2024 Headliners

Just now, Neville Street said:

Same here. With Bruce I had the same feeling, but want it to be him because I really like him, but really there are a few of these great headliners from the last 20 years that are a “one and done” and Stevie was one of those in my opinion. The one that tried to do it twice was The Who and that second appearance should be a cautionary tale for the festival and the performers.

Exact same scenario with The Who and Stevie though - original plan fell through and they’ve had to bring in an old ‘one and done’ act who just happens to be playing local around the time as a replacement. I don’t think Stevie would’ve ever been considered again as first option, but as a backup he’s a hell of a get. 

13 minutes ago, BeddyDriver said:

Is there any reason the speculation has backed away from Emily`s previous 2 female headliner statement ??   Ariana Grande is up there with the big streamers and been mooted in the past ? Is there a reason she isnt being considered ?

She said "might", not "will".

In the same interview, she talked about having had a phone call "last week" about a big American act.

It's fairly safe to assume that if the phone call came the week before, then the big act was still a way off being signed, sealed, delivered - so the "might" likely depended on whether or not that act ended up being confirmed.

5 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

Same here. With Bruce I had the same feeling, but want it to be him because I really like him, but really there are a few of these great headliners from the last 20 years that are a “one and done” and Stevie was one of those in my opinion. The one that tried to do it twice was The Who and that second appearance should be a cautionary tale for the festival and the performers.

Personally, and I'm not trying to be controversial here, but I've never really got the "one and done" in and of itself.  I think there are always going to be acts which are only big enough to headline glasto once or circumstances mean it only happens once (your Mumford & Son's, Kasabian) but if an act is big enough to headline and there is enough time in-between performances then surely acts can headline more than once. 

I've heard people say that people like Ed Sheeran, Beyonce, Adele are all "one and done's" but I don't see that. 

Stevie is interesting because there isn't any new music so likely a pretty similar show, but I think it is long enough ago not to matter.

11 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I've heard people say that people like Ed Sheeran, Beyonce, Adele are all "one and done's" but I don't see that. 

I've always seen this more from the artist/band perspective - especially the 3 you mention - they've done it, done it good, was well received, nothing more to gain by returning to do the same thing again, that might go as well but might now. 

Mumford's etc won't be back and were once and done because the value of their stock has fallen. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That seems to have been the original plan - but they've switched the nights around for all three to accommodate Stevie...

Sorry I've not really been following the past few weeks...where did the Stevie rumour start and how genuine do we think it is?

16 minutes ago, HH46810 said:

Sorry I've not really been following the past few weeks...where did the Stevie rumour start and how genuine do we think it is?

Started with a reliable poster saying elsewhere he’d  been booked for BST and Glastonbury a few days ago . I recieved info yesterday that Madonna was out of bst and Stevie in , that didn’t mention Glastonbury but all the peices seem to fit the jigsaw 

Edited by Crazyfool01

39 minutes ago, stuie said:

I've always seen this more from the artist/band perspective - especially the 3 you mention - they've done it, done it good, was well received, nothing more to gain by returning to do the same thing again, that might go as well but might now. 

Mumford's etc won't be back and were once and done because the value of their stock has fallen. 

Yeah for plenty of the big stars it's simply a case of ticking it off as a major career milestone. Headlining Glastonbury is obviously a massive deal (especially for UK based acts or at least those with a strong affinity with the UK) and it adds to an act's legacy, but it is still just a gig and plenty aren't going to schlep back to Pilton for the modest fee on offer when there'll be bigger paydays elsewhere.

53 minutes ago, HH46810 said:

A friend who knows someone who works for Dua Lipa's record label told me she's Friday night. We shall see..

This would sit with what Id heard this week, Dua on Friday, with Coldplay on the Saturday, and another female artist on the Sunday, although no name was forthcoming 😄    This is in at least part of why I'm skeptical of the Stevie thing. Not sure how much reliability I can give the source mind other than to see they are very much in touch with things.

7 minutes ago, BeddyDriver said:

This would sit with what Id heard this week, Dua on Friday, with Coldplay on the Saturday, and another female artist on the Sunday, although no name was forthcoming 😄    This is in at least part of why I'm skeptical of the Stevie thing. Not sure how much reliability I can give the source mind other than to see they are very much in touch with things.

A couple of weeks ago, that was exactly the understanding on this thread - Dua Friday, Coldplay Saturday, Madonna Sunday.

Since then, multiple and fairly credible sources have said that Madonna is out (was supposed to be doing Glasto alongside BST, this does not seem forthcoming, she has nothing scheduled past April, and nothing to suggest that she's adapting her arena show for stadiums/festivals); and Stevie Wonder is in for both BST and Glastonbury.  But, that Stevie is doing Glasto Friday and BST Sunday, which has caused a rejig of the days for everybody else.

