Green Man 2023

March Hare

Just now, zico martin said:

for my shame i haven't really heard of them, where should I start? 

start with the SUPERIOR Jonathan Fire*Eater, innit! 😜

I am always wary of EOTR line up announcements. It can sometimes be quite depressing, seeing all the stuff you will most likely NOT see at GM. However....apart from a couple of notable exceptions, Im pleased that there isnt much in Dorset. MEans GM is gonna be stacked, right?

So this is the state of current play with likely international GM acts:

IN EUROPE FOR GREEN MAN WEEK: The Walkmen, Fever Ray, Les Savy Fav, Amyl & the Sniffers, Protomartyr

IN EUROPE THE PREVIOUS WEEK: Devo, Panda Bear & Sonic Boom, Makaya McCraven

IN UK/EUROPE THE FOLLOWING WEEK: Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Osees, Panda Bear & Sonic Boom, Sudan Archives, Arca, Crack Cloud

Edited by SweepingTheNation

40 minutes ago, mario man said:

Going by the previous few years, am I right in thinking that the first poster has never dropped later than end of next week (except 2021)?

Quick look at eFests' news archive reveals even last year was later than normal:

2022 10th February
2020 29th January
2019 29th January
2018 25th January
2017 26th January
2016 26th January
2015 3rd February

21 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Quick look at eFests' news archive reveals even last year was later than normal:

2022 10th February
2020 29th January
2019 29th January
2018 25th January
2017 26th January
2016 26th January
2015 3rd February

Cheers! Next Thurs/Fri then hopefully if going by last year

48 minutes ago, thespiral said:

First Aid Kit just announced big date Crystal Palace Bowl on August 12th.

Not sure if this makes a GM appearance more , or less likely. 🤨

Im trying to be positive and thinking more 🙏

The rumour was they were coming over to play "a festival", which everyone assumed would be Green Man but...

I wonder what the wait is this year, as I suspect if we don't get an announcement date today it won't be this week. Waiting on an embargo, maybe?

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

The rumour was they were coming over to play "a festival", which everyone assumed would be Green Man but...

I wonder what the wait is this year, as I suspect if we don't get an announcement date today it won't be this week. Waiting on an embargo, maybe?

They have no tickets to sell so they can take their time fixing up the undercard I guess.

The possibility that realistically they could make this probably the first ever UK festival to have all-female leads on the headline slots given who's around touring and the right size (Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Fever Ray, First Aid Kit, Amyl & The Sniffers, Arlo Parks, Grace Jones, Boygenius) is quite something.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, jannybruck said:

They have no tickets to sell so they can take their time fixing up the undercard I guess.

The possibility that realistically they could make this probably the first ever UK festival to have all-female leads on the headline slots given who's around touring and the right size (Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Fever Ray, First Aid Kit, Amyl & The Sniffers, Arlo Parks, Grace Jones, Boygenius) is quite something.

Now you've said that you just know it's going to be Mac Demarco and Jamie xx

• Like 1