Green Man 2023

March Hare

6 hours ago, DaniellaGS said:

Hi,

Does anyone have any tips on re-selling Green Man tickets? Have had 2 listed for a couple of days on the official GM resale FanTicks (below face value!) and no luck yet, was wondering whether to de-list and put on Twickets instead. I can't go due to medical issues so am already pretty gutted to miss out, so just want to avoid losing all my money if possible!

Sell them individually. Many people at this stage are only after one ticket

On 8/11/2023 at 7:06 PM, BeckiBee said:

Hi all! We bought greenman tickets for the family but the infants had sold out. I thought as they were free that we would be able to add on but greenman have said we need a resale ticket. Not sure how likely this will be as the infant ones are free of charge. Wondering if anyone has a spare infant ticket, or alternatively would pay for a little folks ticket. Thanks in advance. 

This could be risky, but a family turned up yesterday with a kid they didn't have a ticket for and they basically let them pay whatever the ticket price was and let them in.

You may not be so lucky but depends how risk adverse you are!

It feels a bit weird to be in costume five days before their set, although apparently she's also Alabaster DePlume's drummer. I think most people had assumed the TBA was The Last Dinner Party playing an extra set given even on GM's own official podcast Pete Paphides said they'd surely have to be moved to a bigger stage.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

29 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

It feels a bit weird to be in costume five days before their set, although apparently she's also Alabaster DePlume's drummer. I think most people had assumed the TBA was The Last Dinner Party playing an extra set given even on GM's own official podcast Pete Paphides said they'd surely have to be moved to a bigger stage.

Agree it's weird. I don't think it will be SA though. 

The rain on Friday really put a downer on things, after Comet is Coming and Delgados I couldn't face Devo in the downpour. Hope they got a decent crowd. 

Had a decent time, really enjoyed Bricknasty, Arushi Jain, clipping, Confidence Man and Sudan Archives. Ate lots of great food at not completely unreasonable prices. 

Trolleys to transport children are getting bigger and bigger it seems and something needs to be done because it's a bit of a joke now. Can be hard to get in or around the bits of the mountain, walled garden or far out now because of whole areas blocked off by them. Banning them outside the camping areas after about 6pm would be a great move. General entitled behaviour of a minority, but a growing one, of parents not controlling their kids was noticeable and commented upon unprompted by a number of people I got chatting to so not just me being a misery guts either. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/19/2023 at 7:41 PM, BluesManP said:

Hey, I am so sorry. Completely forgot about this! Let me know if you want to meet up tomorrow 🙂

Don't worry I was a bit behind and didn't make it either.  But what a great festival.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 4:59 PM, SweepingTheNation said:

Women's World Cup final will be shown live in Cinedrome.

It was so rammed I couldn't get a look in but watched it in the end on someone's I Pad outside.

Back and sorted 

Best four days of the year for me as usual. Possibly not vintage GM but still my favourite festival and the lineup was pretty solid. Friday weather was atrocious wasn’t it? I was even more peed off to inadvertently flood my perfectly dry tent and spent half Saturday morning bailing it out. I then broke a tooth mid-evening and had to pull the offending item out and was so knackered I fell asleep and missed Self Esteem completely. Hope some kind soul posts clips on YouTube!

Best for me were Juni Habel, Mega Bog, H Hawkline, Aoife Nessus Frances,

Amyl and Sniffers, First Aid Kit

Also enjoyed Last Dinner Party and Lady Maisery on the Rising Stage

Thought the food and drink was excellent and prices were ok.

Definitely more children now than previously but can’t say their presence bothered me.

Staff were lovely. On the whole I thought the crowds were really well behaved and super-polite, although I didn’t spend much time in the Far Out so others might disagree. 

Getting off site was a bit of a pain this year - I saw there was an ambulance- hope all was ok?

Out of interest did anyone have good phone signal on site? I’m with O2 and had zero coverage from Thursday to today. (Quite a blessing actually) but did worry I might miss any last minute changes.

Oh well, here’s to the next 52 weeks and GM 24!

17 minutes ago, Mambonumberfive said:

did anyone have good phone signal on site? I’m with O2 and had zero coverage from Thursday to today. (Quite a blessing actually) but did worry I might miss any last minute changes.

No coverage at all. Was glad for the greenman public WiFi although it was very patchy and seemed to depend a lot where you were when trying to connect.