As for the "2 female headliners" thing - I agree with others who say that this was an aspiration more than a commitment; and also let's remember that the Sunday legend "counts" as a headliner in a lot of what Emily says publicly.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, reliable sources may get unreliable information. Things change, deals fall through and I’d even go as far as to suggest wrong information gets leaked intentionally. 

Dua - Coldplay - Madge.

8 minutes ago, goonerben said:

A couple of weeks ago, that was exactly the understanding on this thread - Dua Friday, Coldplay Saturday, Madonna Sunday.

Since then, multiple and fairly credible sources have said that Madonna is out (was supposed to be doing Glasto alongside BST, this does not seem forthcoming, she has nothing scheduled past April, and nothing to suggest that she's adapting her arena show for stadiums/festivals); and Stevie Wonder is in for both BST and Glastonbury.  But, that Stevie is doing Glasto Friday and BST Sunday, which has caused a rejig of the days for everybody else.

As for the "2 female headliners" thing - I agree with others who say that this was an aspiration more than a commitment; and also let's remember that the Sunday legend "counts" as a headliner in a lot of what Emily says publicly.

yes this is fully understandable if Stevie is a correct shout , but there seems to be a lot of making things fit around Stevie, on the basis of him being at BST. My conversation this week appeared to revolve around the alternative still being a female artist !

1 hour ago, incident said:

She said "might", not "will".

In the same interview, she talked about having had a phone call "last week" about a big American act.

It's fairly safe to assume that if the phone call came the week before, then the big act was still a way off being signed, sealed, delivered - so the "might" likely depended on whether or not that act ended up being confirmed.

I see what you did there.

Nice....!

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, reliable sources may get unreliable information. Things change, deals fall through and I’d even go as far as to suggest wrong information gets leaked intentionally. 

Dua - Coldplay - Madge.

yes of course they do. As far as I'm concerned my contact could have been trying to throw me off the Stevie scent, but that certainly wasn't the impression they left me with  😄

3 minutes ago, BeddyDriver said:

yes of course they do. As far as I'm concerned my contact could have been trying to throw me off the Stevie scent, but that certainly wasn't the impression they left me with  😄

If your contact is right they're right - but any idea why they can name Dua Lipa and Coldplay but not the third headliner?

3 hours ago, Colorblindjames said:

Any actual evidence? Everyone is getting called a racist these days for supporting Palestine. 

Sure:

Here's the tl;dr of the above (with lots of screenshots and links omitted for C&P purposes):

Claire has been actively engaging with a lot of racist individuals and movements recently. These aren’t the type of people who’s racism can be debated. These are card carrying, out and proud racists who are known mainly for their racism and who’s life’s work, or entire personas revolve around racism. That and several racist twitter accounts— accounts that no one could claim to follow accidentally or misinterpret.

Spergler Acolyte

She was following the extremely racist nazi spergler from her main account, but unfollowed after these posts came out (even further evidence she reads r/grimezs) https://www.reddit.com/r/Fauxmoi/comments/12nb35r/grimes_likes_total_nier_death_genocide_meme/

She is now following him again as of 12/31/23 , after all of this. So she absolutely knows what shes doing and what it means. This is no whoopsie moment. His account is full of rancid misogynistic, pedophilic, and racist tweets.

BorealBaron will be lumped in with spergler, since spergler retweets him a lot. Another vile account. Note the swastika on the pro-grimes post. Nice. It would be bad enough to follow these accounts from her friends only account — but shes following them on her main account.

Razib Khan

she is friends with racist acedemic razib khan, known for his racism. It’s one thing to be friends with someone, but to post a public photo of it is a whole extra layer of support. She follows him on multiple accounts.

Razib Khan was **personally hired by *Richard Spencer*** (a very famous nazi) and wrote for his publication. Khan also questioned if bonobo apes should be considered as humans, as *he found them more human-like than black people.*

Curtis Yarvin:

Curtis Yarvin expresses the belief that white people are genetically endowed with higher IQs than black people. He has suggested race may determine whether individuals are better suited for slavery, and his writing has been interpreted as supportive of the institution of slavery. He promotes the idea that the Earth and eventually Mars should be governed by ai with a “god/ceo” at the helm, his personal pick being Elon Musk. Deeply involved with the dark enlightenment

https://www.inc.com/tess-townsend/why-it-matters-that-an-obscure-programming-conference-is-hosting-mencius-moldbug.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Enlightenment

some more context behind her song “We Appreciate Power” which Grimes claimed is “propaganda” which we all interpretted as being ficiticious. When this threadreader post came out, most would write it off as being a coiincidence or far fetched. But in 2023, she attended and DJ’d his birthday party. Even drawing him a custom happy birthday message.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1108493440382169089.html

