stones 2013 set in a small blues club...but what you gonna do? 

Seeing sh*t in the middle of a ginormocrowd in front of the Pyramid is also right at the peak of human experience. At that point you're in the smallest percentile of the luckiest people on the planet.

I thought it would be amazing. I love the Stones. 

It was sh*t. They were sh*t. 

Caveat, 2013 was not a good year for me. 

I've seen the Stones nuff times. 

But something about the vibe of that entire day - the entire weekend if I'm honest - was the good sh*t. Made better by the fact that we didn't want to waste the day I'm front of El Pointo so rocked up towards the end of Primal Scream but still ended up looking the auld rascals in the whites of their eyes.

And then they deployed that setlist.

21 minutes ago, incident said:

By the same token, surely they wouldn't book Billie Eilish? The demographic is probably just as young. Maybe even younger.

At least I'd heard of Billy Eilish and had even heard some of her tunes (and I don't just mean the Bond theme).

Hadn't heard of SZA until they popped up in this thread (I'm 71 by the way 🤣)

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Fine not to have heard of her. More about whether that provokes a positive, neutral or negative reaction.  And its the latter that can get in the bin.

Exactly this. If you are out of touch with modern music and haven't heard of SZA, then that's fine.

But to say she shouldn't be headlining the festival (especially given the issues with Madonna/Stevie W), is just moaning for the sake of it.

3 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Emily kept make excuses for why they didn't have a female headliner, yet could have easily made Lana headliner rather than GNR. So this is a valid complaint.

Not really… she had everyone else’s headliner headline her second stage! That’s not losing. 

5 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Emily kept make excuses for why they didn't have a female headliner, yet could have easily made Lana headliner rather than GNR. So this is a valid complaint.

I'd have more sympathy with this if she'd packed out the Other Stage field.

To be clear I'm not suggesting she got a small crowd - just not one that was big enough to suggest she should have been playing a field more than 3 times the size instead.

3 minutes ago, incident said:

I'd have more sympathy with this if she'd packed out the Other Stage field.

To be clear I'm not suggesting she got a small crowd - just not one that was big enough to suggest she should have been playing a field more than 3 times the size instead.

It was a massive crowd at the time she was due on stage.

It was significantly smaller when she arrived 

Recon she lost as much as  50% of the people that were there at the start time. 

It was circulating that she had pulled out.

To much competition at Glasto to be that late

Edited by Ben7amin_