All Points East 2023

gfa

8 minutes ago, AvenueC said:

Thanks! Do the prices change with the tier changes? I got Nick Cave APE ones quite late in the year last time and wasn't sure if I was paying more/less than the original release price. 

Given there are tiers listed it likely will, maybe go up £10-15 tops though

5 minutes ago, Mr Boo said:
Please could someone explain what axs account is?

Why are there pre-sale tickets available via axs?

Many thanks

You create an account with axs who are one of ticketmasters biggest rivals. Your tickets will be an eticket within the app. Unlike ticketmaster, ticket transfer (in my experience) is open a lot more 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Mr Boo said:

Please could someone explain what axs account is?

Why are there pre-sale tickets available via axs?

Many thanks

Its the ticketing company that sells the tickets for the event. Ticketmaster and Seetickets arent the only companies that sell tickets. Create your account, buy your tickets and youre on your way. 

20 hours ago, xxialac said:

Or the other way of looking at is that older people are richer, having not been screwed over like the younger generations and that we are in a cost of living crisis, exacerbating everything. Plus most of the bands that sell had their heyday when the 40-somethings (and 50-somethings even) were young.

I repeat, there will obviously be more days, it's inconceivable there won't be for example a day on Saturday 26 of a long bank holiday weekend, having used the site the day before.

That’s a bizarrely simplistic way of looking at it - I’m definitely in the Gorillaz and Strokes age demographic, and I can’t afford to buy a house where I live. Whereas I saw plenty of rich young kids at Field Day…

14 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

That’s a bizarrely simplistic way of looking at it - I’m definitely in the Gorillaz and Strokes age demographic, and I can’t afford to buy a house where I live. Whereas I saw plenty of rich young kids at Field Day…

You represent a sample of one?

There are facts that point to older people attending festival (e.g. in 1997, the average age of people at Glastonbury was 26, by 2019 it was 49) and living standards have not gone up in a very long time, whilst house prices/rent increases have seriously squeezed younger people. 

None of this is controversial...

Edited by xxialac

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

There are facts that point to older people attending festival (e.g. in 1997, the average age of people at Glastonbury was 26, in 2018 it was 49) and living standards have not gone up in a very long time, whilst house prices have squeezing younger people. 

I’m one of absolutely shit loads of people my age I know that are in exactly the same situation.  Whereas there are now loads of 20-somethings who are property owners because they are being bankrolled by ‘the bank of mum and dad’.  Do some research into the economic prospects of millennials.

6 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I’m one of absolutely shit loads of people my age I know that are in exactly the same situation.  Whereas there are now loads of 20-somethings who are property owners because they are being bankrolled by ‘the bank of mum and dad’.  Do some research into the economic prospects of millennials.

Hmm.

If you are arguing that a higher proportion of young people are buying their homes compared to previous generations, you might as well be denying climate change because you are arguing against the data.

• Upvote 1

Just now, xxialac said:

Hmm.

If you are arguing that a higher proportion of young people are buying their homes compared to previous generations, you might as well be denying climate change because you are arguing against the data.

I’m clearly not arguing that, but if you want to oversimplify it and put words in my mouth, there’s little point continuing.

26 minutes ago, xxialac said:

There are facts that point to older people attending festival (e.g. in 1997, the average age of people at Glastonbury was 26, by 2019 it was 49) and living standards have not gone up in a very long time, whilst house prices/rent increases have seriously squeezed younger people. 

39 not 49 i thought?

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

OK, you accused me of being 'simplistic' yet never set out your 'complex' argument, otherwise I wouldn't have responded.

My argument was that you were presenting a hugely over simplistic analysis that failed to correspond with actual evidence.  If you can’t be bothered to look yourself, I’ll give you a head start;

https://amp.theguardian.com/money/2020/feb/10/home-ownership-ons-rent

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I’m 40 and my landlord is 26 😂

• Upvote 1