1 hour ago, collectivisedfarming said:

No coverage at all. Was glad for the greenman public WiFi although it was very patchy and seemed to depend a lot where you were when trying to connect.

Doh! Thanks -  I didn’t even know there was free Wi-Fi! I did a quick scan for Wi-Fi on the first evening and because nothing showed up I just assumed there wasn’t any. Oh well 4 days away from a screen was ok. 

The kids didn't bother me so much. As I could usually make my way around them further up to the front but I would agree, it is a bit of an assault course with the volume of trolleys.

More annoying to me were groups of glittered up fancy dressers (as it was always them) who smash their way forwards, talk loudly for 20 minutes and then smash their way back out. A lot of open drug talking which I've no issue with if they can manage their behaviour.

No other complaints (aside from national express, I wish there was an alternative festival option). There was so much good music on display and such depth that the reviews I've read all have different highlights and few overlap with my own.

• Like 1

So tickets on Sale 30th Sept for 2024.

We are going to go next year (hopefully) to give it a go as we drive right past the site every year on route to Beautiful Days so it seems rather sensible to try our 'local' festival. No idea really why we never have before,

Anyway, any tips etc appreciated. We want to try for Settlement tickets and presume they go fast. is that the case?

19 hours ago, collectivisedfarming said:

The rain on Friday really put a downer on things, after Comet is Coming and Delgados I couldn't face Devo in the downpour. Hope they got a decent crowd. 

Had a decent time, really enjoyed Bricknasty, Arushi Jain, clipping, Confidence Man and Sudan Archives. Ate lots of great food at not completely unreasonable prices. 

Trolleys to transport children are getting bigger and bigger it seems and something needs to be done because it's a bit of a joke now. Can be hard to get in or around the bits of the mountain, walled garden or far out now because of whole areas blocked off by them. Banning them outside the camping areas after about 6pm would be a great move. General entitled behaviour of a minority, but a growing one, of parents not controlling their kids was noticeable and commented upon unprompted by a number of people I got chatting to so not just me being a misery guts either. 

The trouble is that it's a really child friendly festival so always going to attract a lot of families and it's one of the reasons that we went this year.  Most of the trolleys are probably hired ones from Mr Trolley and have been around from years and not got any bigger. Maybe they should stop Mr Trolley from hiring out their weekend 'wagons'? That way people might bring smaller ones of they had to fit their own in a car or make do another way? 

19 minutes ago, slumberjack said:

The trouble is that it's a really child friendly festival so always going to attract a lot of families and it's one of the reasons that we went this year.  Most of the trolleys are probably hired ones from Mr Trolley and have been around from years and not got any bigger. Maybe they should stop Mr Trolley from hiring out their weekend 'wagons'? That way people might bring smaller ones of they had to fit their own in a car or make do another way? 

No issue with properly supervised children or it being family friendly. But family friendly should also mean people with young families taking others into account. It's a two way street. 

My group included children who had a great time. Youngest had a small fold up pram. Folded away as soon as it looked like standing room was at a premium. You can't do that with a massive wooden trolley and people seem unwilling to move them when they're clearly being an inconvenience. 

Had a great time. Wasn't up there with the best Green Man's but a solid festival nonetheless.

Music highlights were Deathcrash who were utterly spellbinding, clipping and Young Fathers who ended the festival with an incredible show.

Also very much enjoyed Horace Andy who quite rightly had a massive crowd all of who had big smiles, and Lankum who it seems we were lucky to see as they have cancelled a bunch of upcoming dates.

As usual I spent a lot of time at Rising where Butch Kassidy stood out. 

Best food I had was Vegan Junkies in Nature Nurture, then Kerala Kitchen and the Indonesian Curry in Walled Garden.

Didn't have many drinks from the Courtyard but everything I did try was great.

Had phone signal most of the time, could listen to radio on it at the tent no problems and then only a couple of places around the site where access dropped out completely. Was also helped by having access to another WiFi source at certain spots in the arena - the public one didn't seem to work for me.

Can't say I noticed the trolleys being a problem although I didn't spend a huge amount on the main stage where I presume the issues were. 

Friday's rain was a bit annoying but then we were in Far Out for most of the time it pissed down. One of my only complaints was the lack of effort to sort out the mud in there. It was still quite grim on the right hand side by the time Young Fathers played which was nearly 48 hours after the bad rain. They put some down Saturday morning but none after that.

A week or so to recover and then it's time for EOTR.