ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

11 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

When I first took my husband as my carer in  2011 I also bought him a ticket to be on the safe side just in case he didn't get a PA ticket. He did so we got a refund less £25 for his ticket once the refund was processed. I was on DLA back then and PIP now. You need to apply as soon once you get tickets as accessibility was vastly busier than usual this year. Spring Ground is a wonderful place to camp and there are staff on hand to assist if you need help pitching your tent. You can take 2 other people in there with you in a separate tent but that is the maximum. 

There are cut throughs, viewing platforms and even a minibus, these can only used by the disabled person and their PA. 

Ask if you have and more questions, here is a PDF File from 2019 which may be useful to you. https://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/2019-TICKET-ACCESS-INFO-PDF.pdf

PS Just seen that you prefer not to split the group on ticket day which makes sense. If he is on Middle or Higher rate DLA for care and/or mobility • Receipt of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) • Nimbus Access Card - + 1 category requirement – www.accesscard.org.uk • Armed forces Independent payment • War Disablement Pension • D/deaf or blind registration I would say 100% he will be approved for a carer ticket, I have a feeling they may change the other supporting documentation this year. I haven't heard anything to back this up but they can only accept so many people and that would be a way of reducing the numbers. 

Thanks for your reply, 

He's in receipt of PIP and is registered severely sight impaired, so would qualify for a carer 🤞 

Regarding the camp site, it would just be us 2 (silly question, is it a free for all with guide ropes stretched willy nilly like regular camping) obvs bad enough when you can see them 😩 though we have head lamps and torches 

Soz for all the asks but this would be our 1st festival after full sight loss x

1 minute ago, Joanne punshon said:

Thanks for your reply, 

He's in receipt of PIP and is registered severely sight impaired, so would qualify for a carer 🤞 

Regarding the camp site, it would just be us 2 (silly question, is it a free for all with guide ropes stretched willy nilly like regular camping) obvs bad enough when you can see them 😩 though we have head lamps and torches 

Soz for all the asks but this would be our 1st festival after full sight loss x

You are shown by one of the accessible team staff where to pitch so it's not a free for all. Just explain his vision loss and I am sure they will safely accommodate you. This year was my first time actually in Spring Ground but I have used the PA ticket, viewing platforms, cut throughs and forward caravan pitching since 2011. Without the wonderful accessible team I would have had to stop going years ago. 🙂

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

When I first took my husband as my carer in  2011 I also bought him a ticket to be on the safe side just in case he didn't get a PA ticket. He did so we got a refund less £25 for his ticket once the refund was processed. I was on DLA back then and PIP now. You need to apply as soon once you get tickets as accessibility was vastly busier than usual this year. Spring Ground is a wonderful place to camp and there are staff on hand to assist if you need help pitching your tent. You can take 2 other people in there with you in a separate tent but that is the maximum. 

There are cut throughs, viewing platforms and even a minibus, these can only used by the disabled person and their PA. 

Ask if you have and more questions, here is a PDF File from 2019 which may be useful to you. https://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/2019-TICKET-ACCESS-INFO-PDF.pdf

PS Just seen that you prefer not to split the group on ticket day which makes sense. If he is on Middle or Higher rate DLA for care and/or mobility • Receipt of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) • Nimbus Access Card - + 1 category requirement – www.accesscard.org.uk • Armed forces Independent payment • War Disablement Pension • D/deaf or blind registration I would say 100% he will be approved for a carer ticket, I have a feeling they may change the other supporting documentation this year. I haven't heard anything to back this up but they can only accept so many people and that would be a way of reducing the numbers. 

Awww, apologies for tagging you and thanks for being ever so helpful 🙂 

• Upvote 1

I've already arranged to drop off our daughter at the in Law's on the Sunday morning in order for me and the Wife to come in to my office and fire up a few computers in readiness for the battle at 9am.

When are we thinking ticket price / date of sale will be confirmed? Next week sometime?

17 hours ago, TGCarr said:

Seeing a lot of you say go for Bus Journey tickets first.

Am I right in guessing you’re paying extra for this bus journey package but you don’t have to actually use the travel itself? 

it’s something similar I do yearly for Tomorrowland, pay extra their journey package which many won’t do as they don’t want to pay more, but it guarantees you an “easier” ticket 

Coach sale is before the main sale is the reason more than anything. Most would prefer general sale, but you bet i'm trying for coach first

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Coach sale is before the main sale is the reason more than anything. Most would prefer general sale, but you bet i'm trying for coach first

Yeah just like TML. Price is more but it’s always nice to get tickets before main sale rush.

what destinations are for coach? Is there a list?

1 hour ago, TGCarr said:

Yeah just like TML. Price is more but it’s always nice to get tickets before main sale rush.

what destinations are for coach? Is there a list?

