All Points East 2023

gfa

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Strongly implies she's got an unannounced UK festival late August IMO.

Just to point out all those dates are in indoor arenas, as Cornucopia (assuming this is the same show she did in America in 2019 and 2022) is a big theatrical production with surround sound and visual effects. If she does APE or any other festival it'd be a separate show with an orchestra like Bluedot last year.

Edited by SweepingTheNation
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Just to point out all those dates are in indoor arenas, as Cornucopia (assuming this is the same show she did in America in 2019 and 2022) is a big theatrical production with surround sound and visual effects. If she does APE or any other festival it'd be a separate show with an orchestra like Bluedot last year.

Yep, it’s all arenas shows. Probably with a great attention to detail. 

Yeah, having done Cornucopia at the O2 in 2019 I can't see the show transferring well outside at all. It was very hit-lite with a particular focus on Utopia and 1 or 2 songs most off other albums some of which were re-worked (Venus As A Boy for example was incredibly birdcall and flute heavy and sounded nothing like the studio version). Plus it had a HUGE stage show, I mean a reverb chamber, curtains worth of lights and a huge centre piece which even at the O2 nearly filled the stage. Very much a show for the die hard Bjork fan rather than a casual festival set.

If she were to play APE before the shows she'd be far safer doing an Orkestral set like at BlueDot where it was a far more varied set that touched on each part of her career (the last 6/7 songs were basically back to back hits think Joga, Hyperballad, Hunter). Seemed to go down quite well with the crowd as well at BlueDot from what I remember.

Unless she debuts a proper Fossora show here and in Iceland before doing some European Cornucopian shows but I find that unlikely???? 

3 hours ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Very much a show for the die hard Bjork fan rather than a casual festival set.

But she is very much ready to play a set with no hits (i.e. 2018 show at APE, which I think was great). But now I think I understand, it is a particular production and it might simply not work on a stage where ~6 other bands are playing before. So I take it back, Bjork might not be playing any UK dates this year.

I've not been paying close attention so apologies if this is already known.

For whatever it's worth, MyCause opened up for volunteer applications today - and in addition to the 3 already announced dates (Friday 18th, Saturday 19th, and Friday 25th) they're recruiting for Thursday 24th, Saturday 26th, and Sunday 27th so I'd expect those are the remaining dates still to be announced.

Edited by incident
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, incident said:

For whatever it's worth, MyCause opened up for volunteer applications today - and in addition to the 3 already announced dates (Friday 18th, Saturday 19th, and Friday 25th) they're recruiting for Thursday 24th, Saturday 26th, and Sunday 27th so I'd expect those are the remaining dates still to be announced.

good spot!

This has probably been discussed so apologies if so - do people think there's a chance of The Walkmen being added to the Strokes day, once they've sold out their own shows at KOKO?

Seems to make so much sense given the timing but not sure if it's already been ruled out for any reason.

On 1/31/2023 at 10:23 PM, incident said:

They only seem to have the three days on their website. Although it does say in the description it’s a 6 day event. I suspect that’s more of a copy and paste from last year than anything else. 

4 hours ago, sameimpala said:

we'll be down the front crying all day 

considering Phoebe I believe is the only one who hasn't down APE, I think having boygenius on during their obvious summer uk tour is given, 

Kinda kicking myself for not seeing Julien back when she supported Bon Iver at the fest but if this means I get to see her this way im more than happy

8 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

They only seem to have the three days on their website. Although it does say in the description it’s a 6 day event. I suspect that’s more of a copy and paste from last year than anything else. 

It's not a copy and paste. This is in the application system itself rather than the website content.

Point this that they're actively soliciting applications for those days, which means that they'll have had to put them live with X amount of places.

image.png.cd012881c7c9d2c41215be353074c5b0.png

3 hours ago, incident said:

It's not a copy and paste. This is in the application system itself rather than the website content.

Point this that they're actively soliciting applications for those days, which means that they'll have had to put them live with X amount of places.

image.png.cd012881c7c9d2c41215be353074c5b0.png

I'd imagin3 that's a hold over from last year as surely they don't do a thursday again??

2 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

I'd imagin3 that's a hold over from last year as surely they don't do a thursday again??

the thursday sold fine, better than some of the other days. might be cheaper to get bigger acts on thursday too potentially?

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

Who could have thought that a festival that runs many more than three shows over two weekends ever since it started would be running many more than three shows over two weekends this year!

Who could have thought. 
Love the sarcasm. 

Edited by The Crimson King