2024 Festival

Chad888

25 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

Ooo hadn't heard about this one, otherwise another big female artist in that slot I'd guess, Dua Lipa? Maybe Boygenius?

While I’d love Boy Genius, there is no chance they are MSW headliners at Reading

Paramore and Rodrigo are the obv female headliners, if available, both targeting different demographics too

Boy Genius/ Bridgers on the bill would be great to establish a bit more credibility/ variety with the festival again, a route they must surely try to take, following this years ticket rejection

43 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Paramore / Jack Harlow / boygenius 

Playboi Carti / Don Toliver / PinkPantheress

Travis Scott / Ice Spice / Tom Grennan 

Fred again.. / Lil Yachty / beabadoobee

Blink-182 / YUNGBLUD / The Wombats 

Kasabian / Jamie T / Ashnikko

This undercard is abysmal so will probably get booked

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Paramore / Jack Harlow / boygenius 

Playboi Carti / Don Toliver / PinkPantheress

Travis Scott / Ice Spice / Tom Grennan 

Fred again.. / Lil Yachty / beabadoobee

Blink-182 / YUNGBLUD / The Wombats 

Kasabian / Jamie T / Ashnikko

Take out Playboi Carti for Olivia and it's probably a shout. Although Tom Grennan is way out of place that day.

I would grab a cheaper Sunday ticket later on. 

Blur, Tom Grennan, The Vaccines

Dua Lipa, Two Door Cinema Club, Ashnikko

DS: Fatboy Slim FR: The Story So Far R1X: Killer Mike

My Chemical Romance, MGK, Idles

Fred Again...  Aitch, 070 Shake  DS: Camelphat FR: Circa Waves R1X: Kano

Post Malone, Ice spice, Easy Life

Royal Blood, The Prodigy, Turnstile

DS: Vibe Chemistry FR: Soft Play R1X: M Huncho

Edited by Alex Winstone

3 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

As much as I like it, I can’t see Dua accepting anything less than MSE headline. 

Also would Blur want to come back? Think they’d be more inclined to do Glasto/IOW/TRNSMT next year.

3 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

I don't think FBS would do the Dance Stage, he's pretty big at the moment have a look at his dates.

Of all the rockier / indie acts to book I don't think it would be blur, day tickets just wouldn't sell i think - honestly wouldn't be shocked to see LG back

Dua is MSE or bust, likely at glasto anyway which would rule her out

Several acts underbilled too - TDCC played MSE sub a few years back, prodigy are a MSW headline too - no way is Kano in R1X either

also not sure Tom Grennan is a MSE sub, ice spice defo not either. soft play / circa waves in FR would be mad

quite a lot of comments actually - will just say thanks for making it, its interesting to see whats about. I'd 100% go to this and reckon with a little shuffling it could make sense

----

Honestly they should just shift from themed tents all together i reckon and get it so that acts are all over the place. e.g. when its MCR, Blur etc headlining get a decent size rapper in the dance tent and move the dance to like both FR and R1X for example

45 minutes ago, gfa said:

Honestly they should just shift from themed tents all together i reckon and get it so that acts are all over the place. e.g. when its MCR, Blur etc headlining get a decent size rapper in the dance tent and move the dance to like both FR and R1X for example

I like this idea a lot, up the size of the dance stage a bit, to allow a proper stage for bands and decent screens, bin off the R1X and in effect have FR1 and 2, which would be compeltley genre agnostic

It would allow them to move a bit more to what they had before, support more genres and offer some proper counter programming, get back the nicher acts hat made Reading intersting.

When you have a big dance headliner, you could have Boy Genius or similar in the #bigtent. You have the old dad rock outfit on the main stage, you have the latest up and coming rapper headline the tent…

Create clashes that make people excited again. Having to choose is a good thing

I meant it’s basically still a little less than they used to have but at least it goes back to being able to offer more choice

Without the silent discos in the campsite, they have the space for a bigger big tent too

Edited by Benj

3 minutes ago, Benj said:

I like this idea a lot, up the size of the dance stage a bit, to allow a proper stage for bands and decent screens, bin off the R1X and in effect have FR1 and 2, which would be compeltley genre agnostic

It would allow them to move a bit more to what they had before, support more genres and offer some proper counter programming, get back the nicher acts hat made Reading intersting.

When you have a big dance headliner, you could have Boy Genius or similar in the #bigtent. You have the old dad rock outfit on the main stage, you have the latest up and coming rapper headline the tent…

Create clashes that make people excited again. Having to choose is a good thing

I meant it’s basically still a little less than they used to have but at least it goes back to being able to offer more choice

Without the silent discos in the campsite, they have the space for a bigger big tent too

bold - there would just be 1 act from each main genre on i feel still

which is bigger r1x or FR? i thought r1x but can't really remember

--

I didn't consider this too but not having the 2 silent disco tents is a nice old cost saving (i guess they are paying for Sigma but they can't be much lol)

14 minutes ago, gfa said:

bold - there would just be 1 act from each main genre on i feel still

which is bigger r1x or FR? i thought r1x but can't really remember

--

I didn't consider this too but not having the 2 silent disco tents is a nice old cost saving (i guess they are paying for Sigma but they can't be much lol)

Hmm good question, they look roughly the same size here (2021). @Paul is probably best places to confirm the capacities on here

image.jpeg.117224b306883e5f707300e26f88e781.jpeg

4 hours ago, Chad888 said:

R1Xtra is bigger inside than the FR tent. Dance is biggest of the 4 tents, comedy smallest.

I’m loathed to say it when I’m otherwise always advocating choice but I’d be happy to see the comedy tent go if it meant they could get a proper big tent back into that area and have an FR stage+ that sits somewhere between the old R1 tent and the FR tent band size wise. 

Could still host larger dance acts and give up and coming bands later slots rather than lashing them on at 2pm-4pm when there’s no one bothered to see them. 

Only problem is the entrance there

Paramore / YUNGBLUD / Beabadoobee
Kasabian

Travis Scott / Playboi Carti / Anne Marie
Queens of the Stone Age

Muse / Aitch / Boygenius
Olivia Rodrigo

I'm probably being a little too optimistic with the amount of "classic R&L" acts on there but honestly, I'm a point where I'm struggling to call the line-up because most of the acts they book nowadays I'm not familiar with. All I can say is that I guarantee at least one of The Wombats, Blossoms or Two Door Cinema Club will be there!

52 minutes ago, VCK said:

Paramore / YUNGBLUD / Beabadoobee
Kasabian

Travis Scott / Playboi Carti / Anne Marie
Queens of the Stone Age

Muse / Aitch / Boygenius
Olivia Rodrigo

I'm probably being a little too optimistic with the amount of "classic R&L" acts on there but honestly, I'm a point where I'm struggling to call the line-up because most of the acts they book nowadays I'm not familiar with. All I can say is that I guarantee at least one of The Wombats, Blossoms or Two Door Cinema Club will be there!

I don't think Boy Genius are about next year

Just now, gfa said:

I don't think Boy Genius are about next year

Which is a shame, because they were excellent at Gunnersbury on Sunday.

but think Phoebe is doing solo stuff come the end of the year