2024 Headliners

8 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Take That absolutely not. They were already a Legends Slot-er rather than a headliner and Howard Donald’s recent twitter activity has hopefully made even the Legends Slot unlikely 

Queen + Lambert would be a laugh but there’s beef there that doesn’t sound like it’s been resolved. 

I personally wouldn’t want TT but trying to think of acts that appease the locals and BBC One Sunday night viewers!

I wasn’t aware of issues with Queen - always figured they were too expensive!

Has anyone suggested Peter Gabriel for the Legends slot?

Can’t see it being Taylor Swift (massive tour set up and tour dates), Foo Fighters (too soon), Bruce Springsteen (he’s consciously decided to take the coin on this tour), Blur (suspect they’re inactive by then).

If Dua Lipa, Rihanna and 1975 are available they’d be a good trio (even if I’d only go and see Dua). Dave would be worth a shot if Rihanna isn’t available. Pink and Madonna would be great candidates but I think the 💴 💵 💴 💵 isn’t enough. 

Pulp/Paramore/Doja Cat for subs

Robbie Williams for legend slot though I’d much much much prefer Duran Duran.

The National/Florence/The Prodigy for Other headliners

Kano/Jungle/Jorja Smith on West Holts

Decent slots for Wet Leg, Rosalia, Anderson Paak, Self Esteem, Gerry Cinnamon, Paolo Nutini, Halsey. Aerosmith to finally make it (long shot I know)

Edited by MEGABOWL

3 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I wasn’t aware of issues with Queen - always figured they were too expensive!

Something about Mr Eavis and Brian May having a strong difference in opinion on badgers, I forget the specifics but the latter made it clear fairly recently that tensions still existed

4 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Has anyone suggested Peter Gabriel for the Legends slot?

Think that would have happened this year if it was ever going to, sadly

1 minute ago, MEGABOWL said:

Can’t see it being Taylor Swift (massive tour set up and tour dates), Foo Fighters (too soon), Bruce Springsteen (he’s consciously decided to take the coin on this tour), Blur (suspect they’re inactive by then).

If Dua Lipa, Rihanna and 1975 are available they’d be a good trio (even if I’d only go and see Dua). Dave would be worth a shot if Rihanna isn’t available. Pink and Madonna would be great candidates but I think the 💴 💵 💴 💵 isn’t enough. 

Pulp/Paramore/Doja Cat for subs

Robbie Williams for legend slot though I’d much much much prefer Duran Duran.

2 hours ago, Henrik said:

It won't be Foo Fighters. No way they would have done The Churnups thing this year if they are down to headline next. 

I think IOW or Download get them. 

IOW for me and just attending Glastonbury. IOW is far enough away from their stadium dates and they will allow it. Download is up the road from Villa Park and would dent Downloads sales heavily overall.

Dua Lipa, The 1975, Taylor Swift. I cling to this dream.

EDIT: Well if it was an absolute dream I guess Busted would be one of the headliners but let’s try and keep it realistic. They’ve outgrown that slot now, Pyramid field would never be big enough)

Edited by DareToDibble
  • Upvote 2

Still have this nagging feeling that one of them might be Miley.

Especially with how massive Flowers was in January-March which could have been the time the headliners were being finalised

Looks like Emily first said there will be two female headliners was on 3rd March? 

(for avoidance of doubt I mean it if Emily and the booking team had any doubts that Miley is big enough to headline, that the success of Flowers quashed this)

Edited by JonSnow

They've got to be knocking on Blur's door, surely? Damon just seems to simultaneously balance everything so I'm not sure them being 'inactive' would stop it happening. It'll also be the Parklife anniversary, not that they need one to play shows.

No way Foos are coming back to headline after such a prolific slot this year. 

If anything they’ve got the weekend free so that they can actually attend it (and Dave can make a few more guest spots). 

Dua Lipa x Madonna x The 1975 or AC/DC is my guess 

Who knows who it will be at this point but after a 7-year gap FF could certainly be in the frame? It's really governed by who is touring, and where they currently are on that tour and nowadays Glastonbury likes really big commercial hitters to headline The Pyramid which does reduce options significantly. FF, their full crew, and staging will all be in the UK, and Glastonbury dates are free.

Pulp - can't see it as they'll be long off the road by this time next year and, however much I like them, not sure they are a Pyramid Stage Headliner act based on the current direction the festival bookers seem to be going.

Taylor Swift, I could certainly see that, appreciate she's in Ireland the night before but, without checking her schedule, her tour may have two stage sets meaning one could be ready to set up at Glastonbury?  Is Rhianna touring next year or taking time out with newborn?

Edited by spcdust

6 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

Still have this nagging feeling that one of them might be Miley.

Especially with how massive Flowers was in January-March which could have been the time the headliners were being finalised

Looks like Emily first said there will be two female headliners was on 3rd March? 

(for avoidance of doubt I mean it if Emily and the booking team had any doubts that Miley is big enough to headline, that the success of Flowers quashed this)

Miley has said she’s giving touring a rest for a while as she doesn’t really like it so I doubt it’s gonna be her. 

17 minutes ago, spcdust said:

Who knows who it will be at this point but after a 7-year gap FF could certainly be in the frame? It's really governed by who is touring, and where they currently are on that tour and nowadays Glastonbury likes really big commercial hitters to headline The Pyramid which does reduce options significantly. FF, their full crew, and staging will all be in the UK, and Glastonbury dates are free.

Pulp - can't see it as they'll be long off the road by this time next year and, however much I like them, not sure they are a Pyramid Stage Headliner act based on the current direction the festival bookers seem to be going.

Taylor Swift, I could certainly see that, appreciate she's in Ireland the night before but, without checking her schedule, her tour may have two stage sets meaning one could be ready to set up at Glastonbury?  Is Rhianna touring next year or taking time out with newborn?

The staging is a big part of why it won’t be Taylor, the current tour she’s doing is an absolutely huge production and is about a 3.5 hour long set. She’s not cutting the production down and rehearsing a circa 2 hour one stage show mid tour purely for Glastonbury. That’s before the fact that she’ll almost certainly add another Dublin date given demand.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CC22 said:

The staging is a big part of why it won’t be Taylor, the current tour she’s doing is an absolutely huge production and is about a 3.5 hour long set. She’s not cutting the production down and rehearsing a circa 2 hour one stage show mid tour purely for Glastonbury. That’s before the fact that she’ll almost certainly add another Dublin date given demand.

Yip

Said this before but I think Dua is a cert - sadly I wonder if this makes Rihanna less likely given their appeal and audience would largely be similar. However I do think Madonna has to be in the frame, and would also tick the legacy box. This leaves a slot for "rock" act (and presumably a band) - I'd love them to go the way of Bring Me The Horizon but can understand why this may be unlikely.