2024 Headliners

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah. She seems to not care about embargos. Too bad no glasto act can do such a thing without incurring penalties. 

Cant wait for the ''who are all these artists'' posts on the poster tomorrow further proving the age of some folks. Then the shock that it sells out lol.

Will there be more Other Stage acts headlining?

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah. She seems to not care about embargos. Too bad no glasto act can do such a thing without incurring penalties. 

Cant wait for the ''who are all these artists'' posts on the poster tomorrow further proving the age of some folks. Then the shock that it sells out lol.

Announcement incoming?

12 hours ago, Mark H said:

The obvious stand in is Bruce. Rumoured by some [shite] news outlets and I just don’t buy that the back to back nights thing is a deal breaker. Macca is 8 years older and played back to back stadiums shows on his tour last year (and a show in Frome the night before his Glasto set).

What Macca did isn’t really relevant. Springsteen used to do back to back shows but on this tour he isn’t doing it once, even when it’s multiple nights at the same venue. He’s far from obvious, and that’s me talking as someone who’d like it to be him.

Edited by MEGABOWL

Just now, MEGABOWL said:

What Macca did or isn’t really relevant. Springsteen used to do back to back shows but on this tour he isn’t doing it once, even when it’s multiple nights at the same venue. He’s far from obvious, and that’s me talking as someone who’d like it to be him.

Yep 100%.

Only way he comes into the frame is if one of the Nijmegen shows gets moved - which there's certainly plenty enough space in the tour schedule to do, but so far no indication of actually happening.

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:

when did it last sell out?

definitely didn't last year! i guess thats why they need 100 cash registers to recoup their losses with 20$ pints. america f**k yeah, etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Can’t believe Coachella only have an Other Stage sized headliner. Embarrassing for them. Must be struggling. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

It was hilarious though.

Maybe for some. My wife and I were really gutted. She was the act I was most looking forward too and missed Christine and the Queens for it who we also wanted to see. Still that's the way the cards fall sometimes. 

6 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Maybe for some. My wife and I were really gutted. She was the act I was most looking forward too and missed Christine and the Queens for it who we also wanted to see. Still that's the way the cards fall sometimes. 

I was there and was enjoying it, but her arrogance in thinking she could just swan on as late as she wanted and still do her full set without any pushback deserved comeuppance.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's apparently why the artist formerly known as the artist formerly known as Prince bailed 

Yep, this is the paragraph in which Emily discusses it... I wonder if it's happened a lot, as she continues in the next paragraph, and seems annoyed like she has to prove that they've nothing to gain from leaking things early. 

1597721774_Screenshot2024-01-02111802.jpg.052aea0b429ef2160424be4308b81586.jpg

Edited by Alvoram

A bit random but how likely is it that we’ll be getting the lineup in the coming weeks after Emily said in a podcast, ‘Sometimes we’ll do something before Christmas, but what I’m really hoping for is to just announce the full lineup at the beginning of the year,’ or is that just wishful thinking?

Just now, Glastozone said:

A bit random but how likely is it that we’ll be getting the lineup in the coming weeks after Emily said in a podcast, ‘Sometimes we’ll do something before Christmas, but what I’m really hoping for is to just announce the full lineup at the beginning of the year,’ or is that just wishful thinking?

Personally I doubt it'll be any different to another years - a headliner, legend or maybe a special act or two confirmed in the coming months before main poster around late March.

10 minutes ago, Glastozone said:

"beginning of the year" is a vague enough descriptor to be meaningless as it could justifiably cover any time up until the end of March.

Maybe we get the poster drop a couple weeks earlier than in recent years, maybe we get the usual timing but with more names than usual - either way I wouldn't read anything into it and definitely wouldn't expect it to come any time this month. Most we'll get short term is a couple names as a teaser whenever the Brit/NME awards take place or when the ceremony for Sir Michael takes place.

Friend of a friend was apparently working backstage on the Other this year. Apparently Lana was being rude to festival staff all day after arriving on site late. They tried to reason with her, then when she was so late and refused to shorten her set, they could've let her finish but she was being such a dick to the stage staff that they just cut it short. Fair enough if true.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I was there and was enjoying it, but her arrogance in thinking she could just swan on as late as she wanted and still do her full set without any pushback deserved comeuppance.

It was the nonchalant delivery of the excuse as well. “Hair, eh? Gawd! What’s it like!!” Um, nah. Be a better artist.