Palladium Magazine

In December 2022, Grimes attended a holiday fundraising party for the San Francisco political think tank and magazine Palladium, which was founded by the Neo Nazi activist Jonah Bennett. Palladium receives much of its capital investment from Peter Thiel, whose Hereticon “free speech” conservative conference (a haven for hate speech) Grimes had also previously done a private DJ set for, in January 2022. Grimes publicly tweeted about her participation in both Hereticon and the Palladium party. Also, there were many pictures of her at the Palladium party shared by the editors of Palladium and then retweeted by Grimes. These pictures show Grimes together with her own friends who also attended, and some show the magazine’s current editors (not Bennett, but close associates of him, most notably Wolf Tivy) who she frequently interacted with on twitter in the weeks after the party (they were also mutuals). Jonah Bennett himself also appears to have attended the party, despite not being pictured together with Grimes, as he retweeted one of the other Palladium editors’ tweet celebrating the importance of Grimes attending the party and showing how far Palladium has come to gain such a prominent artist’s support. Since the last paragraph was written, she has appeared on the cover of Palladium adding more support to this racist technophilic publication. For more context on Jonah Bennet and his racism here is an entire twitter account dedicated to exposing it: https://twitter.com/jbennettquotes

“Technophilic Pronatalism”

(Eugenic White Supremacist Breeding Cult)

https://cne.news/article/2163-three-women-ten-children-how-elon-musk-tries-to-save-the-world

Grimes has also been exploring eugenics. The celebrity eugenics couple from Connecticut, the Collinses, had an extensive interview with Business Insider last year. The piece painted an incredibly disturbing picture of what the Collinses are all about, but it stuck to facts and didn't editorialize, earning the praise of the Collinses themselves, who called the article very accurate. This is relevant to Grimes because she receives a mention in the article-the Collinses tell the journalist that Grimes reached out to their group seeking to get involved in the cause of eugenics. Grimes nor the Collinses did not ever deny that this occurred. It also fits with some of her own public statements supporting "the Mission." The Mission is a cult created by Elon Musk with a mission of breeding a superior race of humans on Mars. Grimes, although no longer involved romantically with Musk, recently said promoting the Mission is now her main purpose in life, describing music as a mere "side quest."

Dogwhistles and far right talking points:

“If i could be anyone from the past, i would be hitler or stalin”

saying “men and females” vs “men and women” is a 4chan meme and a known far right dog whistle, she is dog whistling in a way that it goes over 99% of the fans heads, but anyone who is a racist, sexist edgelord (or anyone simply aware of their lexicon) will pick up on it immediately. she knows exactly what she is doing. It’s so known there is an entire subreddit dedicated to calling it out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MenAndFemales/comments/12oq8k6/grimes/

"Lebensraum"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Grimes/comments/10n4esi/on_international_holocaust_remembrance_day/

"Retvrn"

what "retvrn" means to people who know:

It comes from the white supremacist phrase “retvrn to evropa” (lines up with her lyrics too hmm)

In Summary, her actual views on race and gender seemingly align perfectly with people in the far right who think women aren't as smart as men, POC aren't as smart as white people, and asian women are superior and sexiest. spergler acolyte being a prime example of the type of people who share these views. Any of these situations on their own is questionable enough, but when combined together squander any reasonable doubt that she is a racist, a bigot, or the modern definition of a “nazi” which in 2024 is just the common slur for anyone who is a white supremacist like Richard Spencer. This is not a list of all of her controversies, just the racist stuff for this specific post.

other racists she follows as of 1/2/24 (feel free to add more to the list in comments and i will do my best to update)

u/the_hellenist a racist, fascist account who claire follows and has liked several tweets of. talks about roman empire collapsing because of the jews.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grimezs/comments/zegxqr/grimes_really_does_follow_interesting_people/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=2&utm_term=1&rdt=43826

bronze age pervert - known racist, entire persona based around racism “i believe in fascism or something worse”

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2023/10/bronze-age-pervert-costin-alamariu/

Andrew Tate - a sex trafficker and famous misogynist piece of sh*t. You all already know. Yes, she follows him.

Aella - controversial misogynist who organizes orgies for the elite tech scene in austin where women have to sign their right to consent away to participate. Anyone who practices kink or BDSM knows that consent is the foundation of sex that isn’t assault. Claire is good friends and engages via her private account often. Aella also posts a lot of insanely creepy polls about children and sex that many consider to be pedophilic in nature.

Alex Leaud - a fascist, racist, stalker doxxed a woman from the grimezs sub on his grimezshate twitter account, tried to hack into user accounts, was allowed to follow her friends only account, harassed many members of r/grimezs, got banned from reddit for harassment and doxxing, used (claires fans/ex-fans) sexual assault experiences against them. He has been openly racist, sexist transphobic, https://www.reddit.com/r/grimezs/s/LV1VJXTLEH

a lot of her other friends like Lan Dao, Aella, Liv Boeree post a lot of red-pilled content such as opposing feminism, LGBTQ rights, black struggles, endorsing patriarchy, a total inversion of what Grimes used to stand for. This also explains tweets like this

Further Reading for those interested:

An incomplete list of Claires track record as a compulsive liar:

https://www.reddit.com/r/grimezs/s/OXtizOruHs

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1