2023 Ticket Price Confirmed

Dukeicon

2 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Not sure how well boomtown has sold after seeing complaints about their price increase

Tickets for this years were well over £300 for final release anyway - bit silly

31 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

It's production led, so they spend the money on the show rather than the artist, it's also about 80,000 people so those cost are more per attendee.

Last year they didn't release the line up until close to the time, I'm not sure if that's putting people off as well.

Capacity got lowered a far decent bit

As someone else had mentioned, if it had increased 20 a year since 2020 no one would have batted an eye lid, given they maintained the ticket prices for the two years in between has to count for something. Every single one of us are experiencing fuel costs upwards of 50% in most cases, The festival will be no different. £70 increase in 2-3 years is, dare I say it, not that bad?

You also have to factor in the cost of raw materials, the cost of parts is going up massively, certainly in my line of work, suppliers have had at least two price increases this year, most in the region of about 7-10% this has to trickle down somewhere.

Go to the pub on a friday night for a burger and chips, few pints and a few glasses of wine you won't be a kick in the arse off £70.00

Anyway, another saving tip, Monzo (other banks are available) have a save the change function, rounded up to the nearest pound. You can create a pot and lock it until march for example. You won't even notice it's gone and will be very surprised how quickly it adds up. easily get to £300.00 by march. Worth a look for sure.

Edited by neil93
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RichardWaller said:

Because of work commitments i arrived one year around 5.00am on the Thursday , parked my car , got my tent up and i was still wide awake and sober becuase of the drive , mates were all fast asleep so i went for a wander.

Going into the SEC sober, coffee in hand  and wide awake was a revelation. 

I then realised how many mashed up people there were and the amount of nose candy being consumed in the morning sun light was quite staggering. 

4 minutes ago, ivan said:

I then realised how many mashed up people there were and the amount of nose candy being consumed in the morning sun light was quite staggering. 

😂 It's not exactly front page news!  People have been doing drugs in the morning sunlight at Glasto since forever.

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

😂 It's not exactly front page news!  People have been doing drugs in the morning sunlight at Glasto since forever.

Being 100% sober i had never noticed it before ! 

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Now I really want to take a 6am sober stroll around the SE Corner.

Not enough restraint for that. One of my friends this year woke up in the night and went to the stone circle, sounded pretty similar to what was described.

That's a wild price for Boomtown. Experience led festival but I'm not sure it's a £300+ experience especially considering this year they basically didn't have headliners. Some of the stuff there when we went was very cool but I'd feel shafted paying that and not at least getting Cypress Hill or Wu Tang or whatever.

8 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

That's a wild price for Boomtown. Experience led festival but I'm not sure it's a £300+ experience especially considering this year they basically didn't have headliners. Some of the stuff there when we went was very cool but I'd feel shafted paying that and not at least getting Cypress Hill or Wu Tang or whatever.

If your mostly at glasto for the SE corner then its definitely worth it. The headliners there are more likely to suit you too.

30 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Now I really want to take a 6am sober stroll around the SE Corner.

Only ever done it at the end of a night rather than start of the day, but I've been sober for 15 years so that's just my normal now. 

Then again, I'm usually so knackered by then that everything's a bit weird anyway

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Not enough restraint for that. One of my friends this year woke up in the night and went to the stone circle, sounded pretty similar to what was described.

Did something similar one year.  Early bed on Weds (9:30ish) and awake just after 4.  Got up and hit the stone circle for sunrise.  Eye-opening, that's for sure.  Plus, got enough stimulants to keep awake until 2am on Friday despite the early start.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

What exactly is the main draw to a place like Boomtown? On the face of it, from photos and videos I've seen, it looks amazing. But looking at some of the lineups, I don't recognise too many names, and the biggest people I can tell they've had are people like the Streets, Lauryn Hill, Cyprus Hill, Kool & the Gang... basically a bunch of names who would be middle of the day Pyramid or smaller stage headliners.

Why is it so expensive? It's almost as much as Glasto. 

Is it similar to the SEC, but bigger, and more actors/theatrics?

It looks like a cross between the SEC and West World.

It's the only festival I've been to where I barely touched the main stage, musically "headliner" wise it's a completely different world.  Much more DnB which I'm not hot on. 

It genuinely makes the SEC look boring. 

4 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

SEC desperately needs a makeover, been basically the same for years. Block nine still works as do some aspects of The Common, but Shangri-La and Unfairground need a change.

The Common 100% works still and they just got the rumshack this year. Unfairground is crying out for change