All Points East 2023

gfa

On 1/19/2023 at 6:01 PM, gfa said:

maybe, not worth us both digging into statements really

I hope they bring back the hangar type stage they had for aphex

Reckon the other name will be good old Fred - two very different acts who are huge with their audiences and will sell a lot of tickets with their names alone. would be a bit of a weird crowd, although with kraftwerk/chems and then a ton of acts for younger people it was already a bit strange last year

They literally built an absolutely massive indoor venue just for him so he could have the light show he demanded. He was absolutely the headliner.

7 hours ago, zahidf said:

If aphex is the headliner... I can't see it selling that many tickets tbh. He's not really a proven draw to get 50k people in a park. Will need a VERY strong bill under him

Considering he hasnt performed in 4 years and nobody knows when he will decide to do it again it might be an incentive for a decent amount of people to go. Especially at the price point. He easily would sell out a few nights at Brixton ( rip ) and tickets would cost similar. 

Doubt it wont be a strong undercard for Field Day. 

On 1/19/2023 at 5:01 PM, gfa said:

. would be a bit of a weird crowd, although with kraftwerk/chems and then a ton of acts for younger people it was already a bit strange last year

We were at that last year and it was a weird mix, although we had a lot of fun. To be fair Erol Alkan and Squarepusher were there to appeal to the older Kraftwerk/Chems crowd earlier in the day. 

I don't know about this. I was a fairly massive fan of Aphex Twin in the 90s, but I saw the last 30 minutes of his set a Field Day 2017, after Slowdive, and it didn't do much for me. It sounded more like a DJ set. There is nothing wrong with that, but I've already ticked the box (seen him) and this lineup doesn't really motivate me to go again. I've found other Warp bands playing original music (Plaid, Squarepusher, Autechre) much more enjoyable.

Edited by emmanuel

59 minutes ago, Dales said:

For me, not much to get excited aboutand with the other gig that weekend Stormzy that weekend is a right off. If only these shows were the bank holiday weekend. I would have no issues with Field Day & Stromzy clashing with Victorious.

Yeah very annoying! Was hoping for something that i fancied on the other weekend but I’m at victorious too