Taylor swift

brettredmayne

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

She could always do a scaled down version for festivals, but yeah I’m leaning towards her sticking with her own shows throughout next year and then possibly festivals later, but also wouldn’t be at all surprised if she doesn’t bother at this point, or at least not for a while.

So that leaves us with the question on who is our other female headliner, assuming Dua is pretty much a lock. Will Madonna’s greatest hits tour be a scalable down type thing or is she gonna be out of the running as soon as we see her first show too?

Or - the festival have an open offer to Taylor and they are indeed holding a slot for her (because they know she’s around).

I don’t think there’s a huge misdirection here. They are hoping for Taylor and Dua… and Taylor not materialising is a real possibility.

We’ve seen how Glasto approach these things. They let offers sit on the table and try their best.

Edited by Matt42

Looks incredible - can't wait until this hits the UK.

Surprised by some of the setlist choices but that was always going to be the way.  I thought it was literally going to be her greatest hits, but in reality it is her touring the 4 recent albums all at once plus a full shows worth of greatest hits on top! 

Most glaring omission for me is no Getaway Car!!  Also very light on 1989.

See a few of you saying Ready For It needs dropped - no way!  Were any of you at the Reputation tour?  Its not a song I would usually listen to much, but it sounds incredible live.  Classic example of a song that is made for stadiums and a big show like that

37 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I agree that Getaway car is the only glaring omission so far 

Mine, Mean, Sparks Fly, Teardrops on My Guitar, Our Song, All You Had To Do Was Stay, Clean, Long Live, State of Grace, Red, Holy Ground, This Is Me Trying, The 1, I Forgot That You Existed, I Think He Knows, Death by a Thousand Cuts, Exile and Ivy would all have been worthy inclusions. Hell, it’s even missing Labyrinth, Would’ve Should've Could've and You’re On Your Own Kid from the new album. Maybe Question…? too.

At this point she could play over 70 songs and still miss out someone’s fave unfortunately. We’ll see how much it changes for the second show tonight, if at all (beyond the ‘acoustic surprise’ song).

Saw one theory that she’s holding back on Speak Now until she drops Speak Now TV at some point soon, which is a nice thought but feels like a bit of a cope. Hopefully Bad Blood gets swapped out for something (anything) eventually though. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

I thought that the launch of the tour would just make me a bit bitter, with no sign of when we're going to get a look at it over here, but of course it's just got me super excited and Taylor is all I've listened to for the past 24 hours.

'This is me trying' is in my Taylor top five so it is just lovely to see the recordings of it performed live. 

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

You waddle into a thread about a specific artist throwing about terms like “cretin” and “bitch” then complain about being downvoted? 😂 

Not complaining. I found it funny that it got under your skin so much. Classic Swifty.

Edited by Lucy F

21 minutes ago, Lucy F said:

Not complaining. I found it funny that it got under your skin so much. Classic Swifty.

Obvious troll but I’m not doing much - why is she such a “cretin”? Who would you have headline Glasto rather than literally one of the biggest acts in the world?

On 3/18/2023 at 8:26 AM, Kalopsia said:

Yea I'd love Getaway Car.

My favourite Taylor Swift song

Would think if she does play Glastonbury (I'm not convinced having seen the setlist that she will), it will definitely change a fair bit - not least because of the special guests. You'd think Ed Sheeran and Bon Iver are absolutely nailed on, tour dates permitting

Edited by homesick

54 minutes ago, homesick said:

My favourite Taylor Swift song

Would think if she does play Glastonbury (I'm not convinced having seen the setlist that she will), it will definitely change a fair bit - not least because of the special guests. You'd think Ed Sheeran and Bon Iver are absolutely nailed on, tour dates permitting

HAIM in with a shout too if they’re about 

19 hours ago, kalifire said:

Glasto hack: leave the needy, poundshop troll attitude outside the gates. The festival will go much better for you 👍

Thanks for the advice. You sound like a really fun, carefree person, so I'll do what you say 🤣