2024 Headliners

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Stones and the top line is decent.  Nothing on the undercard I know but I accept I am an ageing fossil. 

Also, is this festival 10 days long? 

The undercard clearly the Jazz and Blues bit but still some big names. Robert Cray, George Thorogood, Joe Bonamassa etc. 

It is 10 days but it's a city festival, not a camping job. You're not sweating in a tent for 10 days.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

The undercard clearly the Jazz and Blues bit but still some big names. Robert Cray, George Thorogood, Joe Bonamassa etc. 

It is 10 days but it's a city festival, not a camping job. You're not sweating in a tent for 10 days.

Yeah after looking, the prices of $465 aren't worth weekend 2. Weekend 1 is a not more reasonable able but they e clearly paid through the nose to get The Stones at the extra cost of $160 a ticket just based on early bird. 10 days at €750 no chance for me.

38 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

Honestly it sounds incredible. If I could spend 10 days drinking in speakeasies, eating gumbo and watching Joe Bonamassa that would be the highlight of my summer. 

If I had the money and it wouldn't end in divorce, I'd be all over it.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, pryce said:

they all love piling on don't they, he could post the Glasto lineup on an American festival background they would all call it rubbish and then say it was the best thing in the world if it was just posted as the glasto lineup.  

That'd be a ace way for the festival to release the lineup. Then a few days later "Surprise!"

2 hours ago, westholtschic said:

Last one at Wembley was Taylor Hawkins tribute day

Also worth noting that this was also the same day WWE hosted Clash at The Castle at The Principality.

Spurs also hosted Tyson Fury v Derek Chisora in December that year

Stevie on the Friday seems so off. Like I know it really doesn’t make a difference and they sometimes just have to cater to the artists schedule (especially in instances like this where he’s stepping in for somebody else) but Stevie just seems like such a Sunday act that it’s weird that it’s not the case.

1 minute ago, FloopFiller said:

Stevie on the Friday seems so off. Like I know it really doesn’t make a difference and they sometimes just have to cater to the artists schedule (especially in instances like this where he’s stepping in for somebody else) but Stevie just seems like such a Sunday act that it’s weird that it’s not the case.

I'm not convinced the speculated days are accurate, as it feels like a small bit of info has caused further assumptions to be made. But ultimately - if it ends up being the only day he can do it, then the festival are going to go with it regardless of how it feels. To my mind U2 felt like a Saturday or Sunday act, but ended up playing Friday because of their insane tour schedule.

9 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Same with McCartney in 22. To me would have been (and in theory was because that set took so much out of me) the ideal closer for the festival.

Don't get me wrong though Sunday was still good.

8 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Same with McCartney in 22. To me would have been (and in theory was because that set took so much out of me) the ideal closer for the festival.

Don't get me wrong though Sunday was still good.

I think the festival would start to get ego issues if Sunday was seen as the "proper" headliner. Think they're keen to show #thereisnopattern

28 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Well, I used to have a theory that they kept biggest acts to Sat/Sun so that the Pyramid wouldn't be overcrowded by the extra 25,000 Sunday ticket holders. But clearly after Elton and the record breaking crowd, this isn't the case...

27 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Well, I used to have a theory that they kept biggest acts to Sat/Sun so that the Pyramid wouldn't be overcrowded by the extra 25,000 Sunday ticket holders. But clearly after Elton and the record breaking crowd, this isn't the case...

Also Sunday tickets are only 5,000. Theoretically at least they're mitigated by others having left already, though I doubt many had done so last year.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Also Sunday tickets are only 5,000. Theoretically at least they're mitigated by others having left already, though I doubt many had done so last year.

Really? I'm local and several reports I've read have said it's an extra 20,000 - but I could be getting mixed up with the total capacity of the festival raised.

Just now, discgoesmic said:

Really? I'm local and several reports I've read have said it's an extra 20,000 - but I could be getting mixed up with the total capacity of the festival raised.

Definitely 5,000 Sunday local tickets, it's specified by the licence.

• Upvote 1

There always feels like way more than 5k extra on a Sunday but that's because they often seem to stay between the Pyramid and the Acoustic. The way they act seems to make it feel like more people in total.

For this reason I'm always super pleased when the Sunday headliner isnt to my liking. 

Edited by giantkatestacks