2024 Headliners

2 hours ago, matrainertje said:

Also she'll need to step up her game a bit on the vocal side. 

That aside, shes pretty much ruled out. Really busy run of shows for her up until April 26th

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Celebration_Tour#Tour_dates

No way shes rehearsing and bringing a totally different show that big to a different continent in 8 weeks. 

2 hours ago, matrainertje said:

She hardly sang live during her last shows. More than half of her vocals came from a tape, sadly. 

Nobody will notice. I went off the idea of going to see her after watching a YouTube video but that was because of the setlist, pacing, too many snippets and remixes etc. Nobody in the Pyramid field will care about her vocals or if she’s miming or not. See Elton, Axl, Macca etc. You don’t go to see Madge for a vocal tour de force, she was never a particularly good live singer even in her prime.

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

That aside, shes pretty much ruled out. Really busy run of shows for her up until April 26th

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Celebration_Tour#Tour_dates

No way shes rehearsing and bringing a totally different show that big to a different continent in 8 weeks. 

As above, cos work on the outside shows will already be underway. Granted it'll need rehearsed, but the design, lighting, choreography etc will be WIP long before April.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

As above, cos work on the outside shows will already be underway. Granted it'll need rehearsed, but the design, lighting, choreography etc will be WIP long before April.

Its a very tight schedule though. Week off maybe after this eg, then rehearsels and then straight into gigs? And Madge isnt around to do any of the WIP at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Franky said:

I said it last year and I will say it again. Stop booking aged and past it performers for your festival !!!! 

I thank you. 

Yeah, everyone hated Macca, Elton and Diana.

No one was interested in watching them at all. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

It's about 30 years too late

We don't live in time machines. If they get this over the line its the biggest coup for the festival since the Stones. There are no bigger challenges out there. Incredible scenes if she's confirmed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Wooderson said:

We don't live in time machines. If they get this over the line its the biggest coup for the festival since the Stones. There are no bigger challenges out there. Incredible scenes if she's confirmed.

Ol' Skippy has actually been able to pause time. He's trapped in a constant state of 1987

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Franky said:

I said it last year and I will say it again. Stop booking aged and past it performers for your festival !!!! 

I thank you. 

[Not sure if serious gif]

Bill Drummond is 5 years older than Madonna. The other fella is one year older than her.