Pretty much any major town/city in the UK.image.jpeg.1c55ac468748b757b0dc2b2003c450f2.jpeg

10 hours ago, stuie said:

Nothing at all in Kent or Essex though… never understood this! 

Slightly related: would love like even one bus a day from a Eurostar location... Promoting public transport to European visitors and all. (Still traumatized by having to carry heavy camping gear in the tube years ago...)

9 hours ago, moogster said:

Slightly related: would love like even one bus a day from a Eurostar location... Promoting public transport to European visitors and all. (Still traumatized by having to carry heavy camping gear in the tube years ago...)

I wish there was a Kings Cross bus! People would prefer that to O2 without a doubt but there's just not the room for it in central London. They have stopped using ashford and the other eurostar stop in the uk until 2025 or something as well

On 9/7/2022 at 7:23 PM, gfa said:

There would be returned tickets from the resale so if they ran out of 'put aside' carer tickets they would just be taken from the resale pool. Definitely best to ask glastonbury themselves and check the documentation is up to scratch but i'm sure you'll be fine, good luck on the ticket sale!

the only way to do it is to go thru the process; its tough not knowing whats going bon but the process seems to work ok if you're disabled enough to deserve a carer's ticket. (i guess they have some chancers as its a free ticket).

On 9/7/2022 at 4:49 PM, Neil said:

i got a carers ticket for my wife this year, having paid for a full-price ticket for myself).not sure if the carer's ticket is guaranteed, i had to jump thru a NUMBER OF HOOPS  to prove my disability, (i guess it has to meet a threshold). it was  a bit nail-biting until it was all confirmed (which was probably in April).

Useful info. My friend is applying for a PA ticket for her husband next year (she has a blue badge so hopefully fine). We are going to get them both deposits anyway just in case and take the hit on the admin fee when the PA ticket is confirmed.

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Useful info. My friend is applying for a PA ticket for her husband next year (she has a blue badge so hopefully fine). We are going to get them both deposits anyway just in case and take the hit on the admin fee when the PA ticket is confirmed.

its a bit more than a blue badge, having the right supporting documentation might be harder, if you don't have it to hand. Luckily i had all the necessary stuff from my recent long stay in hospital, and that did the job, wouldn't have been so easy if i'd had to get fresh documentation from somewhere. try to be patient after you've submitted your stuff, as i found  the waiting tortuous.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

its a bit more than a blue badge, having the right supporting documentation might be harder, if you don't have it to hand. Luckily i had all the necessary stuff from my recent long stay in hospital, and that did the job, wouldn't have been so easy if i'd had to get fresh documentation from somewhere. try to be patient after you've submitted your stuff, as i found  the waiting tortuous.

She's a stage four cancer sufferer so she has plenty of documentation. As I say we will go through the process but we are getting an extra deposit just in case they do turn us away for the PA ticket.

21 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thanks! We usually camp on the west anyway.

you don't have to actually camp in the accessible campsite, but you have to collect your carer wristband on the west side so might as well enter there too.

49 minutes ago, Neil said:

you don't have to actually camp in the accessible campsite, but you have to collect your carer wristband on the west side so might as well enter there too.

We might not even arrive with them to be honest, they're just part of our ticket buying group. All depends on how it goes! But good info.

On 9/7/2022 at 12:50 PM, gooner1990 said:

@incident It's started already! 😄 

lol indeed

On 9/7/2022 at 2:01 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

We also want a PA ticket next year but I think we are going to just get two deposits for the person and the PA and then cancel the deposit for the PA once confirmed. Partly as we want to try coach and partly because we are just too scared to not get everyone a ticket all at once! Appreciate this will incur an admin charge though.

I don't think there is an option on the booking screen. I think you just have to email them after you have the ticket for the person that requires a PA.

Pretty sure there are more London coaches. We are London based so go for them anyway but if its easy to get to for you I'd probably be tempted. Being able to choose departure time is also a bonus.

Thank you! They should actually be able to refund the ticket directly if you contact the access team I believe, as said above, and turn that one into a PA one! My issue is I don’t actually know 100% who my PA will be yet so can’t buy for them yet. With the coach ticket thing, what happened last time was I emailed Seetickets, Glasto and the access team all literally a minute afterwards (probably while there were still seats on the coach!) asking for my PA’s seat as I didn’t see an option on the form. See were the first to respond quite quickly saying no, that’s not a thing as the coach has fully sold out. Access team initially said yes we can sort a seat for you but then later said that’s not actually the case, that the person who said that had their info wrong and we’ll need to travel separately. This wound up being a massive pain and I ended up really struggling with my stuff with nobody to help me, it was difficult for my PA to arrange alternative transport. We got there in the end but with a sense of it being really key that we avoid the same situation in future! So now I’m really unsure.

People booking coach tickets that want to bring kids - how does this work for you? 

• Upvote 1

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales