2024 Headliners

I think a trio of Coldplay-Dua Lipa-Olivia Rodrigo is much more fresh and better than Coldplay-Dua Lipa-The Killers/Kings of Leon/Foo Fighters, feels a bit stale. But if Madonna was really going to headline and then they went to Stevie Wonder there must be a reason they didn't try go straight for Stevie unless she was already booked to sub which I doubt anyway so it's possibly she doesn't want to do it which may leave the 2nd option more likely. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/4/2024 at 7:31 PM, sokkovokna said:

I think Dua Lipa, Olivia Rodrigo and Pulp would be a good trio of headliners.

Still hoping for this. Two fresh contemporary female acts and a first proper announced show for Pulp since 26 years (which would be a lot fresher than Coldplay).

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, foolee said:

I think a trio of Coldplay-Dua Lipa-Olivia Rodrigo is much more fresh and better than Coldplay-Dua Lipa-The Killers/Kings of Leon/Foo Fighters, feels a bit stale. But if Madonna was really going to headline and then they went to Stevie Wonder there must be a reason they didn't try go straight for Stevie unless she was already booked to sub which I doubt anyway so it's possibly she doesn't want to do it which may leave the 2nd option more likely. 

Madonna doesn’t do sub… not even for the musical genius Stevie Wonder!

I agree with you that another man band isn’t the headliner the festival needs this year so I’d much rather they take a punt on O Rod. 

Although that makes it sting a bit that they didn’t do the same for Lizzo last year because she would have smashed it. 

2 minutes ago, Franky said:

What have I missed? Stevie now out? 🙏🙏

Yes, apparently a reliable source has said he’s out of BST, meaning almost certainly Glastonbury (similar to how the Madonna rumours broke down?). Whether he had signed/sealed and pulled out or was in some stage of moderate level of negotiations that broke down is speculation. Glasto have to replace with whoever the biggest act available is, which by common consensus will be no one as decent as stevie.

And whether this all happened this morning leaving glasto scrambling, or is actually old news and not to worry glasto already have a substitute headliner sorted, is again anyone’s guess! I know a lot of us were hoping for an announcement tomorrow (based on nothing) so that’s very much up in the air too.

think that’s a close-enough summary!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Why are so many people annoyed that this discussion exists?

I’ve no idea. Seeing people open a thread called ‘2024 Headliners’ and then complain about seeing discussion about the 2024 Headliners is bizarre.

3 hours ago, incident said:

No.

The poster put a near-complete* set of BST dates on here, and specifically gave names and dates for both Stevie Wonder and Stevie Nicks.

*the only date/name missed was Kylie.

It was this. I saw it elsewhere as well:

Fri 28 June - Stevie Wonder
Sat 29 June - SZA
Sun 30 June - Kings of Leon

Fri 5 July - Andrea Bocelli
Sat 6 July - Robbie Williams
Sun 7 July - Shania Twain

Fri 12 July - Stevie Nicks
Sun 14 July - Stray Kids

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Well, I kind of think the opposite. As everyone has been so convinced that it was a Stevie-Dua-Coldplay lock, there’s been no further discussion.

Discussion can be based on availability, activity, GSH’s etc.  When some people present something as fact there’s little discussion to be had apart from stating you don’t believe it. 

Exactly 😀

And I think there will be another curveball too before we’re done. 

there's been little discussion cause about half the forum's regular posters left due to the previous owner and post elsewhere. Including most of the in the knows. The muse adele coldplay year it was known in advance but it still has way more discussion

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

there's been little discussion cause about half the forum's regular posters left due to the previous owner and post elsewhere. Including most of the in the knows. The muse adele coldplay year it was known in advance but it still has way more discussion

speculation that unless you can put any figures on it ?  yeah sure many did and they are absolutely welcome back at any point and many frequent both under the new ownership as we take this site forward there is plenty of information still being given . and hopefully the calmer site will encourage more going forwards . FYI 800 people browsing the forums right now 

Edited by Crazyfool01
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

speculation that unless you can put any figures on it ?  yeah sure many did and they are absolutely welcome back at any point and many frequent both under the new ownership as we take this site forward there is plenty of information still being given . and hopefully the calmer site will encourage more going forwards . FYI 800 people browsing the forums right now 

I can’t put figures on it but there’s over 2k people in the discord. In terms of in the know, I know for a fact numerous people who used to give good info on here are now in there. 

You can see with your own eyes that this thread is way quieter than previous years, some years reached over 1000 pages. 

You can also clearly see numerous old posters aren’t here anymore