2024 Headliners

3 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Would they really have them back doing double duty again so soon? I’ll take any hope of Madge being free, but BST doesn’t tend to be that repetitive does it?

BST don't care about repetitive any more than a stadium or arena would.

Ultimately, it's a series of headline shows rather than a festival looking to build it's own audience. If an act can sell the tickets for a given show, then they're a suitable booking.

14 hours ago, OllieMadd said:

Can Pearl Jam really sell out two BSTs? Crazy 

Still the best live band in the world..still as yet I'd like you to go on their live tour dates and find a tour where they've done the same night twice....then see if any other bands are as good as them..ie Depeche mode great band sell out every night on a world tour.....but every night for the whole tour is virtually the same....

They won't be playing Glastonbury tho 😃...they better not Cos I ent got tickets 🎟️ 😂

Edited by guypjfreak

15 hours ago, OllieMadd said:

Ah yes that does vaguely ring a bell.. Just a weird one - I don't know a single Pearl Jam fan (which of course isn't to say they don't exist)

hands up for another Pearl Jam fan (albeit only the 90's output).  They have a pretty large hardcore of aging fans, so they aren't really a band who are necessarily in the public consciousness but were so big in the 90's and only play a couple of UK shows every couple of years that they can maintain those big gigs.  Anyone who had MTV in the 90's would know Alive & Jeremy.  I know that "Ten" wasn't as big in the UK as the States but that was a really big album for anyone into Grunge/Alternative rock music.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

hands up for another Pearl Jam fan (albeit only the 90's output).  They have a pretty large hardcore of aging fans, so they aren't really a band who are necessarily in the public consciousness but were so big in the 90's and only play a couple of UK shows every couple of years that they can maintain those big gigs.  Anyone who had MTV in the 90's would know Alive & Jeremy.  I know that "Ten" wasn't as big in the UK as the States but that was a really big album for anyone into Grunge/Alternative rock music.  

The BST last year was a great gig and hopefully the rumours are true for this year as I didnt get Galsto tickets, PJ then Green Day will do vey nicely that weekend instead!

it would piss me off something chronic if Pearl Jam are at BST over glastonbury weekend: i've got a bit of an in for a volunteering position at Hyde park that gets you a golden circle spot for the headliners for about four hours of volunteering, and i'd bloody love a bit of double PJ 

If Pearl Jam played Glastonbury, they'd need to ditch their usual lean towards a more esoteric setlist and stick to their "familiar" tunes. Even then, I'm not sure there's quite enough to sustain a full 100 minute headline set without the casuals getting a little bored. I was at the last BST shows and each night there were several people complaining that they hadn't played the singles on both nights. It seems like Pearl Jam unapologetically play for their dedicated fans and I'm not sure they're willing to compromise. Regardless though, I'm not sure they'll ever play the festival.

8 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I remember when they were rumoured a few years back, there was a guy on another forum with connections to Pearl Jam who said they’d never play a festival where they weren’t announced early enough for their fan base to get tickets 

I think that's pretty cool of them actually, fair play. PJ fans are particularly demented/dedicated (delete as applicable) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

That makes a lot of sense

I'd never heard that. It makes sense if glasto is your only date, but if you look at it as an additional date to your tour then your fans don't miss out. It's a bit like saying you only want to play infront of a home crowd. 

I agree with the sentiment that they would be a hard sell for a casual music fan with the sort of acts that headline glasto now. 

11 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Adding Even Flow to this