2024 Headliners

9 hours ago, The Nal said:

Schermafbeelding2023-07-26om11_27_54.thumb.png.da8951293eb20721cd71dbe1a9851063.png

would be very much for it.

Believe he always feels his set in 2009 was a bit of a disappointment.

At 74, would he really be able to get to/from Belgium and play two days in a row? Sadly, based in the most recent tour, I really cannot see it.

38 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I think he'd "get it" a lot more this time having stood side stage for Macca. Couple of wild songs choices for a festival crowd in 2009

That 2009 gig was his first festival in forever wasnt it?

Saw him do Isle of Wight in 2012 (tries on fallow year) and he was already ’getting it’ more.

12 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Plus his current tour setlist isn't the one that would kill it for him.

Maybe it's different for me as I'm a huge fan, but I think the current setlist is mega. I doubt many people will be gagging for Nightshift on the Pyramid Stage, but on the whole, the ending stacked with hits would go down a treat

2 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Other Stage Headliner needs to happen, fantastic set. One of the best versions of Holocene I've ever heard.

Yeah, I would like to see them back at glasto. Other stage headliner feels possible. I guess it all depends on tour and new album. They were fantastic in the last tour at Wembley arena. 

38 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Having never seen him do it (I know I know believe me) I refuse to believe the entire crowd isn't taps aff by halfway through the sax solo.

Saw Clarence do it a few times, 99, 03 and 08 or 09 I think (insert smug emjoi here) and yeah, amazing obviously but theres always a few who hit the bar. The sort of people who go nuts when he plays Shout.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Blame the fact that the E Street Band never played Scotland between like 1981 and 2009.

Really? Wow didn't know that. He spoiled us over here.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Luckily I did get to see the Big C roll out on a sweet Incident On 57th St at that 2009 show.

Ooof.

Spent a lovely 20 mins chatting with Clarence once. Mid 00s. Just me him and his manager.

Anyway, he has to be in the convo if he is touring next year. Bruce, Madonna and Dua. Sold.

13 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Other Stage Headliner needs to happen, fantastic set. One of the best versions of Holocene I've ever heard.

It was nice to be there for that. Although did not enjoy the 2 weather delays due to lightning in the are and subsequent evacuation which didnt allow Panda Bear or Snail Mail to perform at all. And Julia Jacklin got 15 minutes just on guitar after we all got back in.

So I don’t know where the rumour came from - but apparently one of the headliners last played the festival in the 90s. 

watching RHCP at Spurs the other night gave me the same feeling as watching GNR at Glasto and I wondered why RHCP had never headlined. GNR also played Spurs the year before Glasto. RHCP apparently played Glastonbury in 1993. 

I’m pretty certain next year the Saturday headliner will be Red Hot Chili Peppers - and they’ll announce a Hyde Park gig too same week of Glasto. 

Edited by RaphPH

2 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

So I don’t know where the rumour came from - but apparently one of the headliners last played the festival in the 90s. 

watching RHCP at Spurs the other night gave me the same feeling as watching GNR at Glasto and I wondered why RHCP had never headlined. GNR also played Spurs the year before Glasto. RHCP apparently played Glastonbury in 1993. 

I’m pretty certain next year the Saturday headliner will be Red Hot Chili Peppers - and they’ll announce a Hyde Park gig too same week of Glasto. 

They never actually played the festival though, did they?