2024 Headliners

17 minutes ago, Drinky said:

The last two times Coldplay have brought something special and memorable (the crazy Pyramid light up projector towers in 2011, then Barry Gibb’s Party Soundsystem and the Viola Beach tribute in 2016). Even the Kylie cover in 2005 low-key went off.

I’m sure they’re cooking up something good.

Agreed. They won't just phone it in.

Can't believe I have to caveat my previous post but IN MY OPINION it's not looking like a stellar year, both in terms of the proposed trio NOT BEING TO MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE and also looking at who else is out there at other festivals and big gigs there seems to be a dearth of acts on the circuit this year THAT SATISFY MY TASTES. I can't see much in the way of curveballs out there to get too excited about.

AND YES I KNOW IT'S NOT JUST HEADLINERS, PLENTY OF STAGES, ETC TO FOCUS ON

Just so everyone is aware the above is just an opinion and not stated as fact.

Thank you and God bless.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Can't believe I have to caveat my previous post but IN MY OPINION it's not looking like a stellar year, both in terms of the proposed trio NOT BEING TO MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE and also looking at who else is out there at other festivals and big gigs there seems to be a dearth of acts on the circuit this year THAT SATISFY MY TASTES. I can't see much in the way of curveballs out there to get too excited about.

Thank you and God bless.

Just adding the finishing touches to my new signature:

This is a personal post. Any views or opinions represented in this post are personal opinion only and belong solely to the author and do not represent those of people, institutions or organisations that the owner may or may not be associated with in professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly stated. Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any artist, group, band, fan club, festival, organisation, company, or individual.

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Just adding the finishing touches to my new signature:

This is a personal post. Any views or opinions represented in this post are personal opinion only and belong solely to the author and do not represent those of people, institutions or organisations that the owner may or may not be associated with in professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly stated. Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any artist, group, band, fan club, festival, organisation, company, or individual, with the exception of Mumford and Sons

fixed it for you

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, 1986 said:

I think people were saying the same thing last year that there is no one about and festivals were looking weak.

Can't be the case every year surely? (Don't call me Shirley).

After nearly getting Taylor, Macca, Kendrick, Lana Del Rey, DiRo, Dua Lipa, PSB, and Aerosmith all in the same year (and plenty more cracking names beyond that) - from now everything is going to look weak.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Thank you and God bless.

Still you think you need to listen to some techno.

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

No one's going to write "in my opinion" after every single post - you can take it as read.

Yes...I get this I'm not suggesting that. 🙈 I mean in terms of the mindset. I don't understand it. If you want to see a particular person on a lineup, just book tickets to see them.

Also, there's a big difference between having an opinion and just actively being negative and putting a repetitive dampener. I think we all know the difference. 

You're fine and dandy

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Thank you and God bless.

This is a much more intelligent and interesting read 👍🏼I hope you get to catch some of your favourites live this year, wherever that may be 

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

37 minutes ago, incident said:

After nearly getting Taylor, Macca, Kendrick, Lana Del Rey, DiRo, Dua Lipa, PSB, and Aerosmith all in the same year (and plenty more cracking names beyond that) - from now everything is going to look weak.

I looked back at this line up the other day and it literally was perfect. I would kill to have seen the full stage times.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, incident said:

Nope. Not every is bothered about getting Kendrick, DiRo or PSB.

17 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Nope. Not every is bothered about getting Kendrick, DiRo or PSB.

You know I mentioned more than 3 names right?

If you genuinely look at that 2020 poster and think "that's not very strong" then fair enough. But I can safely say you'd be in a tiny minority.

The last year I got genuinely excited by the lineup was 2014 and then my boy happened 🤦‍♂️ (see signature) 

Personally and IMHO 😉 I don’t give a flying f**k who’s playing, despite my berating of aged rock groups who are 30 years (some closer to 50 years) past their best being booked. 

I go for the atmosphere and love, yeah puke if you want at my cheesy sentiment. First thing I do when I’m through the gates is get out of everyone’s way and then run my fingers through the grass (Gladiator style) before starting the slog to chosen camping field. 

if you can’t find something to entertain you at any given time at Glastonbury then you’ve wasted a ticket and should be banned from purchasing one ever again. 

All of course IMHO 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Franky said:

The last year I got genuinely excited by the lineup was 2014 and then my boy happened 🤦‍♂️ (see signature) 

Personally and IMHO 😉 I don’t give a flying f**k who’s playing, despite my berating of aged rock groups who are 30 years (some closer to 50 years) past their best being booked. 

I go for the atmosphere and love, yeah puke if you want at my cheesy sentiment. First thing I do when I’m through the gates is get out of everyone’s way and then run my fingers through the grass (Gladiator style) before starting the slog to chosen camping field. 

if you can’t find something to entertain you at any given time at Glastonbury then you’ve wasted a ticket and should be banned from purchasing one ever again. 

All of course IMHO 😉

Can't argue with that. 

Even if someone wanted to you've got a disclaimer on there so you're all good 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Wish I could be optimistic about Stevie Nicks, but there's a two week stretch between the G and her rumoured BST show and I expect she's not just going to be using it go hiking in the Cotswolds.

Narrow boat on the Kennet & Avon canal?

50 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

I looked back at this line up the other day and it literally was perfect. I would kill to have seen the full stage times.

It's bad enough knowing the line up.

Then maybe finding out you wouldn't have had clashes either would be even worse!