Taylor swift

brettredmayne

9 minutes ago, OddRon said:

Never seen Cardiff mentioned so much on here, I've always figured we get forgotten next to places like London, Manchester, Glasgow and now it seems like Cardiff is the most in demand date, at least on efestivals.

No date in the Midlands so Cardiff is the next best thing for anyone who lives around here! Terrific stadium too so happy for any excuse to visit. 

20 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

To be fair all the Cardiff comments have probably been me 😄 Can't say I've seen it mentioned much but I've been in and out of the thread and missed a load of pages.

Brilliant city and stadium , everything is so close together, train station, bars, hotels , stadium all within a few miles, went there to watch Liverpool v Chelsea in the league cup final 😭

Waiting until Friday (Dublin) but had a look there at Murrayfield.  For anyone on AXS, it lets you select which priced tickets you want to search for, but I'd recommend having the stadium map open on another tab, as when it brings you through to the page with the selected tickets, there's no map on that page, so you're kind of buying them blind.

Seems plenty left for that 3rd night, which is reassuring.  Has the Wembley presale all sold out?  I'm afraid to go in and look again in case it thinks I'm a bot and blocks my code or something.

There’s a majorly negative article on the grauniad about this pre sale, which to me just seems really off with the reality of how today went. The ticket prices were surprisingly reasonable, aside from the AXS IP issue the whole system worked about as seamlessly as you can hope with the demand and plenty of fans either got tickets, or very likely will over the next few days, no surge pricing, the fees were standard and it seems the vast majority of tickets purchased were by actual fans. Not too sure where they’re getting this idea that it’s been a disaster of a day…even the tickets on resale sites will (I reckon) be cancelled given the T&Cs. Feels like they wanted to make a point on this before it actually happened and didn’t fancy changing the article.

54 minutes ago, Tadpole78 said:

Waiting until Friday (Dublin) but had a look there at Murrayfield.  For anyone on AXS, it lets you select which priced tickets you want to search for, but I'd recommend having the stadium map open on another tab, as when it brings you through to the page with the selected tickets, there's no map on that page, so you're kind of buying them blind.

Seems plenty left for that 3rd night, which is reassuring.  Has the Wembley presale all sold out?  I'm afraid to go in and look again in case it thinks I'm a bot and blocks my code or something.

The odd VIP package or two left but all the non-VIP tickets went in an under an hour each time. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

There’s a majorly negative article on the grauniad about this pre sale, which to me just seems really off with the reality of how today went. The ticket prices were surprisingly reasonable, aside from the AXS IP issue the whole system worked about as seamlessly as you can hope with the demand and plenty of fans either got tickets, or very likely will over the next few days, no surge pricing, the fees were standard and it seems the vast majority of tickets purchased were by actual fans. Not too sure where they’re getting this idea that it’s been a disaster of a day…even the tickets on resale sites will (I reckon) be cancelled given the T&Cs. Feels like they wanted to make a point on this before it actually happened and didn’t fancy changing the article.

Agreed. Obviously a bit bais as I got tickets but when there's this level of demand, there's just no way to do things in a way that pleases everybody. Some people are going to be unhappy whatever. In my experience things were smooth as you can hope for today even on TicketMaster where I was 36,000th in the queue and was left ticketless, the process was fine, luck just wasn't with me. 

26 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

Got 4 general admission standing tickets for the Sunday in Edinburgh. Will be a bit of a hassle organising travel and hotels but will all be worth it.

Anyone had much experience with Airbnb in Edinburgh?

Yep, booked an apartment for the weekend, very reasonable price. Paid half upfront and half due in May. Booking with a registered 'superhost' is a good safeguard from past experience!

2 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Agreed. Obviously a bit bais as I got tickets but when there's this level of demand, there's just no way to do things in a way that pleases everybody. Some people are going to be unhappy whatever. In my experience things were smooth as you can hope for today even on TicketMaster where I was 36,000th in the queue and was left ticketless, the process was fine, luck just wasn't with me. 

