ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

18 minutes ago, gfa said:

resale coach is 2

i've seen about 5 people on here say main sale coach used to be 4. someone needs to go on the wayback machine and settle this once and for all!

that's what i thought too! 4 in main sale and 2 in resale, so weird that we've all got this collective amnesia

4 minutes ago, moogster said:

@golden egg Maybe WHEN you are through, try with the old post code, if error with the new?

I am GUESSING you could still contact SEE after to get that changed, although not sure how you'd prove it's you without the email address? See doesn't do to bad in terms of that support from personal experience...

Cheers, that’s what I was thinking. The tickets were delivered to my new address this year.. is it possible I changed the delivery address when I paid the balance last year? I can’t remember.. and would inputting  the wrong postcode block my registration for 10 mins like mentioned upthread?

1 minute ago, billum said:

Yes, you do need to enter a name and address that matches the one for the credit/debit card you're paying with, definitely, or else the payment will fail

The card owner doesn’t have to be a ticket buyer though! I’ve not got a ticket for myself but paid for others previously. 

3 minutes ago, golden egg said:

Cheers, that’s what I was thinking. The tickets were delivered to my new address this year.. is it possible I changed the delivery address when I paid the balance last year? I can’t remember.. and would inputting  the wrong postcode block my registration for 10 mins like mentioned upthread?

I'm guessing not, that would mean no one's allowed a typo?

2 minutes ago, moogster said:

nope. accidentally put my +1 as lead booker last time but paid with my card. No issues. 

2 minutes ago, billum said:

Yes indeed - I've bought tickets for my kids and their mates, didn't include me in the list of registrations/postcodes at all (and, amazingly, they paid me back!) 😄

OK thanks.

This saves a lot of hassle passing bank details back and forth.

5 minutes ago, billum said:

Yes, you do need to enter a name and address that matches the one for the credit/debit card you're paying with, definitely, or else the payment will fail

So if buying for someone else and the Billing/Delivery screen pre-populates with Lead Booker address we need to change that to cardholder address?

This all seems to be different from 2019 sale when payment screen did not need a 'Billing Address'..... https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/full-2020-ticket-info/

Screenshot 2022-11-03 12.20.01.png

6 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

So if buying for someone else and the Billing/Delivery screen pre-populates with Lead Booker address we need to change that to cardholder address?

This all seems to be different from 2019 sale when payment screen did not need a 'Billing Address'..... https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/full-2020-ticket-info/

Screenshot 2022-11-03 12.20.01.png

Yes it is a bit confusing isn't it? If it's asking for a Billing Address then that *has* to be the one registered to the payment card, surely. Usually that would also be the lead booker and hence also the 'delivery address', but as we know all the tickets (if this is general admission, not coach) go to each of the individuals, not the lead booker, anyway. Plus, anyone can change where their ticket is delivered to by going on See's customer service page. So maybe the fact that it calls this 'delivery' is a bit misleading and doesn't mean anything?

26 minutes ago, billum said:

I don't think there's a real address registered to my credit card!? 

And everybody writes addresses differently, that's impossible to check. 

I've read through a good chunk of this post. Can someone clarify the Glasgow/Edinburgh coach situation? A lot of post suggest that there's only Wednesday coach packages (leaving Tuesday night). Is this true or will there be Thursday packages (leaving Wednesday night) available?

Final question, do they take AMEX? I can't find any concrete yes or no.

Edited by kenny_needs_T

Just now, eyebrain said:

I don't think there's a real address registered to my credit card!? 

And everybody writes addresses differently, that's impossible to check. 

Doesn't matter too much how it's written.

If they're using AVS, only the first line and the postcode are actually (able to be) verified, the rest is for records only.

4 minutes ago, Serenefishy said:

Still haven't decided if I'm going to try for a ticket alone after failing to convince any of my friends to go. Will see how I feel at 5 to 6.

I have been on my own to around 4 of the 12 Galstonbury's I've been to and I prefer it tbh. No arguments about what to see/waiting around for others to show up - take it at my own pace and enjoy it. Most people are generally friendly enough to talk to and I would recommend it!

Edited by Nestacres
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kenny_needs_T said:

I've read through a good chunk of this post. Can someone clarify the Glasgow/Edinburgh coach situation? A lot of post suggest that theirs only Wednesday coach packages (leaving Tuesday night). Is this true or will there be Thursday packages (leaving Wednesday night) available?

Final question, do they take AMEX? I can't find any concrete yes or no.

I don't know about the coaches for sure but they don't take Amex, at least they haven't before.

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales