2024 Headliners

7 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Returning from having lost my password again to say, inspired by Elton, I'd take Billy Joel for Sunday, Clive. (Big argument over whether he is better suited to seventy-five minutes as a legend or two hours as an outright headliner though.)

Either way:

Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway)
My Life
Zanzibar
Vienna
The Entertainer
Just the Way You Are
An Innocent Man
Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)
Don't Ask Me Why
10 The Longest Time
11 New York State of Mind
12 Big Shot
13 Allentown
14 The River of Dreams
15 Scenes from an Italian Restaurant
16 We Didn't Start the Fire
17 Uptown Girl
18 It's Still Rock and Roll to Me
19 You May Be Right
20 Only the Good Die Young
21 Piano Man

No Pressure?!

I'd only need that song and Karl Urban turning up as a special guest and I'd be front and centre.

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

Ezra collective have won the mercury and radio four were immediately bigging them up as a potential future glasto headliner as a consequence of winning.

Obviously not gonna happen is it.

On 9/7/2023 at 11:37 AM, JonSnow said:

Unfortunately I cant see him touring his 2022 album 'Un Verano Sin Ti' for a second year so we will likely have to wait for the next album before he headlines the Pyramid.

A shame as this was his most commercially successful album peaking at 62 in the Uk album charts, so out of his back catalogue has the most songs we all know and love.

While it is clear and obvious he is on an upwards trajectory (smart money is on is next album cracking the top 50) I do worry that a lot of the iconic Un Verano Sin Ti songs will get shelved from his setlist when he inventively headlines.

Excellent post

would be mad if he got a lil nas x slot - he is probably the size for it just not on paper

he needs to actually tour in the uk at some point so we can actually see how he sells here, certainly could do 2 o2 nights i reckon

4 hours ago, t0paz said:

Looking at the previous winners, AM are the only ones to go on and headline Glasto.

Yeah. The Mercury Music Prize isn't a great barometer for making it big, the kind of status at least to headline. There's plenty of nearly-men/women on there and a lot who sank.

19 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Sold out BST, but thats not enough I guess. 

The year is 2182.

Global warming has devastated the planet to the point only six thousand humans remain. Two AI armies are engaged in a catastrophic 100 year war. The Tories enter their 31st consecutive term as the ruling party of the Uk. Manchester City have just lifted their 158th league title in a row with Erling Haaland jnr jnr banging in 92 goals in 30 games. Fast and Furious 53 is this summers major blockbuster.

Suprafan is still arguing on efestivals that acts significantly bigger in the Usa than the Uk should headline Glastonbury festival.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2