Agree. Other than the weird stickiness with joining of the waiting room, everything about the process itself was absolutely spot on. 

2 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Aye. It’s potentially the most in demand tour of all time; some people will miss out on tickets and it’s going to cost you a bob or two to get in. Given the insane demand, the prices and accessibility today was reasonable. I’m not saying we should be applauding Taylor/her management company for the pricing, but I also don’t think it’s egregious either. I expected much worse.

• Upvote 1

I think the only thing about the process I maybe dislike is the FOMO aspect of putting tickets up in batches like this. As others have noted today, lots of people today will have got crap tickets for a date/venue they maybe didn't massively want just for fear of not getting anything by end of the week. 

But on the flip side, doing it this way probably makes it easier on the website servers and gives people multiple chances to get tickets over the next few days, so even that potential sticking point has an argument in its favour. 

Just now, thatTFBguy said:

I think the only thing about the process I maybe dislike is the FOMO aspect of putting tickets up in batches like this. As others have noted today, lots of people today will have got crap tickets for a date/venue they maybe didn't massively want just for fear of not getting anything by end of the week. 

Just silly if people do that. If you get the option for seating on the first sale you’re gonna get that or better in the next two. London has a tonne of dates too, getting a ticket won’t be an issue at all.

Think it worked pretty seamlessly 

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

Just silly if people do that. If you get the option for seating on the first sale you’re gonna get that or better in the next two. London has a tonne of dates too, getting a ticket won’t be an issue at all.

Think it worked pretty seamlessly 

Definitely, but people aren't always thinking rational when they've got a ticking clock putting pressure on them. I was lucky and got GA standing on Friday which we wanted otherwise I'd have probably waited and tried again. 

Saw somebody on twitter claim their partner had hastily bought two of the most expensive VIP tickets without thinking, and drained their bank account of the money needed for rent. Was begging for somebody to buy them. Hoping that was a windup and people aren't that irrational over gig tickets. 

Guardian article about viagogo and a few technical glitches could apply to any big tour. Nothing is seamless but it seemed to me to run pretty well and it wasn't like I got amazing seats. After that obtuse article about the speak now release perhaps they just have it in for her. Music journalists, of whom I respect very few and none of them write for the guardian, do love an orchestrated backlash. 

5 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Definitely, but people aren't always thinking rational when they've got a ticking clock putting pressure on them. I was lucky and got GA standing on Friday which we wanted otherwise I'd have probably waited and tried again. 

Saw somebody on twitter claim their partner had hastily bought two of the most expensive VIP tickets without thinking, and drained their bank account of the money needed for rent. Was begging for somebody to buy them. Hoping that was a windup and people aren't that irrational over gig tickets. 

sincerely hope that's not true, but that person is a moron if they did that 

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I still find it a bit mad that every venue in the UK has added extra dates and Cardiff still only has 1. I wonder if the extra dates are based on Midnights and Presale registrations, which would mean Cardiff had a low number (here's hoping!)

With it being a Tuesday show, feels like Cardiff has just been squeezed in "because they can", rather than it being a core part of the tour.

Suspect that it's more likely that there'd be zero shows than two.

Trying for Liverpool tomorrow and can’t really decide between front standing or getting one of the VIP packages just for early entry. People will definitely be queuing overnight wherever possible I know that, but will I get anywhere close to the action if I just get front standing?

13 minutes ago, ls2408 said:

Trying for Liverpool tomorrow and can’t really decide between front standing or getting one of the VIP packages just for early entry. People will definitely be queuing overnight wherever possible I know that, but will I get anywhere close to the action if I just get front standing?

If you can get the front right/left tickets, you’re going to struggle to have a bad time/view there I think. It’s the GA standing where you could end up quite far back and struggling to see. 

13 minutes ago, ls2408 said:

Just barge your way to the front - what are a bunch of Swifties gonna do about it? 

(just joking, of course…)